Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Blue Tron

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Modern Blue Tron Empty Modern Blue Tron

Post by Ashiok Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Well, this is kinda how my UW list evolved, although now it's an entirely different entity so I felt like making its own thread. Basically, just dropped into a mono blue shell, for multiple reasons, the main one being the super consistency boost in the mana, but also the affordability. I'm aiming to save up for this now that I've finished my standard deck.

Non-Creature artifacts [8]:
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Dimir Signet
    1 Mindslaver

Creatures [11]:
    4 Treasure Mage
    2 Solemn Simulacrum
    1 Silent Arbiter
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Sundering Titan

Instants [17]:
    4 Condescend
    3 Repeal
    4 Remand
    2 Squelch
    4 Thirst for Knowledge

Lands [24]:
    10 Island
    4 Urza's Mine
    4 Urza's Power Plant
    4 Urza's Tower
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Oboro, Palace in the Clouds

Sideboard:
    2 Dismember
    1 Torpor Orb
    1 Platinum Angel
    2 Spellskite
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Chalice of the Void
    2 Negate
    1 Dispel
    2 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Ratchet Bomb

Very much a Mindslaver lock deck, now, with the usual suspects as finishers in Wurmcoil and Sundering Titan. Emrakul proved to be just too slow, cloggy and win more, so it was cut very quickly in testing. Platinum Angel was pretty mediocre in most game 1s. Since both got the axe, I changed it from a deck playing ~5~ Wurmcoils, to a deck playing 7, and given that the only good removal against it is PTE, I'm fine with that.

Also considering space in the side for another Silent Arbiter, but it just comes down too slowly for me to want to dedicate more space for it than just one vs aggro decks. It's only particularly useful since it does a number to midrange decks too, especially ones that could otherwise "deal" with Wurmcoil with multi-blocking.

Kinda want to find a way in which to play Tectonic + Crucible for the mirror, too.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 am