Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

New to Vanguard TCG

Xapieeer
    Xapieeer

Rep : 0

New to Vanguard TCG Empty New to Vanguard TCG

Post by Xapieeer Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:24 pm

So im fairly new to the Vanguard Trading Card Game, i was wondering if i could have some advice on what deck to run and just any general advice. I've been watching the Dubbed Anime to episode 58.

I've been playing Kagero, i've enjoyed them but only thing i dont like is how people treat newbies, lawl. they say im slow when im just reading their cards effects.

Thank you very much Very Happy
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

New to Vanguard TCG Empty Re: New to Vanguard TCG

Post by Kira Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:00 pm

First, I say study up. Know what your cards do. Makes the flow a bit easier. Second, If you like Kagero, go up to Narukami. It's the S2 equivalent of Kagero, so it's more modern. But the effects are kinda different. As for deck-making, can't help you there. I suck. I have one deck that loves me, but everyone that looks at it says it sucks xD
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Dub's a good way to start.

What I do is look for decklists then proxy them. If I test them out, I can get a feeling for if I like them or not.
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:11 pm

If you like Kagerou, stick with Kagerou. Rule #1 is that all clans are competitive except Etranger and there is always a way to make a deck work well. What is called the best deck right now is only going to last a couple months at best; even the most long-lived of decks can be stopped dead in their tracks by a skilled fighter who's found a way to use their favorite cards.

You're going to want to know how the game has progressed, so look into the tournament decklists from 2011 to now (if you can read Japanese, the official website has them all, if you can't I have a perpetually-in-progress translation/analysis of how the game developed) and Cardgame!!Coalation has a thread that I try to keep up to date on the current pro scene.

The dub isn't terrible, but I would honestly recommend that you look into watching Crunchyroll's subtitled release to keep up to date on the new cards, and because reading the card names and skills honestly does improve your recognition of them over just hearing them spoken aloud. The dub is also close to 40 episodes behind now, and there are some things that get lost in translation like the origins of Koutei's name, the existence of the Foo Fighters and the foreshadowing to later plot points. Additionally, you'll sometimes be confused by things like no one calling Genocide Jack, Brutal Jack or Blazers Pleasures, Blazer Idols in the real world, because the sub is that much more popular.

In terms of improving your game, real cardfights at actual shops will always be better than online play with CFC (Bushiroad is very nice in that they keep an ongoing list to help narrow down the hunt.) Cardfight Capital is nice, but the program has issues with its shuffler, can't replicate every skill in the game and won't work as a substitute for real experience.

For a Kagerou cardfighter, the typical route in the Japanese scene and the one expected for the English scene to go toward in February is Dragonic Overlord The End. At the moment, the EN scene has Dragon Monk Goku and Dragonic Lawkeeper as the clan's best in show for the format, but nothing is ever 100% guaranteed in Cardfight. People are always looking into ways to make older decktypes more viable, to tune up new ones and create different combinations, so definitely experiment and see if you gravitate toward a particular strategy.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 pm

If you're playing Kagero, run the best Kagero Deck: Blazing Flare. ... But yeah, if you're playing Kagero, stick with it. Find the clan you're most comfortable with before anything. Watch the subs, and listen to the stuff Touya says.

... Except that crossed out bit about Etrangers not being competitive which is a lie because clearly they're the best deck. D<
    Touya
    Touya
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 16

Post by Touya Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:01 am

Titania wrote:... Except that crossed out bit about Etrangers not being competitive which is a lie because clearly they're the best deck. D<

New to Vanguard TCG Etrangerdefeatstheendbl

Keroro Ezel is my favorite Ezel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 pm