Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hobbies you are devout in that none of your friends are?

Icy
    Icy
    Members
    Members

Rep : 3

Hobbies you are devout in that none of your friends are? Empty Hobbies you are devout in that none of your friends are?

Post by Icy Fri May 02, 2014 6:37 pm

As it says really. Any hobbies, interests you are into with a passion or great extent that none of your "main" friends are? I know for a fact that I have quite a few, and frequently struggle with this fact.

• Space Opera
    • Hard Science Fiction
    • Inventing
    • Texas Hold'em Poker
    • Poker
    • Blackjack
    • Statistical Analysis
    • Live Action Movies
    • Avant Garde Films
    • Educational Television
    • Sensory-based Martial Arts
    • Speed Reading (650WPM+)

Among many others really. Some NSFW but I'm not sharing those.  Razz .
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Hobbies you are devout in that none of your friends are? Empty Re: Hobbies you are devout in that none of your friends are?

Post by Rodrigo Fri May 02, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't think I have a hobby that I don't share with ANY of my friends, but I do have very few friends that watch as much anime as I do.
    Icy
    Icy
    Members
    Members

Hobbies you are devout in that none of your friends are? Empty Re: Hobbies you are devout in that none of your friends are?

Post by Icy Fri May 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Lucky little monkey you are, Rodrigo.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Fri May 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Speaking of Speed Reading, there's a couple of guys at my English class who were doing this training.

The girl could read 1500 WPM. Sure, her understanding rate wasn't the best, but I was really surprised by it.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri May 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Don't have very many friends, but the one I do have is interested i almost all of my hobbies Smile

We talk of anime very frequently and I am in the midst of turning her into a Tabletop Gamer ala DD and Pathfinder Smile

Would be nice to find someone to play Go with  though Sad
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Fri May 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Pathfinder is awesome. Pretty sure none of my irl friends share my love for animu/manga/cardgames/vidya but owell. There life and If they ever got into it, that'd be neat.
    Icy
    Icy
    Members
    Members

Post by Icy Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm

I need to learn Pathfinder/D&D but second hand show and tell tells me that those groups tend to be drama laden. That one cannot understand so I currently stay away.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Sat May 03, 2014 2:57 am

I just have a bunch of different groups that I hang out with. I usually can talk to my friends about anything I do even if they have never done it, and still have a more than half decent conversation about it. There really isn't anything that my friends don't know about me or what I do, happily enough. There are plenty of things I do that I do with other friends, but the different groups I hang out with usually know that anyways and let it go.

Of course my best friends and I share almost everything we do together bar a few things that we become very devout it. I have a best friend who is into video making. I shared this, but I am not as into it as he is, and I see him going for me with it than I could ever. I have another friend who takes his engineering to a whole new world than I even have knowledge of, but that doesn't stop me from learning about it and having some knowledge that helps me learn about what he does. I usually take my dancing and computer programming to different places that those friends don't.

While, I have a diverse group of friends, it doesn't really stop me from sharing what I do with them since I don't worry about judgment from them as much. And it is always fun learning more about what they want to do even if I don't care about becoming an Einstein in those topics or ideas.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sat May 03, 2014 3:09 pm

Illyarcher wrote:Pathfinder is awesome. Pretty sure none of my irl friends share my love for animu/manga/cardgames/vidya but owell. There life and If they ever got into it, that'd be neat.
    You play? I've been looking for someone to talk about it on here Smile

Icy wrote:I need to learn Pathfinder/D&D but second hand show and tell tells me that those groups tend to be drama laden. That one cannot understand so I currently stay away.

Well, that depends on the people you play with. The rest of my  group is in the category of "See Monsters, Kill Monsters, Get Loot" no drama about it Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 am