Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

COMMUNITY SET - Meta Repair Kit [13/??]

-Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

COMMUNITY SET - Meta Repair Kit [13/??] Empty COMMUNITY SET - Meta Repair Kit [13/??]

Post by -Griffin Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:59 pm

So, for a bit of fun, I've decided to try a community set and see what we end up with. The idea for this set is that a group has agreed to play in a custom format, but only with new cards, no new banlist, new rules entirely, removing old cards, ect. Our job is to make the meta as fun and skill-based as possible with a new update of cards. Hopefully we end up ~80 cards like a full pack. I'd love to start up YVD (or any working equivalent) and play this 'new format' we create to see if it really is better when we're done! =)

General notes:

* A card doesn't have to be super-meta-fixing to be in the set. Other things can go in too, especially if they make the format more fun.

* No 'discard to destroy all Inzecktor' cards or the like. Those don't make the game more fun, they just make it more rock-paper-scissors depending on if you have the card or not.

The Set:

Be sure to comment on each other's cards to help improve the set! Set assumes Sept. Banlist if that affects anything.

Last edited by -Griffin on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    -Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

COMMUNITY SET - Meta Repair Kit [13/??] Empty Re: COMMUNITY SET - Meta Repair Kit [13/??]

Post by -Griffin Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:32 pm

+6 cards.

They're all part of an archtype, but all are able to be generic. I like their designs, on the whole.

They all activate from the Graveyard, which gives a player a lot of options without giving them too much fodder on the hand/field to OTK with and jank.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

COMMUNITY SET - Meta Repair Kit [13/??] Empty Re: COMMUNITY SET - Meta Repair Kit [13/??]

Post by Armz Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Lets see if I got this right....

Dragon Knight - Echo -LIGHT-
    Lvl3
    [Dragon/Effect]
    Once per turn: You Target 1 face-up Dragon-Type monster on the field; Banish the Target and Draw 1 card. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activated this effect. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle, Target 1 of your Banished "Dragon Knight - Echo" monsters; Add the Target to your Hand.
    1600ATK / 1200DEF

Lightray Swordsman -LIGHT-
    Lvl6
    [Warrior/Effect]
    You can Banish 1 LIGHT monster in your Hand: Special Summon this card(from your Hand). This card cannot attack during the turn it is Summoned, unless you have 3 or more LIGHT monsters with different names in your Graveyard. Before damage calculation, when this card attacks a Defense Position monster, you can Banish 1 LIGHT monster in your Graveayrd: Return that monster into the top of it's owner's Deck. If this card is removed from the field, Banish it.
    2300ATK / 1700DEF

Last edited by Armz on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    -Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by -Griffin Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Armz wrote:Lets see if I got this right....

Dragon Knight - Echo -LIGHT-
    Lvl3
    [Dragon/Effect]
    Once per turn: You Target 1 face-up Dragon-Type monster on the field; Banish the Target and Draw 2 cards. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activated this effect. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle, Target 1 of your Banished "Dragon Knight - Echo" monsters; Add the Target to your Hand.
    1600ATK / 1200DEF

This thing is a +1 every time you Summon it. I know RFG-Summoning isn't the most abundant, but it's like a CarCar D without all the drawbacks... and a usable ATK... and an extra effect if it's destroyed. Wat?

Lightray Swordsman -LIGHT-
    Lvl6
    [Warrior/Effect]
    You can Banish 1 LIGHT monster in your Hand: Special Summon this card(from your Hand). This card cannot attack during the turn it is Summoned, unless you have 3 or more LIGHT monsters with different names in your Graveyard. Before damage calculation, when this card attacks a Defense Position monster, you can Banish 1 LIGHT monster in your Graveayrd: Return that monster into the top of it's owner's Deck. If this card is removed from the field, Banish it.
    2300ATK / 1700DEF

I don't like putting things on top of your opponent's Deck (unless you give them a choice of cards to put there). It kinda stops them making any cool plays, because they're stuck with cards they've already seen. Makes duels kinda drag on, IMO.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Armz Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Alright, I might have gone overboard with Knight, but I also tried to restrict it's ability to be searchable. Seriously, there are little to no cards that can search it, compared to CardCar, which has quite a lot. So I figured if I made it have weird stats(level 3 and more then 1500ATK), it would prove to be inconsistent, despite having a +1 effect, provided, you used it on itself.
    Though I did tone down the effect just now.

Swordsman is more for concept, really. Then again, Deck-locking is rare.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Isn't the best thing to do first is to remove old cards first so you can decide what new cards take priority?

Eradication Strike
    [Quick-Play Spell Card]
    Banish 1 DARK and WIND monster from your Graveyard: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; banish that target, then its controller banishes all cards with that monster's name from his/her hand, Deck and Graveyard.

Subconscious Ninja support.
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Rep : 7

Post by Luna Ori Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Tranquil Zone
    [ Spell ]
    Pay 2000 Life Points. You cannot attack this turn. Activate any of the following effects based on the Attribute of the monster(s) you control:

-DARK: Banish all LIGHT monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -LIGHT: Banish all DARK monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -EARTH: Banish all WIND monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -WIND: Banish all EARTH monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -WATER: Banish all FIRE monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -FIRE: Banish all WATER monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by -Griffin Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Armz wrote:Alright, I might have gone overboard with Knight, but I also tried to restrict it's ability to be searchable. Seriously, there are little to no cards that can search it, compared to CardCar, which has quite a lot. So I figured if I made it have weird stats(level 3 and more then 1500ATK), it would prove to be inconsistent, despite having a +1 effect, provided, you used it on itself.
    Though I did tone down the effect just now.

Swordsman is more for concept, really. Then again, Deck-locking is rare.

New Knight looks cool, will add.

.Rai wrote:Isn't the best thing to do first is to remove old cards first so you can decide what new cards take priority?

Eradication Strike
    [Quick-Play Spell Card]
    Banish 1 DARK and WIND monster from your Graveyard: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; banish that target, then its controller banishes all cards with that monster's name from his/her hand, Deck and Graveyard.

Subconscious Ninja support.

Agreed that removing the bad is optimal, but this is assuming we can't do that.

I like supporting funky Dark Simorgh Decks, but banishing all copies of a certain card is just too likely to shut a Deck down, especially when it's already a chainable 1-4-1. Maybe have it send all to Grave or return all to the Deck, those both give enough ability to recover in an average Deck.

Cirno wrote:Tranquil Zone
    [ Spell ]
    Pay 2000 Life Points. You cannot attack this turn. Activate any of the following effects based on the Attribute of the monster(s) you control:

-DARK: Banish all LIGHT monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -LIGHT: Banish all DARK monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -EARTH: Banish all WIND monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -WIND: Banish all EARTH monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -WATER: Banish all FIRE monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.
    -FIRE: Banish all WATER monsters on your opponent's side of the field and in their Graveyard.

I'm never a fan of banishing your opponent's cards, since the Graveyard is the cool place where you store resources for a possible comeback. It's probably balanced as side-tech, but I've never been much of a fan for side-Deck-centric cards.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Armz Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Likely, these will be my last attempted additions:

Magical Gizmo LV6 -DARK-
    Lvl6
    [Machine/Effect]
    You can Discard 1 Spell card and reveal this card in your hand to your Opponent: during this turn, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributes. During either player's turn, if the Opponent activates the effect of a Spell or Trap card, you can Pay 1000 Life Points: Negate it's activation, and if you do, destroy it. This effect can only be activated once, for as long as this card remains face-up on the field. During the End Phase of a turn in which this card Negated the effect of a Spell or Trap card, you can send this card to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Magical Gizmo LV8" from your Hand or Deck.
    2100ATK / 1900DEF

Magical Gizmo LV8 -DARK-
    LVl8
    [Machine/Effect]
    Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Magical Gizmo LV6" and cannot be Summoned by other ways. If the Opponent activates the effect of a Spell or Trap card: Pay 1000 Life Points; Negate it's activation, and if you do, destroy it. If this card destroys an Opponent's monster as a result of battle, Gain 1000 Life Points. If this card is destroyed by your Opponent's card(either by battle or card effect): Inflict 1000 damage to both players.
    2700ATK / 2500DEF

Mysterious Shadow-Bird -EARTH-
    Lvl4
    [Winged-Beast/Effect]
    This Attack position card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. If this card battles an Opponent's monster, and you take battle damage: Special Summon up to 2 "Mystery Shadow-Bird"s from your Deck in attack-position. If this card battles an Opponent's monster, change control of this card to your Opponent at the end of the Damage Step.
    500ATK / 1200DEF
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Post by .Rai Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:24 pm

With Eradication Strike, the main problem you address is that it completely ruins strategies sometimes. That's probably because it banishes from the Deck. It gives you advantage and, yet, also prevents them from gaining advantage. Got two versions:

V1

Eradication Strike
    [Quick-Play Spell Card]

Banish 1 DARK and WIND monster from your Graveyard: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; banish that target, then its controller banishes all cards with that monster's name from his/her hand, field or Graveyard.

i.e. replacing Deck with field.

I feel that it's a little nicer. Keeps combo decks in check, punishes overextension yet it's best used in your early game (which is hard to do because of the banishing conditions, which is good because people can have an actual early game without being screwed).

V2

Eradication Strike
    [Quick-Play Spell Card]

Banish 1 DARK and WIND monster from your Graveyard: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; banish that target, then its controller returns all cards with that monster's name from his/her hand, field or Graveyard to their owners' Decks.

Obviously, this one's a little nicer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:15 pm