Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Chris' Control Card of the Day #2: Detention Sphere

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Chris' Control Card of the Day #2: Detention Sphere Empty Chris' Control Card of the Day #2: Detention Sphere

Post by Ashiok Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Chris' Control Card of the Day #2: Detention Sphere Gxddr3o9i9_en

Because we all love omni-O-Rings.

But in all seriousness, this is a marvellous addition from RTR to U/W control. Putting Maelstrom Pulse on an Oblivion Ring is amazing, but that one line of text makes it so awkward...

"not named Detention Sphere"

This is obviously to prevent silly loops, but if you look at it another way it's (to me, at least) a shame it has it, since it can't be cast, targeting another Sphere, to exile both of them, so they could both come back. This would allow the first one to exile a new target as the old target came back.

Still, it's a perfect card for U/W, and it'll be a strong force that drives U/W control forwards for quite a while.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Chris' Control Card of the Day #2: Detention Sphere Empty Re: Chris' Control Card of the Day #2: Detention Sphere

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Or as I call it, D-Ring.

It is very good. Even better if they have cards of the same name on the battlefield.
    .Rai
    .Rai
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 26

Chris' Control Card of the Day #2: Detention Sphere Empty Re: Chris' Control Card of the Day #2: Detention Sphere

Post by .Rai Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:11 pm

I still think its correct name is either Oblivion Pulse or Maelstrom Ring.

It's silly good, and one of my favourite cards. Like ever. It's just so cool.
    Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

Post by Capricorn El Cid Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:17 pm

The Situation you planted Chris is an Infinite loop of sorts once again
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 pm

-Griselbrand- wrote:The Situation you planted Chris is an Infinite loop of sorts once again

Oh, I know it's a possible infinite loop.

Point was, if you could essentially reset the target of the first one, it'd be amazing. :c
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:06 am

Taylor wrote:
    -Griselbrand- wrote:The Situation you planted Chris is an Infinite loop of sorts once again

Point was, if you could essentially reset the target of the first one, it'd be amazing. :c

You could always find a way to blink it.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 am

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:
    Taylor wrote:

Which is beyond retarded, since O-Ring exists.

It'd just be nice to reset the target by just running more of a good card. :c
    Capricorn El Cid
    Capricorn El Cid
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 19

Post by Capricorn El Cid Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Taylor wrote:
    Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:
    Taylor wrote:

Which is beyond retarded, since O-Ring exists.

It'd just be nice to reset the target by just running more of a good card. :c

It is already Strong as is making it more stronger is not a really good idea TBH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:51 pm