Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Night Falls ~ Evening Star

Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Night Falls ~ Evening Star Empty Night Falls ~ Evening Star

Post by Shard Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHS8gcVYP58

Grade 0: 17
    1 Girl who Crossed the Gap
    4 Rainbow Magician
    4 Popcorn Boy
    4 Poison Juggler
    2 Dynamite Juggler
    2 Skyhigh Walker

Grade 1: 15
    4 Turquoise Beast Tamer
    4 Hades Hypnotist
    3 Purple Trapezist
    2 Magician of Quantum Mechanics
    2 Midnight Bunny

Grade 2: 11
    4 Crimson Beast Tamer
    3 Dancing Princess of the Night Sky
    4 Barking Cerberus

Grade 3: 7
    3 Silver Thorn Dragon Tamer, Luquier
    4 Midnight Invader

Basicially what I've been playing at locals recently. I made some changes today, but this is the current list. I like the two teched Stand Triggers here allowing you to enable the occasional bit of pressure, and the damage unflipping effect is basicially another reason I use it. If you have 4 damage and 3 of them are facedown, with a Luquier and nothing else really using CBs right then and there, it can be used to SC, unflip your 3rd damage, flip 3 for Luquier and calling up to 4 units out of the soul for a total of +3/6/9/12K for the turn, plus the extra units. If you recall the stand you can then SC it again and unflip a damage for future counterblasting. It's not the best play, but I used it a few times at my locals to decent effect in a couple of my playtesting games. So no, I won't go to 8 crit. Otherwise, the triggers and starter are nothing really to talk about.

Blue Tamer is Blue Tamer, nothing really has changed there. 4 Nulls because your Vanguard is 10k. 3 Trapezist because she's Trapezist. Magician of Quantum Mechanics is an amazing card, allowing you to consistently get Luquier's +3k boost, and turning into any unit from your soul for the turn, then coming back out to allow you to turn him into a new unit is really, really nice. He opens up many plays that wouldn't be possible otherwise and obviously is therefore amazing. Even if you're out of CBs, he provides a 6k boost to Midnight Invader to make a solid 18 column. Midnight Bunny because Bunny is really good. What else is there to say other than she's Midnight Bunny, she does her job amazingly.

Red Tamer because yknow, Red Tamer. Makes 18 columns with bunny, 20 with blue tamer, hits 11k vanguards alone, etc. Dancing Princess is basicially one of my favorite cards here, she adds so much consistency and is even useful after putting Red Tamer in soul, as you can go for Bunnies, Trapezists, Blue Tamers, Quantum Mechanics, Cerberus, basicially anything you want. What sucks is she's 8k. The setup she provides is really helpful for the deck, however, and she can intercept later or be boosted by a Blue Tamer to hit 17, which is okay against 10/11k vanguards. Originally I was playing 2 Cerberus 2 Carrie but I never found myself really using Carrie all that much and I liked the ability to hit 10k Vanguards and Rear-Guards alone, so I swapped one of the Carries out for a Cerberus. I may drop the Carries entirely for Cerberuses, I haven't decided yet so I just have the 1 Carrie in there for the additional draw power incase I do actually need it sometime. It's come in help a few times. Basicially the reason they're here is to put pressure on problem rearguards. Palamedes, Tom and the likes. I as a player like to swing at RGs quite a lot too, which compliments the Stand Triggers pretty well.

G3s are pretty simple. 3 Luquier because once you have 1 the other two aren't needed and Midnight Invader is too amazing. Hopefully my explaination didn't suck.

@Bold: Changes made, I now run 4 Cerberus and no Carries.

Last edited by Shard on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Night Falls ~ Evening Star Empty Re: Night Falls ~ Evening Star

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:46 am

You usually don't need the draw power in decks that benefit from Soul interactions, so you can probably make the full swap to 4 Cerberus.

seemsfine.jpeg otherwise
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 am

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:You usually don't need the draw power in decks that benefit from Soul interactions, so you can probably make the full swap to 4 Cerberus.

seemsfine.jpeg otherwise

Basicially what I've been thinking. Change will be made once I dig up my 4th Cerberus amongst my cards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm