Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Ashiok
Corona Ray
Jordan, Lich Lord
Ruby
Raine
Serenade
10 posters

Official Persona Discussion Thread

Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 11

Official Persona Discussion Thread Empty Official Persona Discussion Thread

Post by Serenade Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:22 am

Official Persona Discussion Thread Persona-logo

By god, do I love this game, discuss with whatever you feel like discussing about this epic game.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Location : Second star to the right and straight on til morning

Official Persona Discussion Thread Empty Re: Official Persona Discussion Thread

Post by Raine Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:29 am

If I could find one, I would play one. I've been looking for one (reasonable priced) for monthes now. Though, I have to ask, if I had a choice of which one to start from which should it be? Do they have successive plots? Do I start with 1?
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:34 am

All the plots seem to play along with each other however it's not a essentially needed, if your into story-lines then I recommend you start from 1 as their are some references from the first game in the later three.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:47 am

You can start with 1 or 3. Just be sure to go to the next number after which ever you play, then play the other two later.

1-2 are connected.
    3-4 are connected.

I wanna ask, has anyone really gotten a good look at 5? I've only seen the OST up on Youtube.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 am

I've haven't got around to it, I've been wanting to but I'm a little low on cash atm, I've heard it's really good.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 am

Ive been watching a persona 3 lets play and it looks fun, nowi just need to find it and buy it Sad thats never fun when it's JRPG there crazy to find here.
    Corona Ray
    Corona Ray

Rep : 0

Post by Corona Ray Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:05 am

Oh, god yes. I love this series with a passion. I started with 3, then backtracked to 2, borrowed 1 from a friend, and now await 4: the Golden for the Vita.

@Queen: I don't think there's any info on 5 out there tbh. There's only articles that state that Atlus announced that P5 is being made, but nothing further than that. Nothing that's official as far as I know, anyway.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:34 am

Well either way I can't wait for P5, I'll put some shades on and stand and wait for P5.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:26 am

After watching persona 3 videos i have the strangests feeling tot start walking with my hands in my pockets at all times.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 pm

It's cool to do it you know *puts on shades* seriously all anime characters usually have their hands in their pockets.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:41 pm

The Persona series looks really good, so I really should start it at some point. Especially since it looks better than all the DS Megami Tensei games I've played and that says a lot.

Is it really worth starting from the beginning or just picking up whatever's newest?
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:44 pm

As stated it depends if you care much about storylines and lore, if you don't you might as well pick up the latest one.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:47 pm

More of a question of: Is the game quality any different? Really. If the later releases are significantly better with the first then I'll just pick up whatever's the latest, if not then I'll start from the beginning.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Obviously as the games have gone on they Battle systems are slightly more revamped each time so it's really up to you if you want to start on a later game.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Sat May 26, 2012 10:54 am

dat edit.

Last edited by Shard LV.X on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Shard wrote:I love P3. I'm 15 hours into it, just beat the Chariot/Justice boss. Probably like another 15 hours left? Considering unless these months get longer there's only 5 left, right?

You have shittons longer left in it.
    Persona 3 isn't that short.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Sat May 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Nemesis, Planeswalker wrote:
    Shard wrote:I love P3. I'm 15 hours into it, just beat the Chariot/Justice boss. Probably like another 15 hours left? Considering unless these months get longer there's only 5 left, right?

You have shittons longer left in it.
    Persona 3 isn't that short.

Hooray. Also the Natural Dancer is making me mad Sad
    Grinding to level 34 for that wind resisting persona...

EDIT: nulls wind, rather.
    EDIT2: I'm bringing just the Protaganist and Mitsuru for level grinding, simply for All-Out attacks and that Mitsuru has the Lv.2 Heal spell, so yea... Is there any other more efficient way? I've tried the protaganist only, but I keep dying. How hard can it be to level up from 29 to 34? <_< This is really why I wish the Personas didn't require a Player Level to use. It'd work better if it was based on S.Links but that's just my opinion.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:55 am

I got Persona 3 and 4 for Christmas a while ago. Been playing them off and on.

On Persona 3 I'm having a little trouble with the Hierophant boss, I beat him once and then just got demolished by the Lovers.

On Persona 4 I'm spending my time LV'ing up before facing
    Spoiler:
    anyway know what his boss is like?
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 am

Spoiler:
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 am

Kill the buffer, got it.

Might actually do that now if my fight in Persona 3 fails again. Going into it right now.

This thing just spammed Mazionga 4 times in a row. I'm switching.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Alright so I fought him just now, and man was I not prepared.

I think I'll need to find some Persona resistant against Strikes.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:26 pm

YES! I finally got him.

Both Chie and Yosuke were down, and one more turn and the MC would be too. I got so lucky with that Smile
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 3

Post by Pack Rat Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:54 pm

So, like, finally got around to finishing Persona 3, I have 3 more guardians to go in Tartarus, but that golden scale is annoying as hell, I do little to none damage to it while it nukes my entire time with one Ma-dyne. And they're all level 60 or so Mad
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 3

Post by Pack Rat Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:15 pm

NYX AVATAR IS SO f****** CHEAP ASDFGHJKL

No, seriously. I grined my team heavily and got up to Death Arcana. And there I started doing little to none damage to it, and it already exhausted me so much (1:30 hours) that I started making careless mistakes, and it was down to less than 1/4 HP. Bah. Another attempt and I lost at Judgment Arcana because I ran out of Homunculi and Mahamaon hit me. Although I already figured out the perfect Personas and team setups for the battle, so...back to grinding I guess.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 pm

If it took you that long then it was a matter of being underleveled from the sounds of it. Yeah, the fight is long, and Moonless Gown is irritating as hell. Basically have to be super-attentive to everything during the whole fight. ... Really though, once you get past Moonless Gown, it's just the final stretch with last bit of desperate annoyances from Nyx like Night Queen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:52 pm