Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

So someone explain to me the concept of Atlanteans.

- Neo -
    - Neo -
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

So someone explain to me the concept of Atlanteans. Empty So someone explain to me the concept of Atlanteans.

Post by - Neo - Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:07 pm

I wasn't sure whether or not this was a TCG-applicable post, but whatever.

In preparation for the next format, I've been trying to learn how to build Atlanteans and what exactly their purpose is, because I'm extremely confused. They have some really good (borderline broken on a few) cards, but putting a Deck together, I don't really understand how they're supposed to work.

I mean, I know you run Undines, Marksman, Diva, etc., but how do you even Trigger the effects of the majority of them? I threw in an Abyss Soldier, but that didn't seem to do as much as I would've liked it to, as well.

If someone can help me out, as well as give me a sample list I can toy around with, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

So someone explain to me the concept of Atlanteans. Empty Re: So someone explain to me the concept of Atlanteans.

Post by Armz Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Atlanteans get used as costs n' junk for WATER monster effects, and then you basically net pluses as a result.
    For example, Abyss Soldier discards Marksman/Armsman and you end up removing 2 cards.
    HiveNet
    HiveNet
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 7

So someone explain to me the concept of Atlanteans. Empty Re: So someone explain to me the concept of Atlanteans.

Post by HiveNet Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Anything that uses an Atlantean as a cost triggers its effect. So brionac bounces and destroys so on, and so on. this also includes Xyz monsters when they detach one. Its all about building field advantage through creating +1s. So they usually go with mermails, who help swarm, build Brionac/Xyz monsters, and starting building field advantage from there.
    The Monster of Surrealton
    The Monster of Surrealton
    Members
    Members

Rep : 3

Post by The Monster of Surrealton Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Byakk posted this on Duelist Groundz about the subject.

http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=145038
    -Griffin
    -Griffin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 6

Post by -Griffin Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm

So can someone explain to me why I've never seen these guys using Dragon Ice?

Especially since Dragon Ice has that borked ruling where it can discard itself as a cost to Summon itself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content