Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Rodrigo
Serenade
6 posters

Another one of my mysterious suggestions.

Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 11

Another one of my mysterious suggestions. Empty Another one of my mysterious suggestions.

Post by Serenade Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Maybe/Possibly a debate section? Albeit for gaming, real world issues, peoples scares and such?

I dunno I had the idea when I was out earlier.

I do realize It could possibly lead to small amounts of spam but so long as it abides by the rules of the forum I don't think we will have any issues with it, and any addition isn't really a bad addition.

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Another one of my mysterious suggestions. Empty Re: Another one of my mysterious suggestions.

Post by Rodrigo Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:33 pm

On YCM, it was a very long story that led to the creation of the Debates section. It is a very... volatile place, IMO. We might end up needing one as our community grows, but for now, I'm not sure.
    Going to talk with the other Admins.
    J-Max
    J-Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 4

Another one of my mysterious suggestions. Empty Re: Another one of my mysterious suggestions.

Post by J-Max Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Wouldn't it be easier just to use the [Debate] Tag in the Topic Title? Make it [DEBATE] if needbe.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 pm

But then it possibly may clutter general with needless [Debate] Threads.

And okay Rod, I don't mind what happens really :L
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm not sure what stopped General from being full of Debate Threads.
    Doesn't it fall under the category of discussing real world problems? Like posting something from the news and having a discussion about it. Or the "Is God Real" debates. It's all the same thing.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Still we would be cluttering the General thread with them in the future IMO if we just had a place were people could actually form sensible knowledgeable posts rather than simple minded discussions in General then I don't see any issues with having it.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 pm

I don't see how it clutters General when it's effectively the same thing. If you want those long, heated debates, just say you wanna have an intelligent discussion or something in the opening post.

If everyone else thinks it's really necessary, then a Debates section can be made.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 pm

It's not necessary. It fits what general is for.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Nothing is really necessary in a forum, so to speak, I mean of course you need the bare minimum but at the same time and in this case, having more is better than having less i.e people know where to go to actually talk about topics they want to discuss rather than having to look through threads and find the right one.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 pm

If you ask Matt, debates was a wondrous place until Luna ruined it. Ah gossip. I would support a place for debating on a more elevated level where making jokes would be frowned upon.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:21 pm

I don't see why anyway would want need/want to make a joke in a forum for debating purposes.
    Welche
    Welche
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 8

Post by Welche Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Exactly the point of giving it its own forum.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Agreed, plus we could possibly provided stronger rules to benefit the structure of the threads posted there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 am