Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Tshar, the Chosen of Death [Single]

Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 3

Tshar, the Chosen of Death [Single] Empty Tshar, the Chosen of Death [Single]

Post by Pack Rat Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Tshar, the Chosen of Death [4BB]
    Legendary Creature - Skeleton Wizard

The "legend rule" doesn't apply to cards named Tshar, The Chosen of Death.
    If Tshar, the Chosen of Death dies, you may return it from its owner's graveyard to the battlefield under his or her control at end of turn.
    At the beggining of your end step, you may choose any number of creature cards in graveyards that were put there this turn. For each of those creatures, you may pay [BB] and return them from the graveyard(s) to their owners' battlefields.
    5/5

I actually have a flavor justification for this, but I'm too lazy to write it now, I'll do if someone asks. Also, the design seems to be really messy.

Last edited by Aigis on Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Tshar, the Chosen of Death [Single] Empty Re: Tshar, the Chosen of Death [Single]

Post by Kira Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 pm

If the effect is to ignore the legend rule, there should be some stackable ability or at least one that activates for each copy of him you control. Though that might be just me.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Tshar, the Chosen of Death [Single] Empty Re: Tshar, the Chosen of Death [Single]

Post by Rodrigo Wed May 01, 2013 2:00 am

Isn't that very broken? It's an infinitely better Gleancrawler.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Wed May 01, 2013 2:22 am

First effect should be return to hand, second should be like you may pay BB for each to return them. Or return them to your hand. Or (as I said) to have some synergy with the non-legendary effect, it should be like return 2 creatures for each copy you control or some variation. I think.
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Fixed it around.

Oh, and the "no legend rule" part is supposed to be for the flavor. Guy is chosen by the Death itself to be a kind of "judge". Since Death isn't limited to just one plane, neither he is, so it might happen that some different versions of Tshar meet.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 pm

If that's the case, then that makes it even more flavorful to have abilities based around the copies of him since if he meets himself, his powers would increase.

Oh, and TCG fix for second ability:

At the beginning of your end step, you may choose any number of target creature
    cards in graveyards that were put there this turn. For each of those
    creatures, you may pay {B}{B}. If you do, return them to the battlefield under their owner's control.

Though, in all honesty, you'd think a master of death would want his own legion and that's why he's bringing them back. So why their owner's? Increase the cost a tad, maybe 2 generic or 1 B, and make the creatures yours. Also, for flavor, make them come back as Zombies.
    Pack Rat
    Pack Rat
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Pack Rat Wed May 01, 2013 2:08 pm

He's not a "master", but a judge, so he decides who didn't deserve death and brings them back.

I'll try figuring something out with having multiples of him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:27 pm