Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[Granblue] King of Pirates - Remastered

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

[Granblue] King of Pirates - Remastered Empty [Granblue] King of Pirates - Remastered

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:50 pm

"Enough! I grow tired of this spooky 'OoOoO' business! I am a pirate, blast it! Pirates do not moan! I am a cold-blooded villian who robs innocents of life and loot, not a crying ghost!"

Grade 0: 17

1 Skeleton Assault Troops Captain
    4 Demonic Cannonball
    4 Knight Spirit
    4 Rough Seas Banshee
    4 Rick the Ghostie

Grade 1: 14

4 Banshee of Sea Walk
    4 Gust Jinn
    2 Dandy Guy, Romario
    2 Deadly Nightmare
    2 King Seahorse

Grade 2: 11

4 Commodore Blueblood
    4 Ruin Shade
    3 Corrosion Dragon, Corrupt Dragon

Grade 3: 8

4 Lord of the Seven Seas, Nightmist
    4 Necromancer of the Ice Prison, Cocytus

Last edited by Hope on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

[Granblue] King of Pirates - Remastered Empty Re: [Granblue] King of Pirates - Remastered

Post by Touya Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Good call on Rick. Doctor Rouge is too cute for a real pirate deck.

I would actually recommend running Deadly Nightmare in this deck. In my experience it's more flexible than Spirit and is a good way to get See Walk back into the drop zone/into it in the first place if you draw her, because they're going to be occupying similar field positions. One of the problems that I see with this deck is that it appears very break ride dependent; if you don't get Nightmist as your T3 ride, you're stuck playing normal Cocytus, which was really good when BT06 first game out but hasn't aged very well. Which is probably why Assault Troops is in there, but without Nightkid all your ways of getting cards into the drop zone right now are random mills, and having that opportunity to look at 10 and throw Sea Walk down, being able to lead into that abusing the Deadly cards with your other Banshee to recycle Sea Walk for hand refreshment, is just a very good option compared to Captain's sometimes-on sometimes-off skill.

Dealing with the possibility of missing the break ride, maybe you could run 3-3-2 on Cocytus-Nightmist-Crossrytus? That could give you another long-term option in case you miss Nightmist without completely overtaking the focus of the build.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

[Granblue] King of Pirates - Remastered Empty Re: [Granblue] King of Pirates - Remastered

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:22 pm

^This.

Although, if you're going to put in Nightmare, I'd drop Spirit and choose a rearguard that supports the mechanic better, which seems to be Greed Shade, based on what I was testing.

And with both of those, you might have to roll 8/4/4 crit/draw/heal instead of 12 crit. It's mostly because when you put in the crossride and make the change to Nightmare, your lategame needs to sift into a safer control matchup where you can maintain guard options in hand and push with Greed Shade + a unit while getting draws and recovery via Nightmare and the Banshees (both Rough Seas and Sea Walk).

It's what helps you save yourself from completely flailing without Nightmist, since in most scenarios without Crossytus, the break ride activation is do or die.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Touya wrote:Good call on Rick. Doctor Rouge is too cute for a real pirate deck.

I would actually recommend running Deadly Nightmare in this deck. In my experience it's more flexible than Spirit and is a good way to get See Walk back into the drop zone/into it in the first place if you draw her, because they're going to be occupying similar field positions. One of the problems that I see with this deck is that it appears very break ride dependent; if you don't get Nightmist as your T3 ride, you're stuck playing normal Cocytus, which was really good when BT06 first game out but hasn't aged very well. Which is probably why Assault Troops is in there, but without Nightkid all your ways of getting cards into the drop zone right now are random mills, and having that opportunity to look at 10 and throw Sea Walk down, being able to lead into that abusing the Deadly cards with your other Banshee to recycle Sea Walk for hand refreshment, is just a very good option compared to Captain's sometimes-on sometimes-off skill.

Dealing with the possibility of missing the break ride, maybe you could run 3-3-2 on Cocytus-Nightmist-Crossrytus? That could give you another long-term option in case you miss Nightmist without completely overtaking the focus of the build.
    Ricky <3

I was thinking about Nightmare myself for the same reasons. I just don't know how to cram it in though. With Deadly Spirit, Cocytus and Nightmist's choices of simply grabbing boosters makes my job easier so I'll still have intercepts and reliable front row attacks in the long run, that's the only reason why I've put it in. That and for the same reasons as Nightmare aside from similar positioning. Not getting Nightmist isn't necessarily a bad thing though. As usual, the 10k defense vanguard argument holds true, but all that matters is getting revives off in the first place with Cocytus. As long as I can pick up something, I can have a steady hold on advantage by turning my guards into immediate rearguards. I can intercept, null with Jinn, throw down guards, retire for Spirit/possible Nightmare, bet on Heal Triggers, and use Seahorse to get units in the Drop Zone beyond milling. Which is what I meant by keeping up advantage by turning everything into an immediate rearguard. I know Nightkid would be leagues better than the Shizuka clone(especially considering my luck with them), but this deck's best(not necessarily only) super play is having Grade 3s, so I would prefer picking up from my Aichi Syndrome over dropping Banshee with Nightkid and waiting for the necessary bosses to show up.

I absolutely detest Cocytus R and that would ruin the whole point of the Grade 3 combos and this deck. That's more wasteful milling for me when I already have plenty of ways to do it and better ways of set up. It does make for more Banshee plays though, I guess. So I would play one or two, but I wouldn't neg a Nightmist for it. Which is going to 4-3-1 or my original 4-2-2. ... Though I really would like not to run it at all.

So I'll most likely be trying to find space for Nightmare instead. Suggestions on what to drop would be appreciated. Could be Romario or Evil Shade... or Seahorse as much as I would want to avoid. I'll likely try Nightkid more too.

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:^This.

Although, if you're going to put in Nightmare, I'd drop Spirit and choose a rearguard that supports the mechanic better, which seems to be Greed Shade, based on what I was testing.

And with both of those, you might have to roll 8/4/4 crit/draw/heal instead of 12 crit. It's mostly because when you put in the crossride and make the change to Nightmare, your lategame needs to sift into a safer control matchup where you can maintain guard options in hand and push with Greed Shade + a unit while getting draws and recovery via Nightmare and the Banshees (both Rough Seas and Sea Walk).

It's what helps you save yourself from completely flailing without Nightmist, since in most scenarios without Crossytus, the break ride activation is do or die.
    I tried Greed Shade and it's actually terrible. He's only good if the opponent is throwing their hand down like mad(like Link Joker players for example) or something of the like, or if you combo off Banshees. Most of the other Grade 2s are useless, and Deadly Spirit can drop the necessary rearguards in the Drop Zone for an attacker/interceptor.

Granblue is better off with 12 Criticals so they can safely keep up with everything. Draw Triggers do nothing for this deck as both Banshees are more or less reliable enough, and you won't have much to worry about if at all if you're pumping Criticals like mad, which makes up for Cocytus' 10 by smashing them down very very quickly.

As I've stated above, I don't like Crossytus and don't plan on relying on him when my current Grade 3s already do everything I need. You only need 2 Sea Walk Banshees in the Drop Zone to get over your opponent, you don't necessarily need to constant revive with Crossytus. The 13k body's nice, but the constant soulblasting would throw that off fast anyway.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 pm

-3 Deadly Spirit
    -2 Evil Shade

+3 Corrosion Dragon
    +2 Deadly Nightmare

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:19 am