Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Kaede Takagaki
Raine
HiveNet
Magic Man
Yuzuru Otonashi
Garazza
Light Yagami
CM Renji
Ruka
Rodrigo
Material Vita
Jordan, Lich Lord
Dawn
17 posters

Anime and sometimes manga club

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Anime and sometimes manga club - Page 26 Empty Re: Anime and sometimes manga club

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Aw, what did you dislike about it?
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Anime and sometimes manga club - Page 26 Empty Re: Anime and sometimes manga club

Post by Rodrigo Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Most things.

I don't like how they skipped months that quickly without development, the storyline is too much fantasy even for a futuristic, MMO-based anime, how Kirito was mysteriously more powerful than anyone (no, willpower doesn't cut it), how Asuna fell in love for him so quickly, how quickly the boss battles were, AND how idiotic was Akihiko, especially in the ending.

"I forgot the reason long ago". This is big bullshit.

This anime could've been much better if the number of episodes for the first season was 50 or more. Then it'd have enough development for everything that happened. Besides, I felt like each episode besides the 3 last ones were fillers.

Plus, a more personal opinion: I never liked MMORPGs. So that makes me like it a bit less too.

The animations and the fanservice for the people that ship couples in a anime was perfect though, 11/10.

All in all, it IS my style of anime, just it was executed so poorly... It could've been a much better thing. And, as always, people overrate it too much.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Well in the aspect of MMO games, him being a beta tester and keeping his experience would let him have a bit more power than the average player. His battle with Akihiko though...Im just going to go with Plot Armor on that one.

I suppose they did rush him and Asuna.

Dont know much more about Akihiko yet since he hasn't shown up past that point but I think he may be a little..mentally unstable.

I also never really listen to other people much when they tak about the anime they like. People are always going to overate the shows they like so I just watch them to form my own opinions on them.

Anyway I can see why you dislike it. Hopefully the next season is better for you Smile
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Yeah, I'll keep watching because 20 minutes per week doesn't hurt anyone ;3

The anime was so rushed there wasn't time to explain things that NEEDED to be explained, or at least mentioned a bit more. It's either a new style of making anime that I'm not used to, or it was just a bad decision from the makers. With that said, it WAS a terribly-written anime to be fairly honest, and for people that pay a little more attention, even KiritoxAsuna wasn't a good relationship compared to the myriad of pairings from other animes.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm

I wouldn't say it was terribly written Sad

They are adapting it from Light Novels so they (most likely) have a lot of information to get across. Some of it is bound to be lost for some reason be it Time Restraints, Budget, ect...
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 13

Post by Dawn Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:Yeah sorry I can only name 7 of those characters Dawn.

Also I take it you've gotten to a time skip Rod?
    Yeah, me too. I know the rabbit and the flying one in the back is from Touhou, but I don't know it too well so I can't remember the names. Oh wait, the flying one is Cirno. That's it. So 8.

Rodrigo wrote:This anime could've been much better if the number of episodes for the first season was 50 or more. Then it'd have enough development for everything that happened. Besides, I felt like each episode besides the 3 last ones were fillers.
    That's probably too much episodes for what was to be adapted. They even had to use those 'side stories' for almost 10 episodes. I'd have to say it probably could have used a few more episodes, but I could actually have greatly disliked it or not even bothered if it had that amount of episodes.

I would have liked it to be better written, but it's probably not the fault of the writers in that the number of episodes was most likely decided for them. Not to mention I haven't actually ever heard of a light novel that had more than 26 episodes for one season of an adaption.
    Rodrigo wrote:Plus, a more personal opinion: I never liked MMORPGs. So that makes me like it a bit less too.
    And although I can probably say that it really is over-hyped, it actually has quite a bit of reason in that you probably do know just how many people do like MMOs.

It doesn't actually go without reason this time.

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:I also never really listen to other people much when they tak about the anime they like. People are always going to overate the shows they like so I just watch them to form my own opinions on them.
    Same here.

Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:49 pm

Hey Dawn, what anime is your avatar and sig from? Never seen it before.
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:Hey Dawn, what anime is your avatar and sig from? Never seen it before.
    Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

I liked it at first but wasn't overly excited about it, but then to me it got better. There's only 6 episodes out of 24 so far, though, so who knows how it'll be.

I kind of feel like I'll be lazy when it comes to my avatar here. On YCM I change it a lot.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:45 am

So has anyone ever heard of a show called Naru Taru? I was looking on TV tropes at random. It's apparently supposed to be very dark and full or horror but..look at this opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIF5BLyh3Mk

Then again..with the comments on there mabye I should check it out Smile
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 29

Post by Garazza Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 am

Its so happy-go-lucky, yet I just know it'll be dark. Might watch it some time if I ever get off my lazy a**.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:57 am

I seem to have a thing for these Deconstruction sereis.
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Garazza Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:58 am

Oh...my...god! I just found a site that sells dvds of old school anime and some modern ones! /fangirling
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 am

Link? I could use a site like that Smile

I mainly use Amazon but sometimes I have trouble finding some older shows.

Im still trying to find some Kekkaishi DVD's.
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Garazza Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:01 am

http://www.allanimedvd.com/index.htm

They even do cosplay! I am in love with this site.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 am

That does look pretty cool Smile

Now I just need to get a job to pay for any of that...
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Garazza Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 am

Straight to Christmas List, but which ones.

EDIT: They have Gurren Laggan. Must buy!

Last edited by Garazza on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 am

Anime and sometimes manga club - Page 26 Pirate_poker_face_by_dingernalt-d4v4yt4
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Garazza Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:31 am

Rodrigo wrote:Anime and sometimes manga club - Page 26 Pirate_poker_face_by_dingernalt-d4v4yt4

Anime and sometimes manga club - Page 26 Me-gusta
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Starting to watch Gundam 00 again. I like how the plot is going so far.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Caught up to SAO.

It is getting gradually better, and the last fight was pretty cool.
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Garazza Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Jordan, Lich Lord wrote:Starting to watch Gundam 00 again. I like how the plot is going so far.

IMO, 00 is the best Gundam series ever.

Rodrigo wrote:Caught up to SAO.

It is getting gradually better, and the last fight was pretty cool.

Glad to see you're seeing the brighter side of things.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Apparently just the first season wasn't good to me. I like Yui x Kirito more than Asuna x Kirito. LOL
    Garazza
    Garazza
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Garazza Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:58 pm

That's the only thing I hate about the whole series, the shippings. Ugh, I hate most shippings in general.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Garazza wrote:That's the only thing I hate about the whole series, the shippings. Ugh, I hate most shippings in general.

You're one of the few anime fans that don't like shippings, then. But it's fine. ^^
    Dawn
    Dawn
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Dawn Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:49 am

So... how do you guys like Naruto starting from episode 1 on Toonami?

Seeing the schedule again, it makes me want to watch Inuyasha, but even if I could watch Toonami, staying up that late won't happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:50 pm