Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

National Championship Deck Discussion: Shitakawachi Kouta

Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

National Championship Deck Discussion: Shitakawachi Kouta Empty National Championship Deck Discussion: Shitakawachi Kouta

Post by Touya Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:39 am

The board's been quiet, so get some discussion going I'd like to open up some of the most important decks of each format. Let's talk about the big decks and what we think of them.

To start off, this is the granddaddy of all competitive decks, from Japan's first national championship event in 2011. The format at the time was BT01-02, so it's missing a lot of the Royal staples; there's no Palamedes or Toypugal, and as a result the deck's very vanilla. The key points that I see are of course, the unrestricted Barcgal allowing for a guaranteed grade 2 ride and five soul to be set up, Pongal allowing easy access to Soul Saver Dragon, and Alfred managing the field to get her ready.

My umbrage with the deck is how many Flogals it's running. We could have 1 or 2 Margal in there, but instead this build is 8 Crit / 4 Stand. Do you guys think the 4 Flogal is necessary? The only reason I see to do so is potentially drawing all of your Flogals on a redraw when running less copies, since Barcgal can get Flogal out on T1, but the redraw scenario seems pretty remote to me.

I think it reflects the format changes a lot that now that everything has become more consistent with the proliferation of cards that evolve into other cards, modern competitive decks prefer more randomized skills based around additional drive checks that come with less guarantees, rather than the consistency that made Saver Dragon so popular.

Anyway, the list.
    2011 Japanese National Championship
    (Seniors')
    Author: Shitakawachi Kouta
    Grade 0: 17
    x1 Barcgal (FVG)
    x4 Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine HT
    x4 Knight of the Future, Llew CT
    x4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona CT
    x4 Flogal ST
    Grade 1: 15
    x4 Flash Shield, Iseult
    x4 Little Sage, Marron
    x4 Lake Maiden, Lien
    x3 Pongal
    Grade 2: 11
    x4 Blaster Blade
    x4 Knight of Silence, Gallatin
    x3 Knight of Truth, Gordon
    Grade 3: 7
    x4 King of Knights, Alfred
    x2 Soul Saver Dragon
    x1 Knight of Conviction, Bors
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

National Championship Deck Discussion: Shitakawachi Kouta Empty Re: National Championship Deck Discussion: Shitakawachi Kouta

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:00 am

If there was another Trigger available at the time(since you mentioned Margal), I find 4 Flogals really unnecessary. I... may not know how the format was when everything was just starting, but you can get away with running Flogal at 1-2 solely because of the reason you're running it in the first place: Barcgal.

I think I also saw another similar type of deck that ran Lohengrin at some point and topped? Not sure.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:48 am