Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Brutal Jack

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Brutal Jack Empty Brutal Jack

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:36 am

Brutal Jack 300px-BT01-029EN_R

[CONT](VC/RC):Restraint (This unit cannnot attack.)

[ACT](VC/RC):[Counter-Blast 1] Until end of turn, this unit loses "Restraint".

[AUTO](VC):When this unit is boosted by a <Nova Grappler>, this unit gets [Power] +5000 until end of that battle.

Because it's one of the best Nova Grappler G2s with probably the easiest restraint removal in the entire game. 11k makes it amazing, being a pseudo 16k Vanguard makes it even better and being G2 tops it all off to be... probably the best G2 in the game... although I may slightly be stretching that.

Discuss go!
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Brutal Jack Empty Re: Brutal Jack

Post by Ruby Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:42 am

You have lost my respect for not referring to it as Genocide Jack.

I don't think saying that this is the best Grade 2 in the game is that much of an exaggeration. Even with my main being Blaster Blade, I have to admit this card is just downright insane. For Nova Grapplers, flipping 1-2 damage per turn isn't that much of a problem when you wind up unflipping it a few seconds later.

Doesn't help that if you boost as Vanguard, it becomes even more of a monster. Only thing it lacks is Twin Drive...
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:42 am

Best G2 is Girls Rock, Rio. /opinion
    Anyway. Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Jack decided that he should be epic and somehow turned the well into a lake. He then proceeded to be an amazing card.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:49 am

Queen wrote:You have lost my respect for not referring to it as Genocide Jack.

I don't think saying that this is the best Grade 2 in the game is that much of an exaggeration. Even with my main being Blaster Blade, I have to admit this card is just downright insane. For Nova Grapplers, flipping 1-2 damage per turn isn't that much of a problem when you wind up unflipping it a few seconds later.

Doesn't help that if you boost as Vanguard, it becomes even more of a monster. Only thing it lacks is Twin Drive...

Honestly I really don't mind the name Brutal Jack. Oh and if you're running Azure NGs this is the only card that CBs, except for the 1 White Tiger, so you don't need to unflip. Although personally I still max Grapplemanias and Red Lightnings for that, but that won't be possible in the english meta when BT06 is released, unfortunately.

This thing could be the exact same as a G3 and be considered the best G3 NGs have, being a pseudo-16k VG G3 during your turn would be absolutely insane.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:57 am

Asura Kaiser wrote:
    Queen wrote:You have lost my respect for not referring to it as Genocide Jack.

Honestly I really don't mind the name Brutal Jack. Oh and if you're running Azure NGs this is the only card that CBs, except for the 1 White Tiger, so you don't need to unflip. Although personally I still max Grapplemanias and Red Lightnings for that, but that won't be possible in the english meta when BT06 is released, unfortunately.

This thing could be the exact same as a G3 and be considered the best G3 NGs have, being a pseudo-16k VG G3 during your turn would be absolutely insane.

Genocide just sounds cooler, imo. :s Also, in the past, I've ran a bad Mr Invincible build, that run Kirara and Jack. I can say that keeping damage up for Jack and Kirara at least once per turn was stupid easy.

Twin Drive is all that's needed this thing even crazier than it is already. But part of me really does wish it was just a G3, or it got a upgrade of itself printed with generally the same skills.
    Surprising to hear you agree, since you love Asura Kaiser/Azure Dragon.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:59 am

Not surprising when I realise the weakness of NGs is that they're pretty weak in terms of offence compared to most of the metagame, which is full of 12k+ VGs.

Also was gonna say Genocide Joker, but you added the fact it'd need the same skill. Sad But seriously, Joker's an insult to NGs.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:05 am

Asura Kaiser wrote:Not surprising when I realise the weakness of NGs is that they're pretty weak in terms of offence compared to most of the metagame, which is full of 12k+ VGs.

Also was gonna say Genocide Joker, but you added the fact it'd need the same skill. Sad But seriously, Joker's an insult to NGs.

Putting those 13k Overlords in this and what not isn't fair for NGs.

Genocide Joker is absolutely terrible and has an expensive counterblast for something another one can do with only CB1 for 1k less.
    Shard
    Shard
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : -5

Post by Shard Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:06 am

But thy have a good matchup against Bermudas URGH. I hate NGs and their standing BS ;~;
    /salty
    anyway, like it's the only good G2 with 11k. I guess Bombardment Dragon is ok but it's a Tachikaze.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:08 am

Shard wrote:But thy have a good matchup against Bermudas URGH. I hate NGs and their standing BS ;~;
    /salty
    anyway, like it's the only good G2 with 11k. I guess Bombardment Dragon is ok but it's a Tachikaze.

If it's against any deck that can't get over 11k as a VG, then of course they're going to have a tough matchup. Hence why the Jap metagame is so harsh on them but the english meta welcomes them with open arms.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Brutal Jack is still a very cool name IMO. But Genocide does fit better.

This card's all abou sheer power. It's stronger than a lot of G3s but can also intercept.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:59 pm