Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Yuzuru Otonashi
Kyng
Welche
Kokonoe
Luna Ori
Johnny
Light Yagami
Raine
Slender Thar
Shaped Like Itself
Ashiok
Shard
Rodrigo
Dog King
Serenade
J-Max
Dae of Judgment
Jordan, Lich Lord
Striker
23 posters

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 11

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 14 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Serenade Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:33 am

People are getting scared because all these YouTubers and people like that are doing video games on it, then people over exaggerate the scariness of said game.

Slender would be scary if more happened, i.e rather than him just pop on your screen, for example maybe if he got too close he would start damaging you with those tentacles or whatever the hell you would call them.

Slender is basically in it's simplest form about collecting some pages for no apparent reason, to then be caught by this tall man with a white face and brought back to the start.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 14 Empty Re: The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:38 am

Thats the whole point though! He doesnt do anything, the screen just goes off and were left to wonder what he's doing and why he was chasing you.

The game's focus is on the atmosphere. The Tension.

That fact that he doesnt do anything leaves what he does up to the mind. After all Nothing Is Scarier.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NothingIsScarier
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 am

It makes me feel as if it's an unfinished game, and then what is the screen like breaking effect all about anyway?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:49 am

I would assume it's either because

A) Looking at slendy too long makes you insane

or, and I personaly believe this one

B) Your character is holding a camera and Slendy makes it malfunction. It would sort of fit with the whole Slenderman mythos.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 am

Meh, B would be more understandable, still I feel the game is unfinished.

And don't get me wrong I love Psychological games and such (I love Dear Esther) but it just feels meh.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:56 am

I like the Minimalist feel of it. It's scary because of what it doesnt show you.
    J-Max
    J-Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 4

Post by J-Max Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 am

You want Psychological? Play Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube. That will truly f*** with you mind P
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:48 am

J-Max wrote:You want Psychological? Play Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube. That will truly f*** with you mind P

Never heard of it. How is it?
    J-Max
    J-Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by J-Max Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 am

I don't want to spoil very much but let's just say that every possible way the screw with your mind. The game will do it

Eternal Darkness Spoiler:
    Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 7

Post by Kokonoe Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 am

Meh, I've heard a lot creepier.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Post by Ashiok Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:25 am

I scare easily and that doesn't even sound bad.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Formatting your Memory Stick? It sounds just like my little brother.
    J-Max
    J-Max
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by J-Max Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:50 pm

All Sanity Effects:

This Video features everything that can go wrong in Eternal Darkness. Be Very Afraid XD
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Location : Second star to the right and straight on til morning

Post by Raine Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:57 pm

J-Max wrote:I don't want to spoil very much but let's just say that every possible way the screw with your mind. The game will do it

Eternal Darkness Spoiler:

Head dissapearing? Sounds awful.
    The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 14 1222ea8f-s
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:08 pm

#6 Made ME LOL.
    Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 7

Post by Kokonoe Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm

That was absolutely atrocious. :v
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 9

Post by Kyng Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Slender is a freaking awesome game, no doubts about it, but there's one thing that upsets me about it...

...when you've watched it over and over, it loses it's terrifying nature and becomes more of a "flip the bird in your face" trinket. I mean, even the horrifying stinger's less eerie and more "F*CKING NOT AGAIN, I WANT TO FINISH THIS GAME!!!".

So, yeah, here's a topic: Slender. If you've seen it, discuss, and if not, go watch.
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Slenderman is a fantastic and simple game that feeds on one the most primal aspects of humanity. It's not "scary" or "terrorizing" so much as it's unknown. It is only as powerful as it is because it thrives on the concept of an unknown figure with an unknown purpose as he approaches in behind you, getting every second, closer and closer. That theme is something that our less civilized selves have feared since we feared the night and what it hid. Coupling that, with that godly music, providing intensity and urgency is what ties all the themes into a cohesiveness and terrorizing gameplay. That first play-through, when you find the first note and those drums beat, scares you sh*tless... you know it's coming... and it's watching and coming for you.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm confused now, are we talking about the older version of the slender game? Or the more recent version which everyone is hyping about.

I don't find neither of them scary though, as I have been stating for the last millennium.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 pm

*rolls eyes* Anything else you guys want to talk about?
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Slender Thar Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Yes. Let's talk about how boring Striker is and why he can't even contribute to the topic.
    For f*ck sake, if you show no interest, either don't post or say you have no opinion about Slender. That way it's at least relevant and tells us your opinion...and if you have no idea, but ARE interested, ask. Simple.
    Don't just post a generic "let's talk about something different" just so you can post.
    Striker
    Striker
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 3

Post by Striker Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:13 pm

My bad...

I don't know much about Slenderman. Could someone enlighten me?
    Raine
    Raine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Raine Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 pm

The Lounge ~The dumbest and 1st club on this site~ - Page 14 Pokmon-slender-man-explained
    Slender Thar
    Slender Thar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by Slender Thar Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Striker wrote:My bad...

I don't know much about Slenderman. Could someone enlighten me?
    C/Ped from an article on Know Your Meme:

Slender Man (a.k.a Slenderman) is a mythical creature often depicted as a tall, thin figure wearing a black suit and a blank face. According to the legend, he can stretch or shorten his arms at will and has tentacle-like appendages protruding from his back. Depending on the interpretations of the myth, the creature can cause memory loss, insomnia, paranoia, coughing fits (nicknamed “slendersickness”), photograph/video distortions and can teleport at will. The urban legend has inspired fan arts, fictional creepypastas and a mockumentary series in the style of the 1999 indie horror film Blair Witch Project.
    Serenade
    Serenade
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Post by Serenade Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 pm

I reckon I could beat Slender in a staring contest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:46 pm