Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Because unsure if we can't [Yu-gi-oh]

Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 9

Because unsure if we can't [Yu-gi-oh] Empty Because unsure if we can't [Yu-gi-oh]

Post by Kyng Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:27 am

Because unsure if we can't [Yu-gi-oh] Um9eN

Type: Monster
    Type I: Effect
    Monster Type: Xyz
    Type II: Dragon
    Attribute: Fire
    Attack: X000
    Defence: 0
    Card text
    2 or more Level 4 Monsters
    This card gains ATK equal to the number of Xyz Materials attached to this card x 1000. When an effect requires you to detach Xyz Materials from Xyz monsters you control; You can detach Xyz Materials from this card instead.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Because unsure if we can't [Yu-gi-oh] Empty Re: Because unsure if we can't [Yu-gi-oh]

Post by Rodrigo Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Other TCG created cards are fine, don't worry :3

This completely destroys Freezerdon and laughs at it's corpse. Gets weaker as you use the effs so it's balanced.

I like it.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Because unsure if we can't [Yu-gi-oh] Empty Re: Because unsure if we can't [Yu-gi-oh]

Post by Kyng Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Wasn't even thinking about Freezerdon when I made this guy! xD

tbf I wasn't thinking at all when I made him...
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 pm

ATK should be ? not X000.

It's nice card design, and well made, but... frankly it serves no actual use. There's no actual reward from going into this, and the odds of getting this out instead of just another copy of the monster you're emulating with it is incredibly unlikely, especially with its lackluster stats.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Kyng Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Asura Kaiser wrote:ATK should be ? not X000.

It's nice card design, and well made, but... frankly it serves no actual use. There's no actual reward from going into this, and the odds of getting this out instead of just another copy of the monster you're emulating with it is incredibly unlikely, especially with its lackluster stats.
    Wha-D'ah...I like the X, but I guess you're right.

In response to the emulating remark, I hardly see anyone run more than one copy of an Xyz monster, unless it's their Deck's Ace, to which reasons this works quite well considering how emulation isn't very likely nowadays.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Kyng wrote:In response to the emulating remark, I hardly see anyone run more than one copy of an Xyz monster, unless it's their Deck's Ace, to which reasons this works quite well considering how emulation isn't very likely nowadays.

But then, why would you run this card if you have the space, instead of running another copy of the emulated card?

This is the problem :3
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Kyng Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Good point Rod, however I think the fact it's ATK can escalate to great heights answers that one; the ridiculous number of Lv4 swarming would make this thing a threat.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:24 pm

I wouldn't really want to minus myself so badly for what's essentially a Vanilla beat-stick.

And you seem to be mistaken, rank 4 swarm is far from common.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Kyng Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 pm

I think you misread my post: Lv4 swarming, not Rank 4s.

I do see your logic though, a self-reducing beatstick isn't worth, say, 3-4 monsters.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:32 pm

I meant level 4 swarm isn't common. More often than not the most a player will control is 2. From which point they won't keep them until their next turn because making an Xyz is a smarter move almost every time.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Kyng Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Quite true; that's another critique to this guy as well; let's say Utopia, negates attacks and 2500. In contrast, this is 2000 and serves as Utopia's friend, really.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:38 pm

I'd rather make a second Utopia though.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Kyng Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:40 pm

That's my point, really. I'm saying "Why would people trouble with making Solar Flash when Utopia is stronger and has a much better usage?", which the answer is evident: they wouldn't.
    Rough Seas Banshee
    Rough Seas Banshee
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Post by Rough Seas Banshee Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm thinking that you could run this rather than a multiple of whatever because running 1 of this is almost like running a multiple of everything else in your Extra.

The attack puts me off though. 2000 right away ok, then goes to 1000 for a use.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:36 pm