Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Our Game Plan

Andx The O.O.D.
    Andx The O.O.D.
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Our Game Plan Empty Our Game Plan

Post by Andx The O.O.D. Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:45 pm

So like that site called YCM that most people go to more instead of here (myself included) likes dying a lot lately. Those you who go there probably are aware. What you're probably not aware of is that I used to be a criminal mastermind known as Monocle Dog and that convoluted schemes are like my thing.

What do these two pieces of information have to do with each other? Absolutely nothing at first glance. But of course this is why I'm the master of overly complicated plots. Moving past that first glance there is an opportunity here. An opportunity for this forum to become active and lively again. (Well at least active like YCM is)

At some point or other YCM will likely let people back in. So this is where we get a team of us to go in and start casually mentioning card game coalition and how it's a more stable site than YCM. From there statuses will begin to mention it until eventually we just full on recruit. And then there you go, active forum.

That would be ideal anyway. As far as I've seen attempts at forum migrations never go super well. This place seemed like it was pretty strong at one point though.

Anyway I'm mostly just posting to entertain myself here without anything to lurk. Whether or not attempts are made to make this place any more active than it is or to take away from YCM doesn't particularly matter to me.

So feel free to discuss ideas to activate this forum (or whatever else you want to talk about really). Remember, the more convoluted and complicated the better. Trust me, it's always better. I've only ever had like two plans that wouldn't have been foiled by super heroes had I used a simpler plan.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Our Game Plan Empty Re: Our Game Plan

Post by Ruby Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:13 am

The thing is most of YCM knows CGC is far more stable a site (even if forumotion sucks compared to ipboards), but it's barely used even as a backup. No one has any interest in posting or sticking around. Thing is, I don't understand why. I've never understood why. We didn't make any errors in advertising to get people to join, but no one seems to care for posting once in the majority. I'd come up with a gameplan, but I'd want to know exactly what we're doing wrong.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:49 pm

idk why we'd want members from there anyway.

Also if you don't know what "we're doing wrong" you're talking about a yugioh forum and look at how active our yugioh section is.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:13 am

Advertisement from all over doesn't seem to be going well though, not just the people who used to have the link in their signatures at YCM.

This isn't intended to be just a Yugioh forum either. It's a board that's supposed to be for the three major TCGs.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:53 am

I think the best way to bring in members, and keep them, is to have stuff going on at all times. Games, contests, card creation and discussion and the like. We seem to do all of these things are random intervals before forgetting about them and letting them waste away because we don't get a lot of results.

Speaking of which, I need to go rejuvenate my MTG Weekly Card Creation contest.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Because CGC isn't official. It is a forumation forum, which is significantly worse than any other server out there. It is free, but it just seems like a place for friends to talk. Even if there was a Subreddit for CGC, it would appear to be the same way. With advertisement, it isn't that easy to find. No one is going to search Cardgame Coalition unless specifically looking for this site.

I even stopped appearing on this forum most of the time, though I do go on every now and then, because the userbase is lacking. MtG is the most and will always be the most active group, but everyone is so split in what they know. I am a Modern Guy, Rod is EDH, Chris is limited and Standard with most knowledge of everything else. It really isn't that helpful for people to become better in each area instead of their respected formats. Which is why subjective forums such as YCM and MtGS are so helpful for that entire cause. YGO has one rotation format and then the other one, not a lot. 

But we need to do something to increase activity. The weekly contests were a good start, but they didn't get enough support as time went on; They got boring or something. Chris and I will probably be the ones to win the Deck building contests always while Daedalus and Rai would pretty much win the Card making contests.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:56 am