Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[Royal Paladin] Reach for the Stars

Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

[Royal Paladin] Reach for the Stars Empty [Royal Paladin] Reach for the Stars

Post by Ruby Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:10 am

Grade 0: 17

1 Pringal
    4 Enthusiastic Jewel Knight, Polly
    4 Blazing Jewel Knight, Rachelle
    4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona
    4 Margal

Grade 1: 13

4 Iseult
    4 Little Sage, Marron
    3 Toypugal
    2 Pongal

Grade 2: 12

4 Silent Knight, Gallatin
    3 Blaster Blade
    3 Knight of Determination, Lamorak
    2 Uncompromising Knight, Idell

Grade 3: 8

3 Sanctuary Guard Dragon
    3 Swordsman of Explosive Flames, Palamedes
    2 Soul Saver Dragon

I'm extremely rusty so instead of being a smartass, you should offer good suggestions/fixes and proper explanations.

Searching Toypugals is obvious, but Pongal is for a definitive finish with Soul Saver due to having a backrow so easily formed and with less of them, it's easier to draw into Palamedes or a different Grade 2. Marron boosts Gordon to a proper 16, and Sanctuary Guard to 28 with a full power Limit Break, along with Soul Saver's amazing 21/26 auto-swings. Palamedes also works with Marron as well, so whether I search Toypugals or not, good columns are going to be made.

I had Lien in there, but I decided on an extra Pongal and Marron instead. I would like the card cycling, but not sure if it's worth missing out on a 27(or 18) swing with Vanguard(or 20-25 for Soul Saver, but that doesn't matter much in a meta of 11k vanguards).

I don't care how great twelve critical triggers are, I still see no reason to not run Margal, especially for Soul Saver. Also, due to people just guarding against a 14k Blaster Blade + Wingal Brave, I figured Primgal is better for being able to just draw a card since the Vanguard has to eventually hit at some point. yeah yeah, only hitting 15 is bad(not including limit break), but it's better than a f****** useless Wingal Brave that I would have to retire for Marron/Toypugal, when Primgal can at least move himself later in the game.

Any further questions, just ask. And again, please give ideas, I can make whatever changes.

Last edited by Ayase on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

[Royal Paladin] Reach for the Stars Empty Re: [Royal Paladin] Reach for the Stars

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 am

Instead of grazing over the thread, just say something...
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

[Royal Paladin] Reach for the Stars Empty Re: [Royal Paladin] Reach for the Stars

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:55 am

Akane is just plain bad now that Guard Dragon exists, and Gordon seems really, REALLY random. I'd neg them fr more Lamoraks and Gallatin.

Personally, I like the idea of Pendragons over Palamedes, but eh.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:59 am

...I had to look at your list twice to realize that you weren't running any nulls. Which is kind of bad to do in this format, just saying.

Otherwise, it looks like...well, a thing. I really don't know about Gordon myself, since I've been wondering about the potential of using S-Intercepts in some deck styles, but I'm pretty sure you can cut him for more of your 10ks.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 am

Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:Akane is just plain bad now that Guard Dragon exists, and Gordon seems really, REALLY random. I'd neg them fr more Lamoraks and Gallatin.

Personally, I like the idea of Pendragons over Palamedes, but eh.

Thoughts on Claudins in there with them?

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:...I had to look at your list twice to realize that you weren't running any nulls. Which is kind of bad to do in this format, just saying.

Otherwise, it looks like...well, a thing. I really don't know about Gordon myself, since I've been wondering about the potential of using S-Intercepts in some deck styles, but I'm pretty sure you can cut him for more of your 10ks.

You see 4 Iseult, correct? Not to mention running 0 nulls isn't bad for a format, it's bad for everything.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:05 am

...Jesus I'm blind and can't read apparently.

Actually, some decks have been able to get away with three, but four is a must for attempting to hose big plays this time around.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:10 am

I'd not run Claudins, simply because Soul Saver is also a thing, and you can do better than an 8K, even WITH +5K, and the fact that it works with an RG Diaigo boss.

Lily wanted to run the 8+4s in here, due t the lack of counter blasting units, but idk if she stuck to that, and I remember we also discussed Blaster Blade in the slots that the 8+4 would take.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:25 am

BBs are probably the safer route, but I'm with Black. You could try the +4ks and see how they work out.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 am

-2 Gordon
    -2 Akane
    +1 Lamorak
    +1 Gallatin
    +2 Idell

?
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Wanna add 2 Rainbow Calling Bard, but I don't know if I should just take out the Soul Saver engine entirely or not.

If I do I can just add Ashley or Dignified Silver Dragon in Soul Saver's place. Dignified basically acts as a backup Vanguard and a backup Palamedes that hits 21 with Toypugal and fuels it anyway.

... Thoughts? . _ .
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:14 am

With regards to Calling Bard, you could actually get away with running him at 1 by replacing the 2 Idell and either 1 Lamorak or 1 BB with copies of Battle Flag Knight Constance; each copy of Constance would effectively count as an additional copy of every grade 1, so you get to run "four" Calling Bard without actually having to deal with losing grade 1 space to that number.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:33 am

I don't really want to drop Idell but Constance does sound nice. Could drop a BB and Gallatin.

But then my G2 lineup is gonna look a little messy. . _ .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:02 am