Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Attempting to Make a Use Out of an Ineffective Card - Thread #1: Pendragon

Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Attempting to Make a Use Out of an Ineffective Card - Thread #1: Pendragon Empty Attempting to Make a Use Out of an Ineffective Card - Thread #1: Pendragon

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:02 am

Grade 0 - 17
    1x Drangal
    4x Alabaster Owl (Crit)
    4x Bringer of Good Luck, Epona (Crit)
    4x Margal (Draw)
    4x Yggdrasil Maiden Elaine (Heal)

Grade 1 - 14
    4x Little Sage Marron
    4x Flash Shield, Iseult
    3x Pongal
    3x Toypugal

Grade 2 - 11
    4x Knight of Determination, Lamorak
    4x Silent Knight Gallatin
    3x Hi-Dog Breeder, Akane

Grade 3 - 8
    3x White Dragon Knight, Pendragon
    3x Soul Saver Dragon
    2x Swordsman of Explosive Flames, Palamedes

I really have to hand it to Bushiroad. They tried to give Pendragon a boost in DAIGO!!'s cameo episode by showing off what it could do, and in a way, it's not bad. Yes, I'm already aware that in comparing Royal Paladin decks, Alfred > MLB > Standard Royals > Pendragon/SSD, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here. It /is/ playable, regardless of how bad it is.

So, suggest some changes I could make to improve Pendragon.dek. I'm sure there's something I could take out/change in terms of numbers.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Attempting to Make a Use Out of an Ineffective Card - Thread #1: Pendragon Empty Re: Attempting to Make a Use Out of an Ineffective Card - Thread #1: Pendragon

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:05 am

We went over this. Pendragon isn't bad, it's just outclassed as f*** by everything.

Anyway:
    -1 Soul Saver
    +1 Palamedes

Soul Saver will become cloggy. Even if you're running 3 Pongals.
    Also, I'm assuming no Blaster Blade because Daigo.dek.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Attempting to Make a Use Out of an Ineffective Card - Thread #1: Pendragon Empty Re: Attempting to Make a Use Out of an Ineffective Card - Thread #1: Pendragon

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:11 am

Voluptuous Eve wrote:We went over this. Pendragon isn't bad, it's just outclassed as f*** by everything.

Anyway:
    -1 Soul Saver
    +1 Palamedes

You have to understand that the reason I feel uncomfortable about dropping SSD down a slot is because of Pendragon's toolbox ride. Palomedes isn't a bad pull to get...except it kind of is in terms of how the deck is supposed to work.

Also, I originally ran Za Avahtaah until I realized the fact that really, you don't need to snipe their RGs until you start swinging with your columns. Mind you, I never got a chance to play Burrastah when I played Laura that one time, so it's worth playtesting. Otherwise, Lamorak/Garrateen is column play and Akane gets Pongal/Toypugal.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Post by Johnny Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 am

The card's better than people make it out to be. Jeez, has no one kept up with regionals or even how high levels of competition rolls? >___>

I've tested that build myself, and made some personal modifications since there's things I don't like. Other than that, deck's actually solid, and Pendragon's just a lot better than everyone who's addicted to MY AVATAR says. =/

NOTE: Yes, when you use the Limit Break while Barron or YPK is around, they get +3K since a card (your Vanguard) was moved into the Soul during the Main Phase. It was actually confirmed.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:20 am

>Pendragon won a regional

mfw

I know the deck's not terrible, I just think that there are much, much better things to run than Pendragon in ETCG, considering that with the release of BT03, we'll have everything except Wingal Brave and Alabaster/Sharon to run. And the Knights, if you really care about those.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:22 am

Out of his build, I'll admit I don't like Gancelot. So I swapped that for a PendragonPalamedes.

Hell, for BT03, you can swap around the numbers of everything to fit in the obligatory Drangal + Grade 1 units.

As for the lack of Blasster Keroro... lol, good luck finding something, or hopefully we get it as an insert to one of our packs. .___. <---This is for the case of when BT05 hits our shores.

/edit
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:37 am

Dashing Knight Lancelot wrote:
    Voluptuous Eve wrote:We went over this. Pendragon isn't bad, it's just outclassed as f*** by everything.

Anyway:
    -1 Soul Saver
    +1 Palamedes

You have to understand that the reason I feel uncomfortable about dropping SSD down a slot is because of Pendragon's toolbox ride. Palomedes isn't a bad pull to get...except it kind of is in terms of how the deck is supposed to work.

Also, I originally ran Za Avahtaah until I realized the fact that really, you don't need to snipe their RGs until you start swinging with your columns. Mind you, I never got a chance to play Burrastah when I played Laura that one time, so it's worth playtesting. Otherwise, Lamorak/Garrateen is column play and Akane gets Pongal/Toypugal.

... Completely forgot that you want to Superior Ride Soul Savers.
    In that case, ditch one of the Pongals. ... Wait never mind, you probably don't even need to.

Blaster Blade knocks out those intercept faggots so you can swing when you top Soul Saver with Pendragon. He'd be worth running at 2 just for that and the off chance you get 2 damage and ride him to hit stuff like Conroe. Plus, Wingal Brave's there to be a 5k Rearguard, so you could run that too.

EDIT: Never mind, if this is for ETCG, forget running Brave.

Kind of wish there was a way to get Lamorak/Garrateen beyond 19/24...

Johnny Raptor wrote:The card's better than people make it out to be. Jeez, has no one kept up with regionals or even how high levels of competition rolls? >___>

I've tested that build myself, and made some personal modifications since there's things I don't like. Other than that, deck's actually solid, and Pendragon's just a lot better than everyone who's addicted to MY AVATAR says. =/

The Avatar has nothing to do with running Pendragon or Soul Saver Dragon.
    Gancelot is a little odd there, but I've stopped liking him entirely. As I've said countless times, Pendragon isn't bad, just outclassed by MLB and Standard Royals.

Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 am

Half the game is outclassed Baseball, so that doesn't exactly even get to count. I'll quote a guy on NAC for this, "Wins with Lord Blaster don't count". >___>

Fair enough on Standard, despite that said standard has actually teched in 1-2 copies of Pendragon before in the Japanese meta.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:37 am