Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kira
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Dae of Judgment
Dusk
LC
Ruka
Welche
Slender Thar
BlindMonkey
Luna Ori
Rodrigo
Raine
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kokonoe
Striker
Serenade
HiveNet
22 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 36 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Kira Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Hive, you, me, Jordan, Dae, Rod, Gris, maybe Cherry. That's 8, enough for a ladder.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 36 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:18 pm

8 isn't enough for a ladder.

It's enough for a small tourney if absolutely everyone's interested, but that's it.

Although, once (if) we manage to get at least like 12-15+ people frequenting the MTG section, I do still intend to start a league. Only, not sure on what format would be best. I'd want to say standard, and the league would reset when new sets come out or when a block rotates, but I also realise a lot of the section prefers formats like modern (which I kinda suck at).
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:01 pm

I'd love to do standard more than modern tbh. I think its probably the fairer way of doing things.

Since, it means that if we get new to the game players, they aren't at such a huge handicap due to not knowing many cards avaliable to use.

Also, how is everyone today?

I am wondering if anyone could give me a list of a relatively cheap Standard Corpsejack Deck. Since, I have litte idea of where to start.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 pm

How is everyone today post*

I do think we're too small for tournaments...but we can all hold games whenever we want since we're all so close Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:11 pm

We usually have games daily anyway, yeah.

A big tournament might happen in the future though~
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I'd like to do standard more too, especially since it's more likely to vary greater over time, whereas modern can reach a point of just staying the same, heck the same Jund, Martyr, Tron and RUG Delver decks pretty much dominate the format constantly now.

Personally I feel like standard allows for more creative decks to flourish, because there isn't such a strict power line to beat, and lots of decks have niche places or matchups and don't suck against everything else.

And yeah, it's much easier on players who don't know the modern cardpool well. Personally I only really recognise cards well from the Scars block and forwards, which is why my ability in modern is significantly lacking right now.

Won't comment on the Corpsejack question, mostly since I hate building decks around one specific card (EDH is an obvious exception) and even if I were to consider such an idea, I wouldn't pick a card that's utter crap.

Speaking of EDH (kinda), anyone up for some multiplayer EDH? Wanna try out a new deck that's a total revamp of one of my old ones.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Fair enough dude. I only wanted a framework really.

Really its just going to be a Golgari deck with stuff to make Corpsejack funny in. Since, I just love Corpsejack no matter how terrible it may be.

So don't worry about it actually guys. I think it will be more fun to do myself.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 pm

If you want to abuse Corpsejack in an already decent deck, you could go Junk (G/W/B) tokens, with Lingering Souls, Intangible Virtue, and other token producers, with Ajani and Mikaeus.
    Dae of Judgment
    Dae of Judgment
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 22

Post by Dae of Judgment Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Tournaments have been tried, they just don't work with such a small community.

But Corpesjack Menace decks focused on the cards have been made, I should post a deck list about it. They aren't that good, but work fairly well around the subject, if you so desire to know.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asVwvAC9E64&list=PLCvhvSk6Xga3vzLUE0wNTNzbDsubGlA79&feature=plcp

My SMAS LP I plan to continue this weekend now with 100% custom thumbnails of awesomeness.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 pm

How is everyone today?

I saw the best Vanguard match. Dragonic overlord the End attacks, checks doubles Critical. Opponent is up to 5 damage. Persona blasts, stands and gets a critical again.

Opponents damage trigger, 4 Heals. He surives, plays two Eurayle, and attacks for game. Ws awesome, and is unlikely to ever happen again.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 pm

That's a mix of good and bad luck there. It was good for the moment, but if that situation hadn't happened, having all 4 heals in a row is terrible.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Im doing good today Smile

4 Heals in a row? That's awesome!
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:00 pm

I just finished Oreimo, now to wait until April for season 2. Can't wait, honestly.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:08 am

My computer apparently had caught some virus/trogan/malewire thing and I had to spend an hour getting it out.....now Im scared it's not gone.

Who decided to create computer viruses anyway?
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 am

My parents let the bill run up too high and I now have no Internet or cable. So yeah. Thank god for cell phones
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:36 am

And I can't sleep properly. My back hurts a lot while I'm lying down after some hours... ;-;
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm buying Mario Kart Advanced and Minish Cap today!
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:17 pm

How is everyone today?

Im doing fine, wish I had some money for FNM though.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm incredibly bored lately, looking for a job to fill my time.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:39 pm

How is everyone today? Stealing Jordan's line as ever.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Welche Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Not bad so far. Been practicing some GFX for my YT channel.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 am

Im bored..anyone wanna do some Standard games?
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:21 am

I'm up for A Standard game. xD. Maybe 2.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:26 am

Server's down. If you want the game, use an alt server I found. Where it says play.cockatrice.de you put woogerworks.com

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:48 pm