Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Jordan, Lich Lord
Johnny
6 posters

Card of the Day 8/31/12 - Spiral-Wave Water Commander, Benedict

Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Card of the Day 8/31/12 - Spiral-Wave Water Commander, Benedict Empty Card of the Day 8/31/12 - Spiral-Wave Water Commander, Benedict

Post by Johnny Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 am

Card of the Day 8/31/12 - Spiral-Wave Water Commander, Benedict Vgd_today4-3

AUTO【R】: At the beginning of the close step of the battle where this unit attacks a vanguard, if you have an «Aqua Force» vanguard, Stand this unit, this unit gets Power -5000 until end of turn. This ability can only be used once per turn.

Card Lore: A one-in-a-million legendary commander who became a Colonel in "Aqua Force", he is able to control the power of the ocean waves themselves. By mixing up the air using his arm as a fulcrum, he can create vortex-like blasts from the rushing power, that can become gigantic vortexes capable of swallowing giants, but he can make any sort of whirlpool or vortex. He seems to be a veteran soldier who has belonged to the navy since its inception, but because Aquaroid appearances don't nessecarily match their actual age, noone knows his age, except himself. Once something is dragged into the great whirlpool, they enter the domain of the Water Commander. Swallowed up, one is at the mercy of the ebb and flow of the waves, but also will be hit by a heavy rain of bullets and water that seems like it will never stop.

Last edited by Johnny on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Card of the Day 8/31/12 - Spiral-Wave Water Commander, Benedict Empty Re: Card of the Day 8/31/12 - Spiral-Wave Water Commander, Benedict

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:20 am

That aqua force..sounds kind of cool. It gets you another attack which helps out your other units.

A unit can attack even if it's power is too low to hit right? It wont give them a damage but it still counts as a attack.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Card of the Day 8/31/12 - Spiral-Wave Water Commander, Benedict Empty Re: Card of the Day 8/31/12 - Spiral-Wave Water Commander, Benedict

Post by Johnny Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:22 am

The unit with the lowest power can attack whatever, it just won't deal damage to the opposing unit.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:34 am

Benedict is so good <3
    Minimum of 5 attacks with it and a Storm Rider. Aqua Force, I love you.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:18 am

No Aqua Force deck has defeated me though. They just don't cut it D:
    Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 7

Post by Kokonoe Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:41 am

Scarlet Highlights wrote:No Aqua Force deck has defeated me though. They just don't cut it D:

They lose against crossrides. Just like every other deck. Against 11ks, they're actually pretty godly.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 pm

It's more that they have to re-develop their column formations when going against Cross-Rides. Reform back to 18K+ columns and then lash out with 23K Navalgazer.

Does it always work? Usually.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:29 am

Figured I'd post a little later because Koko and I did some tests with this card alongside Maelstrom and Diamantes.

The results were remarkable, to say the least. The amount of pressure this card places is ridiculous on 10k VGs, even moreso on 11ks once Aquabreath exists. On top of that, with Theo behind it, it restands to break even against crossrides, which can be crazy as all hell when triggers are stacked on it.

This + Aquabreath makes Aqua Force highly competitive, regardless of how the meta is in Japan.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 am

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:This + Aquabreath makes Aqua Force highly competitive, regardless of how the meta is in Japan.

I've been saying Aqua Force would be High Tier for a good while now.
    No one listens to me.
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Kyousuke Kousaka
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 4

Post by Kyousuke Kousaka Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:44 am

Queen wrote:
    Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:This + Aquabreath makes Aqua Force highly competitive, regardless of how the meta is in Japan.

No one listens to me.

You were hyping them before Aquabreath and Benedict, so you're right, but at the time, that wasn't the most optimal assumption.

Now it's just like, "Aqua Force, not High Tier? pfff you must suck at this game" etc. etc.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:55 am

Kyousuke Kousaka wrote:
    Queen wrote:

No one listens to me.

You were hyping them before Aquabreath and Benedict, so you're right, but at the time, that wasn't the most optimal assumption.

Now it's just like, "Aqua Force, not High Tier? pfff you must suck at this game" etc. etc.

I was hyping them on what I predicted would come out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 pm