Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Bad-End Dragger

HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Bad-End Dragger Empty Bad-End Dragger

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Bad-End Dragger 300px-Bad-End_Dragger

[AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage): When a «Spike Brother» rides this unit, you can target 1 of your vanguards, during this turn, it gets [Power]+10000 and the following ability: "[AUTO](VC): When one of your «Spike Brother» Rearguards attacks, that Unit gets [Power]+10000 during that battle, and at the beginning of the close step of that battle, return this unit to your deck, and shuffle your deck.
    [AUTO](VC): When this Unit is boosted by a «Spike Brother», it gets [Power]+2000 during this Battle.
    [CONT](VC/RC): Lord (If you have a unit that doesn't belong to the same clan as this unit, this unit cannot attack)

The third Ride Break revealed. Stopping Spike Bro's Final Turn becomes a lot harder with this.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Bad-End Dragger Empty Re: Bad-End Dragger

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:55 pm

People still run 4 nulls.
    But this is hilarious, my Spike babies are getting insane support. This is beautiful, along with the Persona Blaster, and it works with Dudley Emperor. <3

For the 10k to Rearguard, do you select the Rearguard when you Break Ride, or do you choose whenever a Rearguard attacks?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:13 pm

What people think it applies to in game, is that the turn you ride it, every single RG that attacks gets +10k, and then gets shuffled back in. So stacking with Juggernaught Max, you get 5 attacks at between 26k and 36k in one turn.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:14 pm

wait so it's /all/ reaguards when they attack?
    ... well then nvm
    busted <3
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Well if you look at the wording of it, it's not optional. If they attack, they get it. Which yes... it's insane, however the G3 line up gets a bit messed up.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:12 pm

You just run 4 Dudley and 4 this.

It really sets up Emperor for ridiculously good plays because, if you don't boost the first two attacks, you follow up with up to 32 columns on either side of the VG. It's 5 high power attacks that pretty much forces your opponent to either waste everything they have or die.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:36 am

I remember talking to my friend about nulls while explaining to him how Vanguard games typically play out, and he asked me what would happen if the column play forced nulls beyond simply the Vanguard column; in other words, what would people do at five damage when stuff like Irregulars and Spikes reared their ugly heads and smashed faces with their high-power columns.

I don't know what to say now that this sort of thing is going on. Suddenly, Bushi decided that steroids were legal for American football.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:39 am

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:Suddenly, Bushi decided that steroids were legal for American football.

i sort of want to show you several eyeshield 21 characters to prove this but i won't
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:43 am

Queen wrote:
    Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:Suddenly, Bushi decided that steroids were legal for American football.

i sort of want to show you several eyeshield 21 characters to prove this but i won't

lol sports

On the topic of what Black said, I wanted to try, if I made a build for this clan based on this set, 3 Dudley/3 Dragger/2 Jug, since the commotion seems to be about how this card theoretically breaks Maximum in every single way possible.

4/4 probably would work too, since you can always call Brakki. I just figured that you'd want the thing that smashes.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 am

The thing of it is, Jugg breaks magic numbers. Which is the thought to this.

I am loving how thought it coming into the game more. People have to start planning ahead instead of random rushng the Vanguard like before.

Becuase there is no way you want this to happen before you are prepared for it.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:54 am

HiveNet wrote:The thing of it is, Jugg breaks magic numbers. Which is the thought to this.

I am loving how thought is coming into the game more. People have to start planning ahead instead of random rushng the Vanguard like before.

Becuase there is no way you want this to happen before you are prepared for it.

...I mean, that's what people have always been doing when they haven't been playing the decks that played themselves. Vanguard's pretty strategy-based minus the luck involved with trigger-ripping.

What I'm expecting is a reconsideration of the value of S-Intercepts, since Narukamis now have two, to my knowledge. This forces attention away from the Vanguard to begin with to take care of the extra 10k guards, but it's a good thing because of that, and then there's the fact that numbers like this force free damage like nobody's business without security.

Then again, this is mostly a final turn ploy that could theoretically end the Spike player if it fails, but I also don't see this being much of a problem, personally. Dudley holds up well when your opponent is limited in what they can do to survive.
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Yuzuru Otonashi
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 18

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:11 am

Juggernaut isn't even needed, though. You can do so much more than swing with Jugg now ._.

And Narukami hve two S-Specials cause the second is for the archetype.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:14 am

Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:Juggernaut isn't even needed, though. You can do so much more than swing with Jugg now ._.

Like I said, you could just use Brakki. I was simply thinking in numbers.

And yes, I know that, although that still revives my interest in heavy-guarding via S-Types, since I'm not sure how much longer 13k base is going to be the relevant Vanguard number with these things (Break Rides with loltryguardingthesenumbersyoutwit skills) popping up.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:36 am

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:
    Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:Juggernaut isn't even needed, though. You can do so much more than swing with Jugg now ._.

Like I said, you could just use Brakki. I was simply thinking in numbers.

And yes, I know that, although that still revives my interest in heavy-guarding via S-Types, since I'm not sure how much longer 13k base is going to be the relevant Vanguard number with these things (Break Rides with loltryguardingthesenumbersyoutwit skills) popping up.

You can use Juggernauts and Blackie or just Blackie, either way you would prefer your power numbers.

S-Special Intercepts are a nice idea but against the huge a** hell numbers that are popping up, I doubt it's going to mean much. Even with them, you're still going to wind up throwing down most of your hand(at least 2 for most hitting over +30?). Not only that, but you lose a bit of your aggression with too many S-Special Intercepts. Though if the new format is focusing on 11ks, I suppose it's not bad with a 8k booster.

Against Spike Brothers, S-Specials probably don't stand much of a chance. Against shit like Golden Gancelot, very slim chance. Against Vowing, no.

Not only that, but with Spike's rapid Crush Rush now... yeah. S-Specials can only work so much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:48 am