Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[Gold Paladin] Anger of the Earth

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

[Gold Paladin] Anger of the Earth Empty [Gold Paladin] Anger of the Earth

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:55 am

Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

[Gold Paladin] Anger of the Earth Empty Re: [Gold Paladin] Anger of the Earth

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 am

You already know most of my reasoning for my reluctance to really give this deck the credit it deserves.

It's mainly the fact that you're banking on jumping to Ezel to boost the soul by three, when there are numerous other scenarios. I'll give you that Coongal is hella consistent with the guard-to-soul schematic, but Gold Paladins aren't really about the soul just yet, so it's really hard to give them a go without just flushing your triggers into Agravain.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:11 am

Honestly, I really hate having to bank on Ezel too, because I have to open f****** insane to be sure of winning the game. There's not much else I'd want to do to boost soul though. There's Flame of Victory, and riding Agravain several times, but derp, this is the best way.

They have a sort-of Barkgal Engine, so I can't really complain if it helps the purpose of the deck.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Unfortunately, the same thing sort of kills the deck in the end. You still end up banking on having a pattern, because unlike Barcgal, you're looking at an unguaranteed two turns of setup, which, when we're talking Vanguard, is the difference between being ahead or behind. When it comes down to it, you're looking to ride Beaumains to jump to Ezel, which isn't especially hard at first glance, but then you're factoring in that your deck is letting you pull boosters and maintain Kryph's presence.

In the end, while it does unexpectedly help Agravain, it adds a new risk to the deck that, based on your design, will more than likely cause it to fall to a considerable chunk of brute force from those 18k+ columns colliding into you while you're trying to build up soul, even with Coongal in hand to guard.

EDIT: This is, of course, coming from the guy that absolutely despises ride chains and the like for that same "luck of the draw" reasoning. All of my testing has pretty much told me that it's GARmore or bust when it comes to Gold Paladins, simply because you don't have to test your luck on riding stuff like Vort and Beaumains in the other decks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:45 pm