Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma

Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 7

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Empty BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma

Post by Kokonoe Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Explanation of the new System mechanic - OVERDRIVE:
    Chrono Phantasma Balance Patch Notes:

Character select screen, where there's 3 blank character slots! 3 more characters!
    New Versus Screen.

Discuss?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Empty Re: BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma

Post by Rodrigo Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:15 pm

I love Noel's new design. She was already my favorite, and now I can't think of any other character that can top her off in any game/anime/manga, for me <3

But I assume the playabilty, which was heavily changed, isn't going to be as good as the other games.
    Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Kokonoe Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Rodrigo wrote:I love Noel's new design. She was already my favorite, and now I can't think of any other character that can top her off in any game/anime/manga, for me <3

But I assume the playabilty, which was heavily changed, isn't going to be as good as the other games.

Noel'll probably still be really good. Just nowhere NEAR as good as BBCSII Noel.
    Icy
    Icy
    Members
    Members

Rep : 3

Post by Icy Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:34 pm

The more I look at it, the more I realize Hakumen's Overdrive isn't as broken as I thought. Since you can instant guard and gain like 1-3 magatama no problem, and canceling out of his drive is just useful due to some of the frames being awkward. Especially now with the 6D change, it might allow a bit more psyche play that I enjoy.

Anything Ragna is just stupid. No. He's always been a hair away from being overpowered. Tager's is awesome, and Noel's remains to be seen. Same for Jin because imo, his unlimited form (that basically was his overdrive anyway) was the most balanced but effective one of the bunch.

I'm glad that Hakumen's jumping juggle crap not nerfed. And I've always done a standing or jumping drive never a forward (since a C or B or Magatama attack always did better for me in that regard). So his changes shouldn't affect me TOO much unless I get pissed and resort to such combos, like I do against randoms who use Ragna (I know them but don't use them due to style preference).

Jin's air change might not hit more, but I'd think it would be a good distance and pressure game type thing rather than a direct attack now, something that Jin straight up lacked outside of his Ice Car and Ice Sword spam.

Kokonoe
    Kokonoe
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Kokonoe Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:16 am

New Information regarding BBCP:

-There will only be 3 story modes + a True Ending. You switch between several characters throughout each story as opposed to just playing as one throughout and all three stories are interconnected.
    -Each story has a different boss.
    -Bullet is based off of a beta design for Tager. Her drive is what Tager’s was originally going to be.
    -Amane was Tomokazu Sugita’s (Ragna’s JP VA) idea.
    -Amane plays some sort of role in Rachel’s plans.
    -The Six Heroes and Sector Seven are both central parts of the plot. The Six Heroes subplot will be concluded in this game.
    -Arakune speaks in coherent sentences now.
    -Bullet and Azrael were both specifically created to have a major impact on the plot.
    -Azrael was created as a character that actually has a reason to be fighting the entire cast.
    -Azrael has a “deep relation” with both Tager and Kokonoe.
    -Bang will play an extremely important role in the story.
    -Chronofantasma means “the illusion of time.”
    -CP was originally intended to be the last game in the series, but they’re having trouble wrapping up the plot and he mentioned that it probably won’t be.

-Mu and Lambda are confirmed to not be playable… but he did mention that both would be in story mode…
    -There is a currently-unannounced boss character.
    -Of the three new characters, Amane is the most difficult to play. Bullet is the easiest.
    -Amane’s drill do lots of chip damage. (Mori mentioned that Amane cares more about dealing chip than anyone else.) He also cares more about hit-confirms than other characters.
    -Azrael is slow and while his gameplay is intended to revolve around his Drive, he can still fight well without it. Mori compared him to Hakumen in terms of gameplay.
    -Bullet’s Drive throws are strike throws. (IE, they’re blockable grabs that can be comboed into ala KoF)
    -Overdrive is intended to be the offensive equivalent to Bursts. He noted that matches tend to end quickly once someone activates OD.
    -Devoured By Darkness isn’t the only super move that’s better in Overdrive…
    -Noel has a new Astral.
    -Combos are shorter in this one as per fan request. Fans also complained that the game was too slow, so matches are supposed to be faster now.
    -He dropped a hint (and nothing more) that Saya might be playable in the console version. This is not a confirmation!
    -Some characters have been given more drastic changes than others. As an example, he mentioned that Ragna is mostly intact from Extend, but Jin and Arakune have both received extensive changes.
    -On that note, he mentioned that they’re trying to limit Arakune’s Curse more.
    -Stylish Mode is being reworked. He specifically mentioned P4U here…

-The old characters all had their themes remixed. He noted that MOTOR HEAD, for instance, has a totally different feel to it.
    -All voice clips have been rerecorded.
    -There are currently about 12 stages. The only stage from previous games is Rachel’s.
    -Jin does not have a new outfit because he’s not the kind of character who cares too much about what he’s wearing.

-The console version will have a CS-like tutorial and an Abyss-like mode. Other features are still in the planning stages.

-He dropped a hint (and nothing more) that Saya might be playable in the console version. This is not a confirmation!

YESSSSSSSSS
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 am

OH GOD

This is orgasmic <3

Sponsored content