Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Shard
Ashiok
Rodrigo
Anbu-of-Sand
8 posters

Your Favorite Clan / Deck and why?

Anbu-of-Sand
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Your Favorite Clan / Deck and why? Empty Your Favorite Clan / Deck and why?

Post by Anbu-of-Sand Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:29 am

Since I'm still fairly new to the game, I thought I'd get everyone's opinions on this.

So yeah, what's everyone's favorite Clan / Deck? I currently made my first Deck which are Dark Irregulars because they looked interesting, even though I don't know much about them except through the Anime (oh I finished Season One btw Very Happy ). I'm thinking of making a Majesty Lord Blaster Deck afterwards though because I feel it'd be a bit more easier to use.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Your Favorite Clan / Deck and why? Empty Re: Your Favorite Clan / Deck and why?

Post by Rodrigo Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:30 am

*points to avi and sig*
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Members
    Members

Post by Anbu-of-Sand Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:34 am

While you're here, what Deck would you suggest I use while I'm still new to the game? :3 Like I said I want to use a Majesty Lord Blaster Deck because I felt like I had a really good grasp of Paladins (Royal and Shadow, but mostly Royal) through the anime, but I'm not sure if I should.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:35 am

Nova Grapplers, by like... a few light years.

Been running the deck since my very first game where I just net-decked one from a good player. I absolutely love the way they play and their easy to use when it comes to the basics. But I also love how there's a lot more to their strategy that you don't realise just by looking at them or using them once or twice. Also their style means I'm not constantly checking my soul like a lot of decks, and the only power source I ever have to rely on (counter blasting) is easy to see without giving away any possible future plays. For example, if a Dark irregular player is checking his stack constantly, it means he's likely checking for 6/8 and because of that you can predict what he's trying to play out. Little things in Vanguard that make it so awesome~

I have a huge thing with getting most attached to the first things I use, like how in Yugioh my favourite card is Dark Magician because the Yugi starter deck was the first I owned, and how I love E-Heroes so much because they were my first competitive deck, things like that.
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Members
    Members

Post by Anbu-of-Sand Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 am

I feel somewhat stupid because everytime I first start a game (Yugioh, Cardfight, and a few Online Games), I choose what I want to play / who I want to play based on their looks / bad assery. For example I chose Chaos Sorcerer as my favorite Card and kind of Deck to revolve around in YGO because he was one of the first cards I had, and he looked bad a**.

For me Dark Irregulars looked pretty bad a** so I chose them Razz
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:42 am

Top 5:

1) Bermudas
    2) Granblue
    3) Oracle Think Tank
    4) Neo-Nectar
    5) Angel Feather(Once released)

Though I'll play anything except standard palys(don't mind the galahad or other builds tho) or Shadow Palys.

Last edited by Shard on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:45 am

Shadow Paladins Smile if i could ever actually learn how to play them properly.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:46 am

Anbu-of-Sand wrote:I feel somewhat stupid because everytime I first start a game (Yugioh, Cardfight, and a few Online Games), I choose what I want to play / who I want to play based on their looks / bad assery. For example I chose Chaos Sorcerer as my favorite Card and kind of Deck to revolve around in YGO because he was one of the first cards I had, and he looked bad a**.

For me Dark Irregulars looked pretty bad a** so I chose them Razz

Fortunately in Vanguard choosing what is your favourite is a good thing because you enjoy the deck the most and it can still compete with other decks. (Unless you choose Tachikaze which have a serious issue against virtually every deck.) It just takes time to work out any kinks in decks, and then you have to factor in new cards. Believe me when I say you'll constantly be testing cards and quantities and finding new or better ways to run your deck.
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Members
    Members

Post by Anbu-of-Sand Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 am

Wi fi Master jordan wrote:Shadow Paladins Smile if i could ever actually learn how to play them properly.
    Practice makes perfect Very Happy

It'll be hard for me to practice though because I have to remember all those Shortcuts on Card Capital D: Even if I get to look at the controls while in-game it takes so long ;_;
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:49 am

Out of the playable clans, Tachikaze is the biggest joke tbh. I mean they'd get better if something happened when you killed your own RGs. You basicially minus your self for simple raw power which is outmatched by other decks, and it's damn stupid. Tyrant Deathrex was /ONLY OK/ until Limit Break came and said "F*** you." Also bermudas are good, despite was chris says. NGs are just a bad matchup for them :/
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Members
    Members

Post by Anbu-of-Sand Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:50 am

Asura Kaiser wrote:Fortunately in Vanguard choosing what is your favourite is a good thing because you enjoy the deck the most and it can still compete with other decks. (Unless you choose Tachikaze which have a serious issue against virtually every deck.) It just takes time to work out any kinks in decks, and then you have to factor in new cards. Believe me when I say you'll constantly be testing cards and quantities and finding new or better ways to run your deck.
    Oh dear I don't know if I should be scared about what you said, with all the constant testing and quantities of certain cards. Right now in my Dark Irregulars I'm having the habit of running either 2 or 4 of a card, it doesn't feel right to only run 3 of a card (or 1 of a card that's going to be use as your starting Vanguard) to me yet :/

Also, random off-topic question: Is it bad to have a low amount of triggers? In my Dark Irregulars I only have 4 Heal and 4 Critical :/
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Shard Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:51 am

Anbu-of-Sand wrote:
    Asura Kaiser wrote:Fortunately in Vanguard choosing what is your favourite is a good thing because you enjoy the deck the most and it can still compete with other decks. (Unless you choose Tachikaze which have a serious issue against virtually every deck.) It just takes time to work out any kinks in decks, and then you have to factor in new cards. Believe me when I say you'll constantly be testing cards and quantities and finding new or better ways to run your deck.
    Oh dear I don't know if I should be scared about what you said, with all the constant testing and quantities of certain cards. Right now in my Dark Irregulars I'm having the habit of running either 2 or 4 of a card, it doesn't feel right to only run 3 of a card (or 1 of a card that's going to be use as your starting Vanguard) to me yet :/

Also, random off-topic question: Is it bad to have a low amount of triggers? In my Dark Irregulars I only have 4 Heal and 4 Critical :/

You have to have 16 triggers.
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Anbu-of-Sand
    Members
    Members

Post by Anbu-of-Sand Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:53 am

Shard wrote:
    Understood. Guess I'll have to go into Card Capital BYOND then and do some changes Razz
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:54 am

Anbu-of-Sand wrote:
    Shard wrote:
    Understood. Guess I'll have to go into Card Capital BYOND then and do some changes Razz

But you can only have 4 heal triggers, rememeber that.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:26 am

All Paladins (excluding Gold at the moment because I haven't played with Zeyer) and Oracle Think Tank. Kagero is close up with them.

Royal Paladins have always been my personal favorite. I have this silly lead character syndrome with card games, and wind up maining decks used by them. Unfortunately, with Yugioh, Yusei.dek isn't too competitive. Though Royal Paladins were different. They always play brilliantly, especially with Blaster Blade all over the place. Some of it's bad cards wind up being fairly nice as well(i.e. Wingal(idk), Gordon, Alfred Early sometimes, etc). I just took a shine to swarming the field and powering up with the power of friendship. Easy to play, straight forward strategy, good deck. Plus, as stupid as it sounds, I feel like I've really bonded with the Royal Paladins. D:

Shadow Paladins showed me that I'm apparently cursed with Darkside Syndrome too. Other than times were Javelin hates me, Shadow Paladins run stupid well with me. Plus, I decide to get a little too far into Cardfight Vanguard and let my arrogant side out with Blaster Dark. Because wynaut? People who main both Paladins have two personas like Aichi! Not only that, but Shadow Paladins have been helping me with timing issues while playing this game. Deciding when exactly is the right moment to Persona Blast, use Damned Charging Lance, etc.

MLB is just MLB, for the sake of being both avatars.

Oracle Think Tank was the very first deck I played. I had literally no clue what I was doing. I was just netdecking from this one really bad site with decklists. The more I ran them, the more I liked the insane advantage. Finally got down to just completely mastering them as I got into maining a third clan. Now I can even troll with Foresight like Misaki.

Kagero... Kai's God, so wynaut? I end up getting Criticals and whatnot like Kai anyway.

I'm too serious with this game.
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:44 am

I'm best with any sort of Paladins. I started with Royals, mained Galahad for months before taking my break, etc.

I'd say I'm pretty good with Royal Paladins. I've played essentially every variant (barring G3), meaning Soul Saver, Majesty, Beasts (my favorite) and Galahad (though not since before said break).

As I said, I love Beast Paladins especially, and therefore it can be expected that I'm taking a shine (typoed as Shien, oh god.) to Golds as well since new Garmall. <3 They seem to be okay right now, and will do even better when I can actually play using Zeyer.

I wouldn't say I'm bad with Shadow Paladins, but they're definitely my least favorite of all the Paladins (unless in Blaster.dek but that runs MLB and MLB is MLB...), and even then I rely on a Shadow Paladin chain at the start because Javelin hates me. (Cherry will testify 1000 times.) Though, that luck factor is really my only problem, that and the fact that I don't like their Cross that much. However, it was a main of mine before the break, and then it decided to screw me in the a** and now I don't use it.

As for other stuff, I've played Murakumo, Eclipse, Flarewhip, OTT, Grappler/Overlord hybrid (when I first started) and Blaus.

Out of everything I've listed, the only things I currently use are Beasts and OTTs, as I feel like they're the best they can be atm. I am testing Gold Palys, but it's not really serious until Zeyer gets on and then I can set things up properly. As for other stuff, I plan to rebuild and rework them, as well as eventually try all the decks.
    Legend Zero
    Legend Zero
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Legend Zero Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:17 am

I'm God with Oracle Think Tank, that's all.

I play 5 games (online and irl) with every clan, I decide if I will continue based on this. Oracles, however, stole my heart. I've already got a pretty good memory, not Misaki memory but I can remember every card "Tsukuyomi stacked" by numbers, math and memory. I adore hand advantage and have actually started predicting cards based on deck-to-card ratios, which Jordan/Shard knows how well I'm progressing. XP

I'm actually really confident with them, more than any CFV or YGO deck I've ever played.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:03 am