Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kira's Gatecrash prerelease experience

Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Kira's Gatecrash prerelease experience Empty Kira's Gatecrash prerelease experience

Post by Kira Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Having gone to the RtR prerelease, I was prepared for the set-up, and more experienced in gameplay that I knew where to make combos, where to cut back on lands, etc. I had the money and some of the time to at least show up to both prereleases for the night. First Dimir, where I pulled the Charm, the gate, the keyrune, the goldmage, the LEADER, the shockland Whispering Madness, Last Thoughts, and a couple others including both the Denizens for my colors. Went 0-2-0 (W-L-T) until I switched up my deck a bit then won 2 more rounds, which put me in the running where I won a pack where I pulled a foil Duskmantle Seer. Between events, traded my Breeding Pool for a guy's Watery Grave and my Biovisionary for a guy's Unexpected Results. Next event, because of shortage of guild packs, they raffled off selection order. I picked second, chose the second of 4 available Boros packs left. Didn't pull much as exciting as with Dimir, but some pretty nice cards like Spark Trooper, my Breeding Pool back, another Watery Grave, Spark Trooper, Assemble the Legion, Legion Loyalist, the red Denizen, the Charm, 2 copies of Madcap Skills, and their gate. Also managed to get a foil Smog Elemental, Got promos just for paying cash, ehich were Ancient Ziggurat and Reckless Wurm, so there's that lol. All in all, way better than RtR, with my luck being with me for once at least in the Dimir section. Boros I played one game which I lost, though that was mainly due to a Predator's Rapport when he was at 5 life. Then he Got me down to a 4-18 game. Nothing I could do.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:25 pm