Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Harpies + Thoughts

Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Harpies + Thoughts Empty Harpies + Thoughts

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:17 am

Monsters: 14:
    The core of the deck is, obviously, the 9 "Harpie Lady" monsters. Channeler is the main combo starter, whereas Cyber Harpie Lady is muscle (I just prefer consistent 1800 to a 300 field boost), and Queen is muscle that can search the field if I need her to.

Cardcar is REALLY beneficial to the deck, because you don't need to explode off the bat. You tend to have cards you can set, so you won't be getting too many cards in hand, and you'll be setting up for turns to come. Basically, same as a lot of other places.

Pet Dragon is at 1 because it's an insanely dead draw unless you have a channeler, too, and there are no better Harpies to ensure Hysteric Sign is as live as possible, which will be covered later.

Zephyros is a tech that has actually gone miles for the deck. He bounces Hunting Grounds if you don't want to pop your own stuff, bounces Sign for reuse (Only second effect is once per turn, so have fun using Egotist for free), same for Hysteric Party, and, should you want to run it, Symbol of Heritage.

Spells: 16:
    Staples are a given, so I won't address them, except for the fact that Avarice makes Egotist even more live.

Hunting Grounds is amazing. It's a multiple MST that makes many -1 plays become +0 or better, depending on how you handle the play. It's also useful for popping Hysteric Sign, as it doesn't use up any card advantage to do so. Be careful when using it, seeing as it IS mandatory. Just make sure not to hurt yourself, and off you go.

Hysteric Sign is the most amazing card in the deck. It's easy to pop, given the searchable MST field, searches your Cyber Harpies from the deck, and stacks your hand with 3 cards to explode with/set up Hysteric Party. Drawing this card and a Harpie pretty much sets you up for the whole game, more often than not. The fact that only its "Harpie"-searching effect is OPT also makes Zephyros plays amazing.

Swallow's Nest is a tech. It works well with Zephyros or with Channeler, turning the former into a Channeler, and performing the job of a pseudo-Foolish Burial with the latter, that can also search Zephyros for future plays. However, I wouldnt run more than 1, because 2 clogged when I tried it. It's basically a more practical Foolish Burial for the deck, that can easily be augmented with Huntign Grounds.

Traps: 10:
    Hysteric Party is the only thign really worth addressing here, and even that's obvious. It's a pseudo-Rekindling that spells GG the moment you use it, more often than not. Has all sorts of abuse with Lightnign Plover, Mirage Dragon, and Shock Master, not to mention the other monsters in the deck.

Extra: 15:
    The extra deck is pretty self explanatory, so I'll just mention that 2 Harpie's Pet Mirage Dragon is a Watthopper Lock that 2TKs, Shock Master is a win condition, and Lightning Plover is brokezorz. Also, unless I have a reason to totally remove Pet Dragon, I'll be fitting a Phantom Beast Plane Drago-SAC/sack in here, too.

So, comments, concerns, ideas, etc?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Harpies + Thoughts Empty Re: Harpies + Thoughts

Post by Rodrigo Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:24 am

Well, I've roughly followed this deck's development and got pretty interested in it. Not only because it is powerful and can fight up there with the big boys of the format, but because Konami made Harpies a good deck.

It's hard, but finding space for a Book of Moon would seem pretty cool here. It isn't utmost necessary though.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

Post by Armz Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:18 am

Plover, IMO, you could run in 3s.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm