Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Gundam

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Gundam Empty Gundam

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon May 21, 2012 3:22 am

m

Gundam Gundam
    The face that launched a thousand spinoffs.
    "What the heck? That's a Mobile Suit! IT'S A GUNDAAAAAAAAM!"Gundam External_link
    Mooks throughout the franchise. It usually ends badly for them.

The franchise bearing the name Gundam can be considered the anime equivalent of Star Trek. In 1979, a planned 52-episode series got cut down to 43 due to low ratings, Mobile Suit Gundam (Kidou Senshi Gundam in Japanese) became easily one of the two most well-known and long-running series of the Humongous Mecha genre (the other most well-known being Macross) Created by Yoshiyuki Tomino, it's a veritable merchandising empire encompassing manga and video game tie-ins, plastic models and toys, (theme park ridesGundam External_link and race team sponsorshipsGundam External_link). The comparisons to Star Trek line up in the rousing success of reruns, movies and the sequel series Zeta Gundam, which solidified its status as a franchise, and where a western show would have a Trekkie, a Japanese show is likely to include a Gundam fanatic. Theme-wise, however, the franchise could be considered an antithesis of what Roddenberry's work represented; if there are strange new worlds to see, expect them to either host space-fascists or simply blow up.

Gundam effectively invented the Real Robot genre, depicting mobile suits as mass-produced machines of war similar to planes or tanks, rather than unique creations solely responsible for defending against enemies. Of course, its Super Robot roots remain in the Gundams themselves — unique mobile suits (typically Super Prototypes or Ace Custom units) piloted by the main character(s) and the focus of much of the show
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Gundam Empty Re: Gundam

Post by Ruby Mon May 21, 2012 3:33 am

Domon is effectively God.
    That is all.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon May 21, 2012 3:43 am

Eve wrote:Domon is effectively God.
    That is all.

Which one is he in? Ive never really watched any of them besides one episode of Gundam wing.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Mon May 21, 2012 3:58 am

Wi fi Master jordan wrote:
    That is all.

Which one is he in? Ive never really watched any of them besides one episode of Gundam wing.

Domon is the lead of G Gundam.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon May 21, 2012 4:03 am

Eve wrote:
    Wi fi Master jordan wrote:
    That is all.

Domon is the lead of G Gundam.

I looked up on Tv tropes and this is the first thing I saw.

Gundam Ggundam_title
    "This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWER! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! SHINING FINGER SWORRRRRDDDD!!! GO! GO! GO!!!"
    Domon, Calling His Attack in the hammiest way possible

I have a feeling i'll like this guy Smile
    Legend Zero
    Legend Zero
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Legend Zero Mon May 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Gundam Wing is my favorite for the characters and the story. Domon is awesome for summoning Burger King's mascot.

AGE is amazing simply for the fact I have yet to find more than 3 characters a hate, plus the way they pay homage to the original, Zeta, and ZZ is beautiful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:17 pm