Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Standard Illusions

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Standard Illusions Empty Standard Illusions

Post by Rodrigo Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 pm

4 Phantasmal Bear
    4 Phantasmal Dragon
    4 Phantasmal Image
    4 Lord of the Unreal
    1 Consecrated Sphinx

3 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage

4 Mana Leak
    1 Dissipate
    4 Vapor Snag
    1 Devastation Tide
    2 Temporal Mastery
    4 Thought Scour
    4 Think Twice

16 Island
    4 Evolving Wilds

This deck is pretty interesting regarding play style. You can either go the muscle way with a couple of Phantasmal Bears and a couple of Lords, or go the usual Blue way with lots of control. Why only 5 counter spells? Because anyone who plays against blue is afraid that, every time mana is open, the player will have a counter spell. But 4 Mana Leaks and 1 Dissipate is enough, while other Instant speed cards like Thought Scour (which can even combo with Tamiyo like we all know), Think Twice (this card is amazing anywhere with Blue) and Vapor Snag are also enough to sink the leftover mana.

I didn't play test this deck a lot, but I didn't have problems with only 20 lands, and anyway, my main curve topples at 5, with Consecrated Sphinx being just a bonus because that card's insane in terms of CA.

I could have missed a lot of cards though.

A blue deck without Delver or Snapcaster? OMG! But I probably could run 1 or 2 Snapcasters, thoughts?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:57 pm