Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Ruka
RAEG
The Monster of Surrealton
Striker
Dae of Judgment
Welche
Ashiok
HiveNet
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kira
Rodrigo
15 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 10 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Rodrigo Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Pretty awesome. Essay finished, week ending, tomorrow my dad is getting our new car, and I'll get many new cards for my collections.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 10 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Dae of Judgment Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Fairly good as well. I have most of my eggs finished IRL now. I just need the fetchlands, 1 more Lotus Bloom and two Sunrises.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Skyfall wrote:Fairly good as well. I have most of my eggs finished IRL now. I just need the fetchlands, 1 more Lotus Bloom and two Sunrises.

Ah, my nightmare... the fetchlands...

I need 3 of them, the ones in color for Maelstrom Wanderer.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:27 pm

RUG just happens to have two of the most expensive fetches in its colours.

Managed to draft pretty much the best deck in the room tonight, playing AVR, and managed to go 1-2 somehow. Apparently my deck was actually amazing at doing exactly 19 damage, as it did in 3 of my game losses. At least I got to Cathar's Crusade -> Thatcher's Revolt twice, both dealing somewhere in the realms of 40 damage.

Gonna order the rest of UB Zombies tomorrow and then probably just work on building mono-U Tron.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 am

Today is the day for spoilers right?
    Cant wait Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 am

Naturally I'm staying up until 5 am so I catch the spoilers on time.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:08 am

Sadly, I have school and a project due tommorow. so I need my sleep.

I want to catch just a few though.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:10 am

Still got one more week off. :3

And hoping my cards I ordered get here by Sunday for a win-a-box tourney. Not sure on playing UB Zombies or Grixis Control though.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 am

Why you no good lucky.....
    Once Maze, M14, and Thero's come along there should be a lot of cool cards to start brewing around. I cant wait Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 am

As if there isn't enough awesome stuff to build around as it is?

Master Biomancer, Domri, Gideon, Assemble the Legion, every mythic angel ever, Manor Gargoyle, the whole interaction with +1/+1 counters, multiple Flashback interactions. After that you have Fog, Omniscience, Urban Evolution, Door to Nothingness, Laboratory Maniac, Primal Surge, and a million more silly things. Who needs to add DGM and M14 to that mix?

Not to say I'm not looking forward to DGM and M14, because that'd be ludicrous, but the format already has so much amazing stuff to brew with.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:34 am

Yeah, but now we'll have even MORE stuff to do Smile
    I just love imagining what kind of stuff we could be getting.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:35 am

Hopefully something to bring the price of Sulfur Falls up since I plan to be trading for a playset soon so I can fix up my Grixis mana base a bit, then trade them off later for profit.

Not to mention UR non-storm decks are actually really fun, just Sulfur Falls and Steam Vents are the cheapest duals atm for a reason; because they're the worst.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:39 am

I wouldn't mind Hinterland Harbor going up either. I have 4 of them and no other cards to build a deck.

I really need to start sending applications some time. Having no money and trying to play Magic sucks.
    Good thing I always have Cockatrice.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:42 am

I've just been spending the money I've been saving for over a decade. Most of that's still going to just competing at FNM and other local tournies rather than buying cards, but I don't have an issue spending money on a hobby.

Need to apply for a summer job really soon though, or else I might not get one before they're all gone.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 am

So, which guilds are you hoping get some good stuff?

Still seems like we could use 1 decent Cipher card.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:53 am

Given the duals I currently have (4 Blood Crypt, 4 Dragonskull Summit, 4 Watery Grave, 4 Drowned Catacomb, 2 Steam Vents) rakdos and dimir are high up there, as well as Izzet. I want Orzhov to have some really good stuff for the prerelease too, of course.

For Cipher, I still really think Whispering Madness just needs something to abuse it. I'm testing it sided in UB Zombies for the control matchup, but idk about results just yet.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:54 am

I'm hoping for some awesome Commons, Uncommons, and Junk Rares. So I can build something cool on a budget.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 am

I'd kinda like a small red sweeper (be it red, rakdos or izzet, I'd be fine) like Pyroclasm, which'd give me a little more breathing room in Grixis. I've really liked what the current sets have given to my favourite 3-colour combination, I honestly just hope for a really good block draft format.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:17 am

These spoilers are awesome Smile.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Post by Kira Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm

New mechanic calls for some really silly combos.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:21 pm

f****** loving DGM's cards. Fuse is one hell of a mechanic too.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:08 pm

I get home from school and get to finish up the spoilers. My webcomics all have new chapters. A new episode of Oreimo for me.

I love today Smile
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:18 pm

So how's everyone been lately?

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Pretty good. EDH, people?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Im up for it Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:14 pm