Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Modern UWR Draw-Go

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Modern UWR Draw-Go Empty Modern UWR Draw-Go

Post by Ashiok Sun May 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Creatures [6]:
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Vendilion Clique

Instants [29]:
    4 Path to Exile
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Lightning Helix
    4 Mana Leak
    4 Electrolyze
    4 Cryptic Command
    3 Sphinx's Revelation

Lands [25]:
    4 Celestial Colonnade
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Arid Mesa
    2 Hallowed Fountain
    2 Steam Vents
    1 Sacred Foundry
    2 Sulfur Falls
    2 Seachrome Coast
    1 Glacial Fortress
    2 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Mountain

Haven't really paid much attention to GP Portland since a lot of the decks just seemed to be the new white Jund deck, and there was a lot of Affinity, and while these decks are really cool, they're not so fun to watch. Saw Chapin was piloting a deck that was playing 3 Think Twice and Sphinx's Revelation, going 6-1 at one point, and someone else was 9-0 with a deck similar, but without the top end so much, focusing on just removing everything, so I basically took the two ideas and combined them into what should be an efficient combination of the two. Sphinx's Revelation is still one of my favourite cards ever to play with, so it was an obvious focus point.

The deck's essentially the same basis as Wafo-Tapa's UWR control that broke onto the scene after his performance in an online PTQ, and I think it's actually a better basis than the control decks trying to go one way or another. It just feels better to answer everything and draw a million cards than to answer most things and try to nickel and dime value off of cantrips, or answer everything with only Snapcaster Mage to really give extra value.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Modern UWR Draw-Go Empty Re: Modern UWR Draw-Go

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun May 12, 2013 7:16 pm

That looks..really cool.

We should play a game of modern some time soon. I wanna see it in action Smile

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:54 am