Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Dae of Judgment
.Rai
6 posters

| Multiplayer Modern Commander Duels |

.Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

| Multiplayer Modern Commander Duels | Empty | Multiplayer Modern Commander Duels |

Post by .Rai Sun May 13, 2012 7:32 pm

| Multiplayer Modern Commander Duels | 119tgjp

So...I thought we'd have a tourney for the MtG community here. It will require you to have Cockatrice, so if you wish to participate, please download it. It works for Linux and Mac too. Use Oracle (located within the program) to download sets. The option should be in the top-left of your screen where all the random drop-down menus are.

Cockatrice Website

The number of players is not yet decided, but it'll probably be 4+ people.

We will be playing in Modern, modified for Commander, so all cards in Magic the Gathering: Commander are legal. If you are unaware of the Commander format, please consult these links: [link] and [link].

Note that you will /probably/ have to be available for a little while for this to work properly. Hopefully you have a couple of hours to spare (and you're in a convenient timezone ;_; ). If it is too inconvenient, we may have to call this off (or do it in separate timezone-grouped duels).

PM your decklists to me. Can be written simply as a list, and it does not have to include links. You can send linked ones, and you can send your decklists via mtgdeckbuilder.net. We'll start next weekend after organizing times. Since I may have an unfair advantage when it comes to knowing decklists, if there is anyone who'd like to verify decklists because they cannot or do not wish to compete, please say so so it's less biased <3

Entry Form
    Code:
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Cockatrice Username:[/b]
    [b]Timezone (preferably, but obligatorily so, in GMT terms):[/b]
    [b]Days Available:[/b]
    [b]Hours available (in your local time):[/b]

Contestants

Username: .Rai
    Cockatrice Username: Cursed Reaction
    Timezone (preferably, but obligatorily so, in GMT terms): GMT +0
    Days Available: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Possible other weekdays.
    Hours available (in your local time): 13:00 - 00:00 (stretching it a bit)

Last edited by .Rai on Sun May 13, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

| Multiplayer Modern Commander Duels | Empty Re: | Multiplayer Modern Commander Duels |

Post by Dae of Judgment Sun May 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Teach me about MMCD and I might participate, I am still learning the whole EDH version :/
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

| Multiplayer Modern Commander Duels | Empty Re: | Multiplayer Modern Commander Duels |

Post by .Rai Sun May 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Daemon, Planeswalker wrote:Teach me about MMCD and I might participate, I am still learning the whole EDH version :/

1. Make a Commander deck, but only using Modern-legal cards or cards in the Commander expansion. Not that hard since most people here are really accustomed to Modern anyway.

2. Free-for-all duel on Cockatrice.
    Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

Post by Capricorn El Cid Sun May 13, 2012 8:21 pm

it is quite literally Multiplayer Modern (format) Commander/EDH duels...Most likely a free for all battle...battle royale or whatever you might want to call it...XD
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Sun May 13, 2012 8:27 pm

I really should get cokatrice... link please?
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by .Rai Sun May 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Whatever you'd like to call it :3

Basically Multiplayer EDH, in Modern. Surprisingly more simple than it seems. And pretty much self-explanatory after you make the deck.

And, Shard, here.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 am

Is Cockatrice kind of like Cardfight Capital but for MTG?
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by .Rai Mon May 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Wi fi Master jordan wrote:Is Cockatrice kind of like Cardfight Capital but for MTG?

Basically.

I might revamp this tourney. No longer commander, but just Modern Multiplayer. So much simpler since everyone knows Modern.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Mon May 21, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm in, then. I got a deck ready. Very Happy
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:15 am

If this is still going on I just downloaded the program and will be building a modern deck soon to join.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:26 pm