Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kira
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Dae of Judgment
Dusk
LC
Ruka
Welche
Slender Thar
BlindMonkey
Luna Ori
Rodrigo
Raine
Jordan, Lich Lord
Kokonoe
Striker
Serenade
HiveNet
22 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 15 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Kira Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Tomorrow is a weird day for me as far as commute. Before Saturdays involved a train ride from Elizabeth to Newark, then a Greyhound ride to Mt. Laurel, then a cab ride to the school. But I now carpool with a guy who lives in Trenton so I just take the train there.

But the week break is my break between semesters. Meaning my schedule changes in 2 weeks. Then I only have class Monday. And one online class.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 15 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:01 am

I still don't even start again until Monday. ._.

However, I got accepted back at the school I was at, so I can re-take year 12 just fine. =D
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:09 am

Year 12? You have Year 12?

I'm confused by that. Wait, that means I am roughly the same age as you... i think.

My new college is awesome. My maths teacher is insane, and gives out Magic cards for free. Jackpot
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 am

HiveNet wrote:My new college is awesome. My maths teacher is insane, and gives out Magic cards for free. Jackpot

You are the luckiest MtG player ever. ffs
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:15 am

Dracogenius wrote:
    HiveNet wrote:My new college is awesome. My maths teacher is insane, and gives out Magic cards for free. Jackpot

No, thats a friend of mine. Same Maths teacher. he bought two boosters. First one had Nicol Bolas. Second one had Garruk... Two planeswakers....

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:17 am

HiveNet wrote:
    Dracogenius wrote:

No, thats a friend of mine. Same Maths teacher. he bought two boosters. First one had Nicol Bolas. Second one had Garruk... Two planeswakers....

...the luck must be where you live.

TELL ME NOW, I'M CATCHING A PLANE.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 am

HiveNet wrote:Year 12? You have Year 12?

I'm confused by that. Wait, that means I am roughly the same age as you... i think.

My new college is awesome. My maths teacher is insane, and gives out Magic cards for free. Jackpot

Year 12 is the first year of college.

Which, unfortunately, I have to re-take.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:28 am

West Wales. Across the border into England. Find a place with more cattle than people, and that should be it roughly. The joys of living in Herefordshire. So I'll see you in a few days then?

Oh joys. Someone has stolen one of my Akroma's..... that's annoying, I had a plan for them. Involving Worldfire.

@ Chris.

Oh so, your a year older than me, since I'm taking YR12 for the first time now. How intresting. Subjects?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:31 am

Yeah, so it's awks for me since I no longer know anyone in my year, but ah well.

Taking maths, chemistry, physics and economics. Last year I failed the first 3 and got a D in Geography, which is ironically the subject I don't want to take anymore.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:34 am

Need help in math? I was top of my class every year, if you need it.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:36 am

Oh, I'm doing 3 of those. Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Med history and Phsycology. It's pretty intense, and some of it boring.

It must awkward. I couldn't imagine really. Nor would I want it. I like having at least one friend.

And the offer of maths helps extends from me as well.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:37 am

Kira the Unseen wrote:Need help in math? I was top of my class every year, if you need it.

I'm a straight A student, I have no worries about this next year.

I was just ill for like 80% of my last school year, unable to walk since February, so yeah.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:39 am

That really doesn't help.

one person starting at the same time as me was in a coma for 5 years. Which is an intresting life story.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:40 am

Yeah, I feel awks now xD
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:42 am

No reason to feel awkward for offering to help. It's a nice thing to see people say, tbh. I'd be thinking too deep to take it as an insult to my intelligence.

And, I can't for the life of me figure out where I got a "Thanks" to get 3 rep... Am I the only one that can't stand not knowing where they got a rep from? s:
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 am

Only slightly.... But how were we to know without asking?

Wow TV is wierd tonight....

And no chris you aren't. I do manage to stop myself from looking back over every post I have made to look for the post in question.

It's just nice to know.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:45 am

I'm in my 13th year of school, yes Kindergarden counts for me. Yea, America is a rebel.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:52 am

I have very little understanding the americain shcool system, only you always seem to be one step behind out one. At least, given my terrible unserstanding.

Middle school of your is high school for us.
    High school is our College.
    College is our University...

Also you can get held back years, which kind of promotes not slacking off to much. Still, it confuses to me this day, so I have no idea how old you could possibly be Strike.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:55 am

All I know is the American education system is worse than ours, and I don't bother understanding the rest. =D
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:58 am

A simple way of putting it. Although they have better Uni's. Sadly.

Still, ours is in no way perfect, given how terrible we are at getting exams right, without problems with them.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:59 am

HiveNet wrote:A simple way of putting it. Although they have better Uni's. Sadly.

Where did you hear that malarkey?
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:02 am

MiT, Havard, Yale i think it is?

There was a paper into the top 10 greatest Uni's, and MiT was on top, Cambridge and Oxford were 5th and 6th I think, with ones in the rest of europe in the other gaps.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:10 am

Except Cambridge is the best university in the world, with Oxford in 5th. Imperial College London is 6th.

Harvard, MiT and Yale come in 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively.

Our best is just as good as theirs overall. But our general education system is better.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by HiveNet Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:13 am

Oh, hmm. Ok. Yeah, that seems fairly reasonable.

I read a different thing that had a very different look. Imperial college wasn't on there. Or was it 8th?

Well, all I know is I won't be going to any of those Uni's becuase I know I'm not good enoguh to get there.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:15 am

Heh, different sources will rate them differently, but for almost every evaluator Cambridge will be on top.

Still, it's just interesting things to know, imo.

Personally, I'm glad I don't have to waste any of my time going to uni for what I want to do. =D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:14 pm