Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

An actually good Dark Irregular boss?!

Lequier
    Lequier
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 5

An actually good Dark Irregular boss?! Empty An actually good Dark Irregular boss?!

Post by Lequier Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

1 Greedy Hand
    4 Dark Knight of Nightmareland
    4 Blitzritter
    2 Amon's Follower, Cruel Hand
    2 Hysterical Shirley
    4 Cheshire Cat of Nightmareland

4 Doreen the Thruster
    4 Dimension Creeper
    4 Yellow Bolt
    2 March Rabbit of Nightmareland

4 Gwynn the Ripper
    3 Emblem Master
    3 Fatigue Succubus
    2 Free Traveler

4 King of Masks, Dantarian
    3 Echo of Nemesis

We might all be fangasming about the multitude of different clans that have received support in Fighter's Collection 2014, but honestly this deck happens to play one of my favorites: Echo of Nemesis. This set marks the time where Dark Irregular finally got a boss that is worth the soul investment. In the past, they have not had a boss that was both cost efficient and worth the soul set-up. Reiyj was alright, but being a 10000 that required 15 Soul to close games out was pretty poor as a whole. Amon and Dark Lord were also okay, but neither carried damage and lost to perfect guards as easy as could be. Amon "R" was one of the closest Dark Irregulars players have had to a boss that could carry damage as it had a solid 13 body and carried damage with a pretty big number to it as well. It was also incredibly cost efficient for what it was. However, bricking on Soul really hurt Dark Irregulars quite a bit when they don't get their combo pieces together, which was a major reason the clan has been overshadowed.

Echo of Nemesis remedies most of the problems that Dark Irregulars have had. It gives you a boss that corrects your soul accordingly, allowing you to Soulblast your starter or even triggers for any upcoming Legion plays in order to Soulcharge 2 more. This is especially relevant when you throw a Doreen behind him, as the Greedy Hand plays allow you to give Doreen a colossal amount of power on that turn. The fact that Echo of Nemesis becomes a near unguardable entity under Limit Break is also incredibly good, as throwing a Doreen behind him allows him to become a 33000 every turn that can only be guarded through usage of Grade 0s. That will require a minimum of 3 cards worth of investment every attack, until your opponent eventually bleeds out of triggers and ends up having to take his attack. This is also the reason you must play a huge amount of crits in this deck, as you want to be literally touching your opponent and finishing them with Echo of Nemesis or at least putting them close. Hysterical Shirley earns a spot, however, as she can contribute to developing a hand while also being a SC2 trigger. That's pretty much one of the best trigger skills they've ever printed, especially with Echo of Nemesis.

Most things should be standard from here on in: 
    - Dimension Creeper: One of the best Soul set-up cards that Dark Irregulars have at the moment. Would really never play less than 4.
    - Doreen the Thruster: One of the best Grade 1s in one of the worst clans. Thankfully Nemesis makes up for a good majority of the clan's weaknesses, so maybe people will begin to realize how ridiculous the things she can do within this clan are.
    - Yellow Bolt: Same theory as Shout and Gojo. Resting them early so that you can create a soul is pretty good for making sure that you can develop enough so that Nemesis can go off asap.
    - March Rabbit of Nightmareland: I am only playing 2 Perfect Guards in this deck. The reasoning behind this is because of the fact that Dark Irregulars do not have the hand advantage to be throwing away for things such as Perfect Guards for the majority of games, but you need to play them in order to stop some really big power plays that can be done by some of the better decks like Revengers. And of course, the infamous Nouvelle Vague

-Gwynn the Ripper: Threat elimination is one of the top priorities in the meta game for me atm. You want to be maxing out on Gwynn so that you're sure to hit him when you need to get rid of an opponent's threatening Rearguard, like Dust Tail Unicorn / Judgebau Revenger / Max Beats.
    -Emblem Master: Best G2 ride. Forcing your opponent to guard what is ideally your entire soul set-up is pretty strong when it's on a 14000 middle column on turn 2.
    -Fatigue Succubus: She's actually just a 12000 attacker for Echo of Nemesis, except she's 12000 all the time when you hit 10 soul. Yay!
    -Free Traveler: Additional Dimensional Creeper set ups. Never a bad thing.

-Kings of Masks, Dantarian: The best alternative Grade 3 to be playing with Echo of Nemesis. Playing 4/3 of Dantarian/Nemesis over the other way around because Dantarian's soul development comes for free while Nemesis can be a tad situational and the Dantarian break ride turn tends to be good game for most good decks. Just wish it gave your Vanguard a crit on the turn as well for a CB or something, but beggers can't be choosers.

Thoughts/Opinions? Looking to refine this deck as it's a huge blast to play. The deck's got a pretty reasonable Omega Glendiose match-up due to their rearguard v rearguard pressure, unsure on the Dragonic Overlord match-up but I'm going to take a guess and say it's probably one of the deck's worst parts. Deities also don't seem like an especially good match when you can't dig into enough Gwynns to deal with incomings threats.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

An actually good Dark Irregular boss?! Empty Re: An actually good Dark Irregular boss?!

Post by Illyarcher Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Personally, I'd go 3 Yellow Bolt and 3 March Land just because I hate playing with less than 3 nulls since I never seem to draw into them in that case.

I would also go 3 Free Traveler and 2 Emblem Master, mainly because I'd see Traveler > Creeper > Creeper SoulBlast being a lot safer?

That's just my take on it, nice deck though.
    Lequier
    Lequier
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

An actually good Dark Irregular boss?! Empty Re: An actually good Dark Irregular boss?!

Post by Lequier Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:12 am

Illyarcher wrote:Personally, I'd go 3 Yellow Bolt and 3 March Land just because I hate playing with less than 3 nulls since I never seem to draw into them in that case.

I would also go 3 Free Traveler and 2 Emblem Master, mainly because I'd see Traveler > Creeper > Creeper SoulBlast being a lot safer?

That's just my take on it, nice deck though.

You want Emblems so they drop 0s early, making it so that Echo is a threat earlier on so the game finishes before you get too low. Didn't like Fatigue Succubus though, may end up playing G2 Amon over her. 

3 Bolt 3 March Land may also work, but I really don't like PGs in this deck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am