Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The Gatecrash Prerelease

Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

The Gatecrash Prerelease Empty The Gatecrash Prerelease

Post by Kira Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:21 am

Figured I'd make a general thread for discussion. What guild are you going for? Are you going both days? If you're going for 2, what order will you pick your guilds, etc? As spoilers are still in the works, this thread will be getting changing opinions from many people, me included.

For now, I am going with either Dimir or Boros. If I have enough come prerelease time, I'll be going twice for sure. If that happens, definitely getting Dimir first.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Gatecrash Prerelease Empty Re: The Gatecrash Prerelease

Post by Ashiok Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:25 am

Limited really doesn't seem much like my thing as it is, since it's a lot of combat math and I like just swinging above everything or knowing every attack I make is pretty much impossible to deal with.

I'll definitely be going though, but I'll almost certainly be picking Orzhov. Extort is my kind of mechanic entirely, and I do believe the Thrull is most likely the guild promo, which just screams sealed potential to me. It's a 4/4 which is great in sealed. It has Extort, which makes the long nature of sealed very good for me, and it gives CA in the long run, along with any possible instant-speed kill spells and/or tricks making it very, very easy to get him in unscathed.

Will definitely have to see how the set turns out, but the chances of Orzhov being really good are high and they best fit my playstyle. Honestly, the less I have to turn a creature sideways the better, since anyone knows that when I'm not playing Affinity if I'm playing an aggro deck I take... quite a while to make any attacks. Combat math is almost foreign to me.
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 16

Post by HSektor Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:45 am

I'm going with Simic in day one, no matter how bad or good it is. Muh guild fo life dawg, gotta respect.
    For day two, I'll wait for more spoilers. For now, Dimir and Orzhov looks like some nice pics.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 am

Still too early for me to choose but Orzhov is looking sexy.

Gruul is an amazing pick in Limited though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:40 am