Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Deadman Wonderland

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Deadman Wonderland Empty Deadman Wonderland

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:36 pm

A survivor of the devastating magnitude 11.4 earthquake that sunk 75% of Tokyo (which he has no memories of), middle school student Ganta Igarashi lives an ordinary and peaceful life — until the day a mysterious man in blood-soaked crimson armor comes into Ganta's school, slaughters his entire class, and implants a strange red crystal on his chest. Ganta becomes the only suspect in the slayings; even though he proclaims his innocence, the court convicts Ganta and sentences him to life imprisonment at Deadman Wonderland, a privately-owned penal facility (the only one in Japan) disguised as a theme park to attract tourists.

While serving his sentence, Ganta befriends Shiro, a strange albino girl who knew Ganta as a child, and discovers the truth about Deadman Wonderland: the facility houses "Deadmen" — people endowed with an ability to turn their own blood into a weapon (the "Branches of Sin") — and the sadistic proprietors of the prison force the Deadmen to fight each other to keep them occupied…and to entertain the tourists willing to pay large sums of money to watch them fight.

As the days drag on, Ganta — who finds himself as the Only Sane Man amongst the Deadmen — finds himself forced to make a choice: he can either lose whatever remains of his sanity or learn to stand up for himself.

Thus goes the tale of Deadman Wonderland, a monthly Shōnen manga written by Jinsei Kataoka and illustrated by Kazuma Kondou (who both worked on the Eureka Seven manga). The manga received an anime adaptation from Manglobe in the Spring 2011 season, and Crunchyroll simulcast the series (with English subtitles) an hour after broadcast in Japan. FUNimation licensed the anime in the US and Canada, and its dubbed version premiered on Cartoon Network/[adult swim]'s Toonami block on 26 May 2012.

I'll be honest I never heard about it before Toonami. I liked it, it's not the sort of thing I usualy watch but it was a fun little series. Sucks that it stopped right when the plot was getting good though.
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Deadman Wonderland Empty Re: Deadman Wonderland

Post by Garazza Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:46 pm

I just fell in love with it when I saw it.
    Magic Man
    Magic Man
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Post by Magic Man Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:44 pm

The manga was great, but the anime's more like a commercial for the manga than anything else.
    It's just a shame that the manga's been stalled as well; the mangaka's pregnant.

On another note, this is one of the most graphically violent series I've seen.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Magic Man wrote:The manga was great, but the anime's more like a commercial for the manga than anything else.
    It's just a shame that the manga's been stalled as well; the mangaka's pregnant.

On another note, this is one of the most graphically violent series I've seen.

Eh Ive seen worse but the language was the worst Ive ever seen Smile What was there again, 3 bleeps an episode?
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Magic Man wrote:The manga was great, but the anime's more like a commercial for the manga than anything else.

I never knew she was pregnant until I read this and I am not gonna lie, I was pretty surprised.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:39 pm

The manga is pretty nice from what I've heard and the little bit of what I've read.
    ... The anime I can't stand though. It's so... boring. :s
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:14 pm

I actually watched the anime of this first and enjoyed it then I got to well you know, and I was all like "oh". So then I read the manga and I was like "Well this is certainly different for the most part".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:37 am