Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[Royal Paladin] Some kind of Exculpate theory, I guess?

Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

[Royal Paladin] Some kind of Exculpate theory, I guess? Empty [Royal Paladin] Some kind of Exculpate theory, I guess?

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:57 am

Grade 0 [17]:
    1x Wingal Brave (FVG)
    4x Alabaster Owl (Critical)
    4x Margal (Draw)
    4x Quiet Sage, Sharon (Stand)
    4x Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine (Heal)

Grade 1 [15]:
    4x Little Sage, Marron
    4x Flash Shield, Iseult
    4x Dream Painter
    3x Borgal

Grade 2 [11]:
    4x Blaster Blade
    4x Knight of Loyalty, Bedivere
    3x Knight of Silence, Gallatin

Grade 3 [7]:
    4x White Dragon Knight, Pendragon
    3x Exculpate the Blaster

Going to go ahead and say that this build is pretty bad, and that I'm probably going to turn it into MLB.dek with an Exculpate finisher.

That being said, I ran with a soul-heavy concept, and it worked out fairly well. In fact, Pendragon's a great way to roll into Exculpate if you want an interesting, bursty finish. And even then, it's a 10k that swings for 15k on its own when you initially ride it, so you've got some time to get to your power-swings.

Exculpate's as fragile as we said he'd be, though, so I mean...a board wipe results in your getting destroyed if you have nothing to keep yourself from losing while sitting on Blaster Blade for the next turn at least. That's why I'm considering converting this into MLB with a back-up plan, since in that scenario, I still end up having a Blaster in-soul to resolve after the soul kick.

On that note, discuss. I know this build's bad, I was just running some thoughts I was having.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

[Royal Paladin] Some kind of Exculpate theory, I guess? Empty Re: [Royal Paladin] Some kind of Exculpate theory, I guess?

Post by Ruby Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 am

A problem I see is that Bedivere might not be all that stable here. Plus, you'll want room for Palamedes because on a Exculpate turn, after a massive field wipe, Palamedes can hurt real bad.

Run Toypugal too. If you're blowing through your soul with Excu, Borgal won't be that stable for the most part. ... I mean you have the idea of getting a lot of soul here, but it's going to be a massive pain in the a** to gear it all back up.

Aaaaand you can probably run Blaster Blade Spirit for giggles, a Brave target, 10k vanguard, Blaster unit for Bedivere in the case of not getting Blade himself.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:00 pm