Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Theros Limited] borospls.jpeg

Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

[Theros Limited] borospls.jpeg Empty [Theros Limited] borospls.jpeg

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:45 am

Creatures (10):
    1 Purphoros, God of the Forge
    1 Akroan Hoplite
    1 Akroan Crusader
    1 Minotaur Skullcleaver
    1 Spearpoint Oread
    1 Observant Alseid
    2 Favored Hoplite
    2 Leonin Snarecaster

Enchantments (5):
    1 Spear of Heliod
    1 Ordeal of Heliod
    1 Chosen by Heliod
    2 Dragon Mantle

Artifact (1):
    1 Fleetfeather Sandals

Instants (6):
    1 Titan's Strength
    1 Battlewise Valor
    2 Coordinated Assault
    2 Divine Verdict

Sorcery (1):
    1 Rage of Purphoros

Lands (17):
    9 Mountain
    8 Plains

So yeah. Rare pulls were all constructed playable except for one. Those pulls were Ember Swallower (went red path, so that's free), Purphoros, Thassa, Daxos, Whip, Spear, and Fleecemane Lion.

Stared at blue for a while, realized I didn't have the tempo cards I wanted even with Aqueous Form in pool. Then glanced at my white pool. While my black pool was semi-comparable, I got sold on double Hoplite and double Verdict. Rage was a change I made immediately after the first round, where I ended up losing out to Stormbreath and I realized I needed an answer for something like that for pre-monstrous/other Stormbreaths in the format.

Seems like at first it was asking for trouble, considering how Magma Jet, Spark Jet, that double-black 2-damage spell which I'm too lazy to look up right now, etc., could destroy everything I played. However, if there were any of those, I never saw them. I did get Glared once (poor Hoplite, taking the blow for the team), but beyond that, removal was not something I really had to worry about, ever.

And for the record, double Coordinated Assault makes it so that Hoplite and Crusader are very nearly unbeatable in the early trades, on top of providing even more stupid bonuses.

Record: 1-1-1 (drew with the last guy so we both won two packs a piece)

Prize Pulls:
    Polukranos
    Prognostic Sphinx

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:55 am