Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[Modern] Affinity at GP Boston/Worcester

Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

[Modern] Affinity at GP Boston/Worcester Empty [Modern] Affinity at GP Boston/Worcester

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:30 pm

4 Arcbound Ravaged
    4 Vault Skirge
    4 Signal Pest
    4 Ornithopter
    3 Etched Champion
    3 Steel Overseer
    2 Memnite
    1 Master of Etherium
    1 Spellskite

4 Cranial Plating
    4 Mox Opal
    3 Springleaf Drum
    1 Welding Jar

3 Ensoul Artifact
    2 Galvanic Blast

4 Glimmervoid
    4 Inkmoth Nexus
    4 Blinkmoth Nexus
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    1 Island

Sideboard:
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Ancient Grudge
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Rule of Law
    1 Whipflare
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Spellskite
    1 Torpor Orb
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Spell Snare
    1 Spell Pierce

This is the deck I piloted at GP Boston/Worcester.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

[Modern] Affinity at GP Boston/Worcester Empty Re: [Modern] Affinity at GP Boston/Worcester

Post by Rodrigo Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:51 pm

What made you come back to Etched Champion instead of Master of Etherium?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

[Modern] Affinity at GP Boston/Worcester Empty Re: [Modern] Affinity at GP Boston/Worcester

Post by Ashiok Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Curious on your thoughts on Ensoul Artifact. I had a friend who would've probably played it at the PTQ yesterday but he didn't have enough time to test it out. I'd assume if it's good you'd want the full 4, but that would be in stead the Welding Jar I imagine.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Rodrigo wrote:What made you come back to Etched Champion instead of Master of Etherium?
    BGx Midrange decks were going to be in high numbers here, especially BGW and BGR. I expected both, so having Etched Champion was going to be the best card in the deck against those. I figured that I would play it since I wasn't playing Shrapnel Blast or Thoughtseize main deck either, as Master of Etherium goes better along side cards that do more in a proactive setting. Master of Etherium did win me a Jund match up, but that was because my opponent misplayed and got rid of my Steel Overseer instead of my Master of Etherium with a Terminate, otherwise Etched it a stronger card for those match ups.

Ashiok wrote:Curious on your thoughts on Ensoul Artifact. I had a friend who would've probably played it at the PTQ yesterday but he didn't have enough time to test it out. I'd assume if it's good you'd want the full 4, but that would be in stead the Welding Jar I imagine.
    If I went up to four Ensoul Artifacts, I would take out Spellskite actually. I would rather keep 16 non creature targets for Ensoul Artifact than creatures, lowing the chances to get a 2-1 out of a Path, Lightning Bolt, or other creature disruptions. I would never go to 4 Ensoul Artifacts, as I think 3 is the perfect amount. I only put in Ensoul Artifact on Friday when I was trying to buy some other cards for my sideboard. It was last minute, but an amazing addition in my opinion. It has won me more games that I would have drawn out if I didn't have the card. I only sided it out one game, because Abrupt Decay scared me a little too much at the time, but I sided it back in come game 3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:01 pm