Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Standard UW - Budget-ish Hexproof/Aura Beatdown

HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Standard UW - Budget-ish Hexproof/Aura Beatdown Empty Standard UW - Budget-ish Hexproof/Aura Beatdown

Post by HiveNet Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Since I don't think the Innistrad stuff has rotated out yet.

Creatures - 10
    4 Invisible Stalker 
    1 Geist of Saint Traft
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Delver of Secrets

Instant - 11
    3 Think Twice
    3 Syncopate 
    2 Dissipate
    3 Feelings of Dread

Sorcery - 6
    4 Divination
    2 Oblivion Ring 

Artifacts - 2
    2 Azorius Keyrune 

Enchamtments - 8
    3 Divine Favor
    2 Bonds of Faith 
    3 Ethereal Armour 

Land - 23
    4 Azorius Guildgate
    2 Hallowed Fountain
    1 Glacial Fortress
    8 Plains
    8 Islands.

So yeah, that's it essentially. I know I should be running Revelation and Supreme Verdict, but I don't hugely have the cash to splash out on them. I mean most of my in game cash is waiting till after rotation, so Revalation and Verdict have to wait till then.

I know the deck will only last for a short while, but I've been messing with it for the past couple of months, and it plays... nice enough. 

Any fixes beyond the lack of Verdict and Revalation?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Standard UW - Budget-ish Hexproof/Aura Beatdown Empty Re: Standard UW - Budget-ish Hexproof/Aura Beatdown

Post by Ashiok Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Rev and Verdict are by far more control cards. That said, if you want to get them to play them get them now since they'll only go up in price as innistrad stuff drops in price.

As for the deck, it just really needs more focus in what it's doing really. On my iPod right now so I can't really go through all the possible options though.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Standard UW - Budget-ish Hexproof/Aura Beatdown Empty Re: Standard UW - Budget-ish Hexproof/Aura Beatdown

Post by HiveNet Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Nah, if I don't have to get them for the deck I won't. Since dependant on how Theros comes around, I'll probably shift focus to something else

So by focus I assume: take out some of the control based elements, and add in more of the other stuff to speed up the beatdown element.

What do you think about Blind Obedience in here? That or Imposing Sovereign? 

Because I could probably Drop out Delver, Syncopate and Dissipate, and go for
    3 Imposing Soveriegn/Blind Obiedience
    4 Doomed Traveler
    2 Gift of Orzovha 

Well I know I could do something like that, but does that sound decent?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:25 pm