Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[MtG] Elves

Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

[MtG] Elves Empty [MtG] Elves

Post by Shard Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 pm

So, I got bored and looked up some Elf cards on MtG Gatherer. And then I accidentially the game.

Field: Gaea's Cradle, Forest x3, Llanowar Elves, Nettle Sentinel, Elvish Archdruid, Preist of Titania
    Hand: , Green Suns' Zenith, Glimpse of Nature, Forest, Elvish Visionary

1) Tap a Forest, Play Glimpse of Nature
    2) Play Forest, and then Tap 2 Forests to Cast Elvish Visionary, Draw 2 cards. (and you thought pot of greed was borked...)
    3)Tap Gaea's Cradle and produce 5 Green. Tap Priest of Titania to produce 5 more green.
    4) Cast Green Suns' Zenith, where X = 7. Play Regal Force from your deck. Regal Force will now activate, drawing you a total of 5 cards.
    5) Play Heritage Druid, and preferably another one with the two floating Green Mana left. Draw 2 cards.
    6) Tap both Heritage Druids and Nettle Sentinel for 3 Green Mana.
    7) Play another Nettle Sentinel, Heritage Druid and any other 1 drop you want. Considering all the drawing you've been doing, this shouldn't be too hard. As long as you get another Heritage druid, you should be okay. You get 3 more cards out of this.
    8) Nettle Sentinel will untap.
    9)Use Heritage Druid again, tapping all 3 of your new elves for 3 Green.
    10) At this point, you're probably ready to play Coat of Arms to pump your elves to stupid amounts.
    11) Tap Elvish Archdruid, which by my math will produce 12 Green Mana.
    12) Cast Coat of arms, and give every elf +12/+12. You now have 7 Green Left.
    13) Play anything other than Coat of Arms, and Untap both Nettle Sentinels, who now have 15/15. If you couldn't tell already, only one of them can attack. For convinience sake, you played a Llanowar elves, so make that 16/16.
    14) Play some elves, draw some cards. In this case, I'm saying you played 2 Nettle Sentinels, a Elvish Visionary and another Elvish Archdruid, making the one Nettle Sentinel a 23/23 if my math is correct.
    15) Attack. If your Opponent has no Blockers, they lose. If they last until next turn, unless they have DoJ or a Wrath effect, they're screwed anyway. If your opponent is careless and doesn't see you putting the peices for this combo on board, they probably lose. Probably a good way to stop it is to use Removal on one of the Mana Pumpers to cut the combo incredibly short.

tldr: Fatties? Who needs Fatties when you have Coat of Arms pumping your entire board for stupid amounts? If there's any way other than Ezuri to give the elves trample, yea... uhh. Well...

Yea... Combo I thought up with, really fast. Probably doesn't even work. Discuss the Tribe in general.
    Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

[MtG] Elves Empty Re: [MtG] Elves

Post by Capricorn El Cid Fri May 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Hand: Elvish Spirit Guide, Forest/Land Grant, Llanowar Elves/Fyndhorn Elves, Priest of Titania, Concordant Crossroads, Qurion Ranger, Natural Order.

First Turn: ESG into Concordant Crossroads, the play the forest/look it with Land Grant and Play Llanowar Elves, Play Quirion Elves
    Second Turn: Tap the Forest and LLanowar Elf for Priest of Titania, Tap her for 3 Mana then Untap her via Quirion Ranger, Tap her for 3 Extra Mana. Cast Natural Order for 4 and Sacking Quirion Ranger -> Progenitus -> Attack and Lol

OT: Coat of Arms is such a double Edge Sword these days were tribal kinda matters...it is also slowish...
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Fri May 25, 2012 7:52 pm

-Griselbrand- wrote:
    OT: Coat of Arms is such a double Edge Sword these days were tribal kinda matters...it is also slowish...

I can't see how it matters much when you have about 300 million blockers. I guess fliers, but they gonna need a shit ton of creatures to win just in 1 turn.
    Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

Post by Capricorn El Cid Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Shard wrote:
    -Griselbrand- wrote:

I can't see how it matters much when you have about 300 million blockers. I guess fliers, but they gonna need a shit ton of creatures to win just in 1 turn.

Spirits Fly and can shit a bunch of tokens by then
    =D

Also you just tapped all your creatures to play that combo so...XD
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Fri May 25, 2012 9:52 pm

-Griselbrand- wrote:
    Shard wrote:
    -Griselbrand- wrote:

Spirits Fly and can shit a bunch of tokens by then
    =D

Also you just tapped all your creatures to play that combo so...XD

eh, none of my friends play Tokens. My meta is really silly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am