Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Yuzuru Otonashi
Kyng
Welche
Kokonoe
Luna Ori
Johnny
Light Yagami
Raine
Slender Thar
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Shard
Rodrigo
Dog King
Serenade
J-Max
Dae of Judgment
Jordan, Lich Lord
Striker
23 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Here in ohio it always has crappy rainy weather so I dont see anything different.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:08 pm

I only appear mad because of the way I tend to bluntly put things. I just take the job as a mod seriously, and I don't want people spamming about another forum that this one was designed to get away from.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 11

Post by Serenade Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 pm

That is highly understandable, no one said you didn't take your job seriously, it's not like you should abuse your powers but at the same time, a discussion is a discussion at any rate.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 pm

I understand Chris. I was in your shoes before.
    J-Max
    J-Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 4

Post by J-Max Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:I only appear mad because of the way I tend to bluntly put things. I just take the job as a mod seriously, and I don't want people spamming about another forum that this one was designed to get away from.
    You can be a Mod, and I understand that you take things seriously, but lighten up man..... When I was Mod of *Forum Name Withheld* I was calm most of the time and remained myself. Get down to our level ^^
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:20 pm

So anyway Im fixing up my Dark Irregular list finnaly. and I was wonderinf if Still Vampyr should be at 4?
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:23 pm

J-Max wrote:
    Chandra Ablaze wrote:I only appear mad because of the way I tend to bluntly put things. I just take the job as a mod seriously, and I don't want people spamming about another forum that this one was designed to get away from.
    You can be a Mod, and I understand that you take things seriously, but lighten up man..... When I was Mod of *Forum Name Withheld* I was calm most of the time and remained myself. Get down to our level ^^

This is the only time I've even had to mention being mod, and only the second time I've felt the need to be strict about something. I said what I said, and gave the reasoning for it, so there's no reason to act like I'm in the wrong. For the most part, I'm very laid-back about rules and the like, but certain things shouldn't be left to just go.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Having a slight man-crush on someone is normal, right?
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Striker Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Serenade, it depends. Anyway, what to talk about?
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Well it's David Tennant :3

And we should talk about classic gaming consoles.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Alright guys, no more YCM talk. Why are we here, again?

So I just bought the MtG Deckbuilder's toolkit. From the 4 boosters that came with it, only notable
    Rare is Mutilate (which is AWESOME). Otherwise, a good combination of commons and uncommons for a nice value.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

I remember my family owning a Sega something when I was 3 or 4. It felt like an awome achievment to be able to memorize the level cheat for Sonic Smile
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm thinking of getting the toolkit since I'm getting into the game. See what it has then probably try to get a few more cards and make a budget deck out of it. Is it worth the money?

Mutilate sounds like a really sweet pull too.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Striker Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Anyone mind explaining a toolkit to me?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 pm

It's an awesome start, Chris. After that, get yourself your favorite Intro Pack (better from Avacyn than from M13, the best M13 Intro Pack is blue and the others are mediocre) and then you can make a nice budget deck.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:47 pm

@Striker, "225 semi-random cards
    4 booster packs
    1 deck builder strategy insert
    1 learn-to-play insert
    1 reusable storage box"

@Rod, Blue's out of the question since I hate the playstyle (except Tezzeret Post). I'll probably end up going with mono-Green or B/R. Depends on what I can get my hands on.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Striker Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Sounds like a good start for a newb. Now I need an excuse to go out and get it.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Location : Second star to the right and straight on til morning

Post by Raine Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Now is it noob or newb?
    J-Max
    J-Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 4

Post by J-Max Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Raine wrote:Now is it noob or newb?
    noob = Someone who doesn't know Jack Crap about something but they think they do. Or they generally suck at it

newb = A Newbie who is willing to learn.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:12 pm

They're synonymous. They mean the same thing with a different spelling. Just saying.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 pm

DO THEY!? DO THEY!? Such would be the opinion of a scrub himself, because in truth they are not the same for their origins and skill are entirely different. A newb, stands for a "newbie" who has simply little skill at the game primary due to lack of experience. Which such an individual continues playing they eventually fade into noob, or simply lowest tier of skill and usefulness unless they rise into amateur and player.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Ive always seen Noob as a sort of insult but Newb as a way of saying your new at something and are willing to learn,
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Jordan-The Manamancer wrote:Ive always seen Noob as a sort of insult but Newb as a way of saying your new at something and are willing to learn,

Or that... I guess
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Raine wrote:DO THEY!? DO THEY!? Such would be the opinion of a scrub himself, because in truth they are not the same for their origins and skill are entirely different. A newb, stands for a "newbie" who has simply little skill at the game primary due to lack of experience. Which such an individual continues playing they eventually fade into noob, or simply lowest tier of skill and usefulness unless they rise into amateur and player.

So yes, tl;dr: They're synonymous.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:
    Raine wrote:DO THEY!? DO THEY!? Such would be the opinion of a scrub himself, because in truth they are not the same for their origins and skill are entirely different. A newb, stands for a "newbie" who has simply little skill at the game primary due to lack of experience. Which such an individual continues playing they eventually fade into noob, or simply lowest tier of skill and usefulness unless they rise into amateur and player.

So yes, tl;dr: They're synonymous.

You're a whore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 am