Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rai's Tube Cube

.Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Rai's Tube Cube Empty Rai's Tube Cube

Post by .Rai Sun May 11, 2014 2:36 am

More of a theoretical cube I've been working on, but fun to make nevertheless. Might as well since Chris posted his cube.

Cube Tutor Link

It receives its namesake from the London Underground: there are about as many conscious subthemes as there are tube lines, and a similar amount of cards (if I wanted to have extra fidelity, this would be a 270-cube, rather than a 360-cube; the London Underground has 270 stations after all).

I might go through all the synergies later, but, from here, there's small dredge, token, sacrifice, lifegain, blink, enchantment, double strike, tribal and artifact interactions. So many of the synergy cards are open to two or more themes, or just great generic cards, so you're never forced into a theme.

It's also designed for utility land draft. You essentially have another pile of lands (e.g. utility lands you can't fit in your main cube). Straight after Pack 1 and Pack 2, each player can take 1 land from it for their deck. After Pack 3, each player takes 2 lands from the pile. I've yet to finalise my utility land pile.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm