Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Luna Ori
Welche
Dae of Judgment
Rodrigo
Illyarcher
Kira
HiveNet
Jordan, Lich Lord
12 posters

~The Cardgame Coalition Multi Cultural Thread~

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

~The Cardgame Coalition Multi Cultural Thread~ Empty ~The Cardgame Coalition Multi Cultural Thread~

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:00 am

~The Cardgame colation Multi Cultural thread~

As I'm sure many of us have noticed after our time here, we have many people collectd here of many different nations and cultues. Great Britain, Brazil, Many different parts of the USA, and likely many many more.
    So I thought we should have a thread where we could post information about our country, or ask others about their country so we can get a first hand account of what life is like over there Smile The kind of foods we eat, what we all do for fun, besides our cardgames, what the schools are like,and prehaps a little bit of the political siuations our countries are in.

To get started, I'm  from a sleepy little town in Ohio. The local economy is very low so there's not a whole lot to do. The school system is lower then average then many other places around us, and the people can be a little ignorant about people outside our area, but it's a nice enough place. Living in  tristate area where I can cross into West Virginia and Kentucky in a short little drive means that getting anyhwere in those three sates is easy. I'm guessing we eat an abnormal amount of fast food compared to other countries, but my family has been trying getting out of that recently.

On a larger scale, our goverment has the whole little thing with Syria. I still dont know if we're actually going in or not. I should probalby look that up.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

~The Cardgame Coalition Multi Cultural Thread~ Empty Re: ~The Cardgame Coalition Multi Cultural Thread~

Post by HiveNet Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm from a very rural area of East Wales/West Midlands, namely Herefordshire. Which weirdly despite being in the middle of nowhere has some of the best education in the country (Like one of the top 5 colleges in the country iirc (And that's English College, not American)). Nothing ever really happens here, the nearest decent city (Worcestor) is like an hour by train (Part of which is done by Arriva Trains Wales, one of the worst travel companies in the country)

Our political climate is essentially finding most of our goverment to be overly posh, and highly idiotic. That and most of the countries obsession with Boris Johnson as one of the few loved people with power. From what I understand of it.

The actual area around me is really weird. I mean it's a rural area, so we get a fair share of farmers around. There's generally a lot of racism around the area, because it's a very White community, with people not brought up to know better. Otherwise, you get a mix of everything that I assume is kinda normal.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

~The Cardgame Coalition Multi Cultural Thread~ Empty Re: ~The Cardgame Coalition Multi Cultural Thread~

Post by Kira Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm from a small town in New Jersey. So small, even people in New Jersey have never heard of it. New Jersey is known as the Garden State, and not for any crops, but for all the goddamn trees. Every single place in the state that I have been to has at least a dozen trees in the general area... When you grow up around them for as long as I have, they get a bit annoying to see...
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Based Central Scotland reporting in for duty. Like seriously, even for Scotland, this place is like in the middle of nowhere. We have one of the best schools in the country here etc etc, but because it's like, unknown to everyone, there are little to no shops. Gotta love that glorious Scottish weather! (If you're British, I'm sure you'll get my joke there~) And politics-wise it's pretty much Conservative everywhere.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:47 am

Well, The US government is back together, have to wait until Feb to see if it lasts...

The temperature has been dropping more and more each week. Seems winter is finally here.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:55 pm

I don't even know what season it is. Is it Autumn? Or is it Winter? I'm seriously confused....
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:19 pm

It's "Supposed" to be Autumn, but it feels a lot more like Winter.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Here it's definitely Summer, even though we're actually in Spring :3
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:42 pm

I've never really got how other countries seasonal times work...
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:11 am

It really based on the angle of the planet. The Upper Hemisphere(above the equator) is usually the next two seasons from the lower hemisphere(below the equator) Since South America is in spring, we're in Autumn. That is how is works for North America - South America, I am not sure Britian(Europe and the works) to China and India(Asia and the works).

I live on the outskirts of New York City, closer to the border of Connecticut. I am in a more suburban area that is open in a town-based way. A lot of people have heard of the school I go to across the country due to the Art and Music programs that exist. Few alumni went to have amazing career paths due to their music experience at the High School. It is a nice area, kind of secluded without many sidewalks, so we kind of keep to ourselves more than anything. I hardly even talk to most of my neighbors, but that is mostly because I find them all to be ignorant assholes and our personalities just don't coincide with each other.

I want to move more down south, closer to Florida for the atmosphere I get down there and the ability to work with many different instructors in internships for both web design and computer science. I can also get an internship at Universal through my cousin for a few summers while I aim for college and experience, plus connections in the job. It is more of a summer-time year round atmosphere that I have been aiming for and the Girl-to-Guy ratio isn't that bad. Expect me to be around a few times like the good old flirt that I am ;D. 2 Guys for every one Girl means that I can probably get my hands on a few leftovers xD.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:56 am

Me and my family want to move down south as well, we tend to hate cold weather and we don't really have any attachments to the people here.

And for some reason the South seems to get a lot more Anime Conventions then the north.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:27 am

I dunno, up north seems to be a lot cleaner in terms of like pollution and stuff.. Not to mention, we have soooo much more space up here. Like, look at London, they have just about the same population as Scotland...-

Oh.

We were talking about America. Nvm, I know nothing of America apart from freedom.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 am

I'm from Canada.  Here in the glorious north we ride polar bears to work and live in igloos.  We don't actually have time for fun because life is so harsh.  If I am not playing card games, I am out hunting or trying to add snow to the igloo to keep it insulated.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:Me and my family want to move down south as well, we tend to hate cold weather and we don't really have any attachments to the people here.

And for some reason the South seems to get a lot more Anime Conventions then the north.
    It's funny how it may have more, but the better ones are up here toward the city or closer toward Cali.

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 am

Well. It seems the big cold chill and snow of the winter is here for this year Smile 

Even a little bit down in Texas.

How's the weather in other parts of the world right now?
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Illyarcher Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 am

Scotland has just been cold and rainy. Yet no snow which is really annoying. We had a beautiful hurricane which was annoying so I slept throw it. It's really weird not having snow yet tho.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:31 am

I'd give anything for some snow. As it is we're stuck with Rain. Rain. and more rain.

I hate rain. It's colder then snow ever feels.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 am

South Hemisphere is presenting some rain, but a LOT of scalding days. We keep sweating xD
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Rep : 7

Post by Luna Ori Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:42 am

Mirai wrote:South Hemisphere is presenting some rain, but a LOT of scalding days. We keep sweating xD
    Isn't that to be expected?

Temperate weather here in Virginia.  And when I say temperate, I mean meh.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

Post by Armz Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:54 am

Demon Chick wrote:Temperate weather here in Virginia-
    Oh, hey, we can visit eachother.

Fun-Fact: Armz is from the center of the earth Maryland.
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Slender Thar Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:35 am

Wilmington, North Carolina. Weather depends on the season: Hot and humid in the summer, cold and murky in the winters (no snow, might I add.) The hottest its been is in the 110s, but that was only just after we moved here. There was that, an earthquake in Virginia which we felt, a waterhole on the beach, and an f2 tornado (or at least it could've been if it touched down.)

Besides that clusterf*ck, all that's really been going on that's worth mentioning is the gang wars going on downtown, which is about a 10-15 minute drive from where I live. Classic Bloods vs. Crips. Kinda wanna write a screenplay about it, but I'm not really one for finishing writing stuff.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:37 am

Sounds eventfull Shocked 

The worst thing we ever get here is flooding, and Drug Heads. Our police just found a record breaking collection of  Meth.
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Post by Garazza Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:43 am

Eh, since everyone else is talking.

Paw Paw, Illinois; cold as sh*t, and not a lick of snow.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

Post by Armz Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:44 am

Slender Thar wrote: Kinda wanna write a screenplay about it, but I'm not really one for finishing writing stuff.
    Once upon a time, the Bloods met the Crips.
    ~The Cardgame Coalition Multi Cultural Thread~ Ade
    The end.

*shot several times*
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:45 am

So, since Magic culture is still culture Smile

What's the local Card shops like in your areas?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:53 pm