Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Chris' 6 player cube

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Chris' 6 player cube Empty Chris' 6 player cube

Post by Ashiok Fri May 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Cube Tutor Link

I know it's not entirely colour balanced, but it's close enough that I don't think it's really an issue.

If anyone does want to draft it from Cube Tutor's draft section, then remember to set the number of bots to 5 and the number of cards per pack to 15, since it defaults to 7 and 11, respectively, which is awkward and not what the cube is intended for.

Any and all feedback would be great. Suggest changes, what looks too powerful/too weak, etc.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Chris' 6 player cube Empty Re: Chris' 6 player cube

Post by .Rai Sat May 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Have you tried 4 packs of 11, or 5 packs of 9? 3 packs of 15 can be a bit boring since there's a lot of wheeling. 5 packs might be a bit exhausting, so I'd prefer 4 packs of 11 (and it means you get some variance from draft to draft, as a few cards get cut each time).

I personally prefer it when cubes have close-knit synergy. Either that or powered cubes (which this, it is not).

It's pretty easy to push subthemes here. Double strike seems like something you'd love here. You already have Mirran Crusader and Prophetic Flamespeaker.

-1 Banisher Priest/Fiend Hunter
    +1 Silverblade Paladin
    -1 Troll Ascetic
    +1 Boon Satyr

Your support is already halfway there (Spear of Heliod, Qasali Pridemage, Selesnya Charm, Ghor-Clan Rampager, Wolfir Silverheart). Mess around a bit, and you've supported a synergistic GW deck and GR deck, with hilarious combat trick blowouts.

I'd also cut Sorin's Vengeance. I can't see anyone possibly drafting that (the draft stats of your cube also hint so, although I imagine that's slightly inaccurate to your playgroup). Erebos, God of the Dead is a far cooler way of supporting black control.

Lastly, aggro's pretty weak in cube. The best way to motivate the Zoo players is stick a few Champion of the Parish in there.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Sat May 10, 2014 9:31 pm

Noted all of those.

Should be able to test the cube on Friday, hopefully, if not then at a later date. Will try and trade for the cards you recommended when I can, and try them out too, since I currently don't have any of them. Cheers man.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:21 am