Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Standard] GW "Tempo"

Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

[Standard] GW "Tempo" Empty [Standard] GW "Tempo"

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:21 am

Creatures [29]:
    4x Fleecemane Lion
    4x Voice of Resurgence
    4x Experiment One
    4x Dryad Militant
    4x Witchstalker
    4x Loxodon Smiter
    3x Boon Satyr
    2x Scavenging Ooze

Instants [8]:
    4x Advent of the Wurm
    4x Selesnya Charm

Lands [23]:
    9x Forest
    6x Plains
    4x Selesnya Guildgate
    4x Temple Garden

I mean, you guys already know it's an aggro list, and it's pretty much been everywhere with a few changes in the one-drop slot as well as in terms of various other options, usually in the two-drop slot. I call it "tempo" because while it's an aggressive deck, it's an aggressive deck with interactions, and I've been playing it with a control mindset this whole time. Y'know, like the whole MBC dudes thing. But with G/W dudes instead.

A few things to talk about:

1) If there's a card I have to tip my hat to out of Theros, it's Fleecemane Lion. Talk about an extremely playable monstrous. Control has to remove it beforehand or they're usually done, although thankfully, Aetherling is a thing that blocks it very, very well.

2) Dryad Militant is a personal choice based on mana fixing and cards I own. We didn't open any Soldiers of the Pantheon, and I know that's a card a lot of people think this deck should run without a doubt. However, I feel like it doesn't fit, and I'd rather get Experiment One to evolve than sit on a mana dork that ultimately ends up doing nothing too major. I actually tested Mystics early on and felt that they were pretty damn inefficient based on what this deck needs. It isn't midrange by any means.

3) Holy balls, Advent of the mot*********g Wurm. Even with Ratchet Bomb being a card, nobody wants to see you hold this card up at the end of a boardwipe turn. Five to the face is an absolute pain, and it doesn't help that all of the combat tricks in this deck are so friggin' useful.

Oh, and I know that if we somehow finish the scryland cycle, I'm replacing those guildgates with them immediately, simply because I don't always want to draw lands. I need my gas, and they would definitely help me find it.

Rate, discuss, etc.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:31 pm