Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Catapult Turtle and Dark Strike Fighter Errata'd

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Catapult Turtle and Dark Strike Fighter Errata'd Empty Catapult Turtle and Dark Strike Fighter Errata'd

Post by Ruby Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:49 pm

http://www.ygorganization.com/ocg-catapult-turtle-errata-confirmed/
    http://www.ygorganization.com/ocg-perfect-rulebook-promo/

Both are becoming once per turn effects.
    I actually wanna talk about this and doing this for a few other cards on the banlist in the future.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Catapult Turtle and Dark Strike Fighter Errata'd Empty Re: Catapult Turtle and Dark Strike Fighter Errata'd

Post by Rodrigo Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Dark Strike Fighter can be unbanned now, f*** YEA
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Catapult Turtle and Dark Strike Fighter Errata'd Empty Re: Catapult Turtle and Dark Strike Fighter Errata'd

Post by Ashiok Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 pm

So now people can't Magical Scientist O/FTK in Traditional? I still don't get why they errata'd the Turtle when (Toon) Cannon Soldier isn't.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:07 am

Catapult Turtle errata confirmed for TCG. I sort of wonder if they'll hit Cannon Soldier like this too or more due to Pendulum Summoning or just trying to balance the game in general.
    Andx The O.O.D.
    Andx The O.O.D.
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Post by Andx The O.O.D. Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 am

Messiah wrote:Catapult Turtle errata confirmed for TCG. I sort of wonder if they'll hit Cannon Soldier like this too or more due to Pendulum Summoning or just trying to balance the game in general.
    You so funny. Konami doesn't balance things.

Though I don't understand the point of changing two cards like that... unless they're coming back in the anime!!!! 
    Hence the need for a balanced effect to get them off the ban list.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 am

I still think errata's in general are kinda icky. I mean, the old print of Dark Strike Fighter can still be played at sanctioned events right? What if someone doesn't know about the errata change? Or will Konami do a Bushi and replace all the old ones with new, updated ones?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25 am

Given the sheer volume of cards which have printings where their text is just wrong, it's safe to say Konami won't. Besides, Konami is already king of stupid misunderstandings.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:39 am

Wouldn't it just be a lot simpler to just remake it, Dark Blast Fighter, or something with a more balanced effect instead of rewording, then reprinting the same card? But yeah, King of Misunderstandings.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:47 am

It would be a lot simpler. It's pretty stupid how they sometimes just change what a card does by errata-ing them. It just leads to confusion that could very easily be avoided.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Illyarcher wrote:I still think errata's in general are kinda icky. I mean, the old print of Dark Strike Fighter can still be played at sanctioned events right? What if someone doesn't know about the errata change? Or will Konami do a Bushi and replace all the old ones with new, updated ones?

iirc the old print can still be played, but it would be seen as the new errata'd effect. See, it'd be great if Konami could inform players beyond magazines or websites, but in the case of a ridiculous card like Dark Striker Fighter, that's sort of their fault. I mean, a busted card would come off the list for a reason. Sort of on them for not seeing why.

Illyarcher wrote:Wouldn't it just be a lot simpler to just remake it, Dark Blast Fighter, or something with a more balanced effect instead of rewording, then reprinting the same card? But yeah, King of Misunderstandings.

Seems like a waste of ink and art in my opinion. Plus, I'm sort of on board with fixing some card effects instead of trying to print 20 watered down versions of the same card like 3 Fishborgs.

Y'know, or Konami could just not make bad card designs.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:41 pm

I think the last option is better, Casey.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:00 pm

Messiah wrote:
    Illyarcher wrote:I still think errata's in general are kinda icky. I mean, the old print of Dark Strike Fighter can still be played at sanctioned events right? What if someone doesn't know about the errata change? Or will Konami do a Bushi and replace all the old ones with new, updated ones?

iirc the old print can still be played, but it would be seen as the new errata'd effect. See, it'd be great if Konami could inform players beyond magazines or websites, but in the case of a ridiculous card like Dark Striker Fighter, that's sort of their fault. I mean, a busted card would come off the list for a reason. Sort of on them for not seeing why.

Illyarcher wrote:Wouldn't it just be a lot simpler to just remake it, Dark Blast Fighter, or something with a more balanced effect instead of rewording, then reprinting the same card? But yeah, King of Misunderstandings.

Seems like a waste of ink and art in my opinion. Plus, I'm sort of on board with fixing some card effects instead of trying to print 20 watered down versions of the same card like 3 Fishborgs.

Or just let them print new, different takes on cards to prevent confusion. If they took DSF off the banlist people wouldn't just assume something about the card changed; that's absurd. No one thought BLS had been errata'd and for good reason, since it wouldn't make sense, and it was seen as way too overpowered even after being unbanned, so there's no logical connection to broken cards coming of the banlist and them getting errata'd.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Ashiok wrote:
    Messiah wrote:

Or just let them print new, different takes on cards to prevent confusion. If they took DSF off the banlist people wouldn't just assume something about the card changed; that's absurd. No one thought BLS had been errata'd and for good reason, since it wouldn't make sense, and it was seen as way too overpowered even after being unbanned, so there's no logical connection to broken cards coming of the banlist and them getting errata'd.

"Different takes" and just a simple nerf like a once per turn restriction are sort of two different things. I'll give you BLS(which I'm still surprised is around). I just don't think if they would see something like this which is just just blatant burning otk that didn't do anything for the game, they would assume nothing changed at all. There's some experiments Konami does with the banlists, then there's just stupid stuff.

Might be my view from it as an online player. I personally think it's silly to not look into why cards would come off the list.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Messiah wrote:
    Ashiok wrote:
    Messiah wrote:

"Different takes" and just a simple nerf like a once per turn restriction are sort of two different things.

Not they're not. They're almost exactly the same thing. It's power alteration, and by extent effect alteration that should remain consistent among each printing of a card (e.g. PSCT doesn't change what any card does; Only makes it clearer). It leads to a game that is easier to understand and doesn't end up causing confusion. You realise with DSF's new errata, if it were to be removed from the banlist there will be plenty of games where people use the old printing and win games they shouldn't because they use it multiple times per turn because neither player knows any different? That's unnecessary in multiple ways.

Might be my view from it as an online player. I personally think it's silly to not look into why cards would come off the list.

Might be my view from it as someone that plays TCGs irl. There's a lot of card reading involved. You allow cheaters and the ignorant to benefit by changing what cards do, and it's simply not a good thing.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:50 pm

"Different takes" didn't sound like "power alteration" the way you used it. I was assuming you meant entirely revamped effects, not just simple erratas. Still seems like a financial loss on Konami's end. I see that the ignorant and cheaters would run rampant though.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Why are Konami giving certain cards erratas? And not the rest? I mean, sure gives them a reason to try and sell a new set if it gives reprinted in it. I just... Ugh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:35 am