Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

To Rule Catadier [Not started/Currently Accepting/Original Setting]

-Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

To Rule Catadier [Not started/Currently Accepting/Original Setting] Empty To Rule Catadier [Not started/Currently Accepting/Original Setting]

Post by -Griffin Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:40 am

Posts are allowed to contain any level of violence or imply sexual events, but my not contain explicit content themselves. Judge the appropriate age range for this content in your country and do not apply if you are too young.

Posting rules:
    A post should be long enough to explain clearly and with any worthwhile details, what has happened up to the point another player's character can reasonably be thought to want to interrupt. No shorter or longer. 4 line minimum does not apply.

If I feel you're breaking this guideline with excessively short/pointlessly long posts, I will inform you via PM, but I'll try not to being unreasonable with this.

Posts should have a reasonable level of spelling/grammar.

The World
    The RP is set in the world of Catadier. Catadier is a planet of similar size to Earth, with similar but slightly more extreme climates. Catadier is a low-fantasy world (magic exists, but is uncommon enough to be thought of as myth in some places.)

On one continent of Catadier, Janion, the greatest force by far was the Turtyne Empire. Was. A week before our story starts, the previous ruler, Aeitus Turma, died an ignoble death chocking on his food. His heir was clear - his son Gregorik was the next in line to the throne, but the empire is massive, and the Turma's seat was deep in the fertile hills of the north. In the south of the empire, no one cheered for Gregorik. Gregorik has won no battles and garnered no glory. They cheered for Ve Onde. Onde was a knight, well respected by people in all of Janion. It's said you could stand atop, Brownrock, highest mountain in the kingdom, and every town you could see, right to the horizon in every direction, had been conquered by Ve Onde.

With no new emperor crowned, and unrest in the south at being ruled by a man they do not know, there is heavy tension in Janion. And there is no question that the rest of the world can tell. Sarapha to the south-east is not a war-like state, but its ruler is unpredictable and they are capable fighters when it comes to it. Huskth to the north is almost bound to make a move if Janion looks weak, if its tribes and kingdoms can stop warring between themselves for long enough.

While the world looks in to Janion, Gregorik Turma looks out, a thirst for conquest in his throat. His father grew the Turtyne Empire to most of Janion. He wishes to rule Catadier.

Rules:

1) Characters will die in this. If your character dies, do not complain.
    2) If you are inactive after a warning-PM, I will control your character until you return.
    3) This story's plot will happen over the course of months and years. Sometimes I will put an OOC note in this topic and my most recent post in the IC thread stating that a time-skip will happen soon. Try and wrap up any scenes reasonably quickly, and communicate what your character will do over that period. Time skips may be interrupted for scenes with significant contribution to plot or character development.
    4) You may control another character or an NPC but if another player or I, respectively, doesn't agree with your post, everything after the point of control in your post is invalid. Control things other than your character at risk of wasting time and effort.
    5) Your character may (attempt) to travel anywhere in the world. Do not be surprised if going to a peaceful village away from other characters is very dull.
    6) At any time, you may ask for any information your character(s) might reasonably know and I will answer as best as possible. I do not intend to hide IC-known information like that, but it is difficult to explain the details of a planet in one post.
    7) Common Sense

Application:

Name:
    Also include details you feel are worthwhile. Players may have up to 3 living characters at a time. If you wish to include anything related to magic with your character, discuss it with me in a PM, magic is not handed out like cookies. Characters can be from anywhere in the world, and there will be interesting things happening practically everywhere, but I'd recommend at least 1 character in Janion if you're joining us at the start, so that players can actually interact in one place.

I'm sure I've missed something. Ask questions and suggest improvements, please.

Last edited by -Griffin on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 9

To Rule Catadier [Not started/Currently Accepting/Original Setting] Empty Re: To Rule Catadier [Not started/Currently Accepting/Original Setting]

Post by Kyng Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 am

Applications have required content. Even if concealed, these elements must be known Out of Character. In game, they can be concealed.

24 hours.
    -Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

To Rule Catadier [Not started/Currently Accepting/Original Setting] Empty Re: To Rule Catadier [Not started/Currently Accepting/Original Setting]

Post by -Griffin Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 am

May I ask why?

I reserve the right to deny any application which doesn't have a reasonable amount of content, but enforcing certain criteria for the hell of it doesn't seem to contribute anything to the section.
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 9

Post by Kyng Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 am

Why do you have a name, sex, appearance, and personality? Apply that to a character, and there's your answer.
    -Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by -Griffin Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Application updated. Still accepting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:12 pm