Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Armz
Luna Ori
Ruby
Illyarcher
Rodrigo
Ashiok
10 posters

Chris makes a TCG banlist

Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Rep : 31

Chris makes a TCG banlist Empty Chris makes a TCG banlist

Post by Ashiok Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:31 pm

March 2012 list with the following changes:

Banned:

Archlord Kristya
    BLS-EotB
    Blackwing Kalut the Moon Shadow
    Elemental HERO Stratos
    Exodia the Forbidden One
    Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
    Honest
    Inzektor Hornet
    Morphing Jar
    Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
    Wind-Up Hunter
    Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
    Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
    T.G. Hyper Librarian
    Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
    Card Destruction
    Chain Strike
    Final Countdown
    Future Fusion
    Gateway of the Six
    Infernity Launcher
    Limiter Removal
    Machine Duplication
    Mind Control
    Monster Reborn
    Pot of Avarice
    Royal Tribute
    Chain Material

Magical Explosion
    Ojama Trio
    Self-Destruct Button

Limited:

Judgment Dragon
    Rescue Rabbit
    Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
    Tour Guide from the Underworld
    Wind-Up Zenmaity
    Rekindling
    Secret Barrel

Semi-Limited:

The Agent of Mystery - Earth
    Skill Drain

Unlimited:

Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
    Card Trooper
    Gladiator Beast Bestiari
    Spore
    T.G. Striker
    Tsukuyomi
    Book of Moon
    Destiny Draw
    Scapegoat

Last edited by Chandra Ablaze on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Chain material to forbidden)
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Chris makes a TCG banlist Empty Re: Chris makes a TCG banlist

Post by Rodrigo Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Card by card comment:

Banned:

BLS-EotB
    I can't imagine a new banlist without this @0. It's too much reward for little investiment. Busted design that should have never been created.

Blackwing Kalut the Moon Shadow
    Too many mind games that are not healthy for the game, especially on an archetype that has the potential of being too powerful. @0 is the right choice.

Elemental HERO Stratos
    The engine of a deck. I'd say that it wouldn't need to be banned for being the main recruiter of the deck, but the deck has too many recruiters and Stratos is the most broken of them. @0 once and for all.

Exodia the Forbidden One
    Instant wins without player-to-player interactions shouldn't exist.

Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
    Biggest of the terrible mind games. If Kalut's banned, this should be @-1.

Honest
    See Gorz and Kalut

Inzektor Hornet
    Questionable. Limiting centipede has always sounded like the best way to me, but if one's gonna hit Hornet, it can't be anything other than banning it.

Morphing Jar
    Its deck is awful and that is its only use. @0 is good.

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
    Since the beginning, this card was deemed too powerful. But there never was a deck capable of abusing it to a point of it deserving list attention. Then Hieratics were created.

Wind-Up Hunter
    Stupid goddamn hand loops.

Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
    Another busted card design. I'm not sure if it's all that much to get banned right now, but you unlimited Bestiari so yeah. I'd have to test 3 a GB deck like this.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
    Probably one of the most polemic cards in the past years, until you realize how many infinite loops it causes, and how terrible are infinite loops for the game.

T.G. Hyper Librarian
    Because +0 Synchros are kool

I'm not really sure on this one, limiting it would be okay too, maybe?

Card Destruction
    Played only on Dark Worlds and Empty Jar. Deserves to die for making either a stupid deck or a powerful deck, broken.

Chain Strike
    Another stupid deck that ruins the game.

Final Countdown
    And another. This one's the worst, because it might seem like it has a lot of player interaction until you realize it's Player 1 plays, Player 2 stops plays.

Future Fusion
    As much as I hate to say, this really needs to go Sad

Gateway of the Six
    y u no Once per Turn

Infernity Launcher
    Infernities have always been a deck I liked to play with, but I know that Launcher broke them too much.

Limiter Removal
    Another OTK machine, but maybe it's here because it's busted design more than OTK fuel.

Machine Duplication
    This one I really don't get. What deck type abuses this so much?

Mind Control
    Unsure too. Unless it is a fundamental piece in your format.

Monster Reborn
    I think this could stay honestly. Very few times has a game been turned around so heavily because of this card lately. But then again this is a much slower format you're creating so maybe CotH is more than enough.

Pot of Avarice
    It's funny how the drawback of this card became its main strength.

Royal Tribute
    I still don't get why this wasn't hit yet.

Magical Explosion
    OTK/FTK only card.

Ojama Trio
    OTK/FTK only card.

Self-Destruct Button
    Oh God why does this exist.

Limited:

Archlord Kristya
    I'd go as far as to ban it honestly. Besides being very hypocritical, she locks down the game so well, and in a format like yours I don't think I'd like to face her.

Judgment Dragon
    Pay 1000 LP to win the game. Seems legit. But without it Lightsworns become absolute shit, so I think that @1 it's okay.

Rescue Rabbit
    Unsure. I could easily see this banned.

Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
    Best possible hit for Dark World decks besides Card Destruction obv.

Tour Guide from the Underworld
    She's not too powerful to get banned but @2 she can still call another of herself too easily. @1 she requires a deck with more Fiends. I like.

Wind-Up Zenmaity
    Seems good. I'd not mind it @2 honestly.

Rekindling
    In a slower format, Rekindling is surely much more dangerous, yeah.

Secret Barrel
    Even without Chain Strike, Chain burn could be played not so badly with 3 of this. Limiting it is smart.

Semi-Limited:

The Agent of Mystery - Earth
    Nothing else changed on the deck besides the loss of Honest. But then again, limiting it was too much.

Skill Drain
    Could easily be limited IMO. Hinders way too many decks.

Unlimited:

Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
    Seems like a good move.

Card Trooper
    Oh, now I get why banning Duplication. I dunno if I'd like this @3 honestly. Need to test.

Gladiator Beast Bestiari
    Without Gyzarus, it becomes the star of the deck, and the deck gets much fairer to play.

Spore
    You kept Glow-Up away, and Spore is the least broken of the two. No one would play more than one Spore anyway.

T.G. Striker
    T.G.s sound like they can become a great deck again with this unlimited, despite losing 1 Skill Drain. Maybe semi-limit it? Unless I'm missing something else.

Book of Moon
    Too obvious.

Destiny Draw
    Malicious is still @2, so I guess it's okay.

Scapegoat
    IMO, such slower format wouldn't like this card @3. Maybe it's just me.
    Illyarcher
    Illyarcher
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 5

Post by Illyarcher Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:58 pm

In my opinion, I can't see them banning a lot of the cards you mentioned since it would just quite literally kill a lot of meta decks.

Chaos Dragons without Red-Eyes and BLS sounds just eugh.

Kalut wont get hit because who the hell uses Blackwings and Tops in this day and age, also its at one not like its gonna completely change the game.

Exodia however is probably one of the ones I agree on since it promotes the auto win function and does pretty much what it shouldn't. Guy plays and draws every card in deck, wins. That just shouldn't happen.

Gorz won't get hit since its just a good OTK/FTK stopper.

I don't see Honest getting hit either since I can't think of any top-tier decks that use it (Except Chaos Dragons with JD).

Hornet shouldn't get hit since its Dragonfly that's the problem. But hey both of them getting hit would be even better~

I think Morphing Jar should be hit because its the exact as what Exodia FTK does which is sit there and do a bunch of plays whilst your opponent can't do anything and ends up decking out.

Hunter because Hunter hand drop ruins game turn one unless you have The Veiler or Maxx "c".

Gladiator Beasts having been topping enough and not enough hate. Besides it can just be Veilered, Starlight Road'd or The Huge Revolution is Over.

Brio and Librarian because Synchro Hate <3

Gaia is a really good Xyz but again they arn't going to ban something that just came out.

Agree with Card Destruction 120%, Because 3 Grapha's in hand with this is just good game.

Chain Strike is iffy, It's good enough to top but eugh, I just cant see it getting banned.

Final Countdown. The troll's deck, I actually love this deck, mainly because of the way people get so angry at it. But they wouldn't just go 3 to 0 unless it was exceptionally broke.

Future Fusion. Turn 1 against Chaos Dragons is almost a guaranteed game win. I don't even think we need an explanation why this thing needs to get hit.

Gateway I don't think would get hit since they just released that new Six Samurai structure deck. Why kill new product when it can still make you some more money~

Infernity Launcher isn't even close as a problem as it was about 1 or 2 years ago. In a format with 2 Warnings and a bunch of MSTs your more than likely not able to get it off. And who even plays Infernities and wins against Top Tier decks like Inzektors and Wind-Ups.

Limiter Removal should stay at one still since the only two decks that have a chance at Top Tierness with this is Machinas and Gadgets. True Wind-Up could use it, but thats implying they havn't destroyed your hand and don't need to use it.

Machine Dup. could really only be used in... Um... I don't even think Wind-Ups run this thing. Next card.

Mind Control is just a derp card. I finally summon my ace of the deck in Main Phase 2 Very Happy, next turn. Hurr Hurr Mind Control, tribute for Caius. Get on the floor, dinosaur.

Reborn because top decking is great for the game. This is probably one of the only cards left (excluding Infernity Archfiend) that could entirely change a game thats been going on for a while. This or Storm.

Royal Tribute is just a card that Gravekeepers can pretty much use, since it requires Necrovalley or the other deck would be Malefic Geartown Stun.

Pot of Avarice. Has its pros and cons, all in all great late game for decks like Rabbit and Lightsworns.

Ojama Trio, Chain Burn, Secret Barrel. I like that nice new shave I just cut out of your life points.

Self-Destruct Button. Konami were high making this after seeing Countdown top.

Limiting Kristya wouldn't really do much except hitting Fairies.

Judgement Dragon would be nice at 2 but It dosen't deserve enough hate for it to be limited.

Rescue Rabbit is a gold mine that can still /easily/ make Konami some money.

Snoww, ugh same with Gateway, just came out in a structure deck. Can still be made money from.

Tour Guide at one is like spitting in the faces of those who opened countless Extreme Victory sets to try and get a playset. I like this idea~

Zenmaity is just stupid derp stall card. This thing banned or limited would be the best thing I can see on the ban list. But again, coming in future tins so hey, more money.

Rekindling, because a good Laval build can play this so well.

Secret Barrel. Because turn 1 this and Ojama Trio is just like saying -1800 before you start.

Earth, stay at one. Please. Agents were good, but I actually want Striker to come back.

Skill Drain. TGs. Konami hates Synchros.

Gale. 3. Either Blackwings are getting a nice boost at the cost of Kalut or Anti-Meta C4C decks will be going crazy.

Card Trooper at 3 must be why Machine Dup is being banned. Card Troop was fine were it was.

Spore. Plants. Konami hates Synchros. We know where this is going.

Bestiari, I dont even know. Its good. But its not good enough to get Limited and its not being used enough to goto 3.

TG Striker. 3. Konami Hates Synchros. This is about the fourth time i've said this <3

Book of Moon at three. I don't even run it at 1. Since they're are plenty of better cards.

D Draw. People still play D-Heroes?

Scapegoat. Woah, 3. Now all we need is Tsukuyomi, Thousand-Eyes Restrict and we can /practically/ bring back the Goat Format.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Get a brain before you post. This isn't a banlist prediction, this a custom format creation. Use your brain, and you can see why the changes were made. Rodrigo's post just before yours virtually summed everything up too. ._.

EDIT: Tsukuyomi to unlimited because I forgot to beforehand.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:21 am

Rod wrote:Card by card comment:

Banned:

I'm not really sure on this one, limiting it would be okay too, maybe?

Believe that I read on YCM before on one of his earlier banlists that Chris believed leaving it @1 wouldn't change anything either. Doesn't change how stupidly good it is.

Question though Chris, why Unlimit Gale? I have a good gist of everything else but that.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:23 am

Because Gale is in no way a card that deserves to be on the list. I mean, BWs are allowed to be good, Gale doesn't make them insane, Kalut does.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:28 am

Perfection wrote:Because Gale is in no way a card that deserves to be on the list. I mean, BWs are allowed to be good, Gale doesn't make them insane, Kalut does.

Kalut is clear to understand for the same reason as Honest.
    I think unlimiting would be a bit much, being able to slap down Gales back and forth and being able to drain one of the big baddies on the field...

Just me I suppose.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:30 am

How do you slap down Gales back and forth without mutliple Whirlwinds? And remember that other decks have been power creeping up ever since BWs even became a deck, whereas BWs haven't. Gale @3 seems perfectly fine to me.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:38 am

Perfection wrote:How do you slap down Gales back and forth without mutliple Whirlwinds? And remember that other decks have been power creeping up ever since BWs even became a deck, whereas BWs haven't. Gale @3 seems perfectly fine to me.

There's always teching Sangan and other draw powers. Though, with the power creep bit, you're making sense. To let Blackwings keep up, Gale being allowed to be @3 seems fine.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 am

Not like other decks don't have access to Sangan and drawing cards, the same thing can really go for any deck.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:05 am

Gale's effect isn't even something as game breaking as it might first seen IMO.
    Luna Ori
    Luna Ori
    Baka
    Baka

Rep : 7

Post by Luna Ori Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:28 am

Gale at three.

Yes, I like this. I like this a /lot/.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Edited OP since I'd forgotten to ban Chain Material.

Also, f*** the way this forum can bork even the simplest of edits.
    Armz
    Armz
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 36

Post by Armz Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Rodrigo wrote:Gale's effect isn't even something as game breaking as it might first seen IMO.
    Gale only "looks" intimidating.
    - Neo -
    - Neo -
    Members
    Members

Rep : 0

Post by - Neo - Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Out of curiosity, what does Skill Drain do @2 that makes it balanced that it couldn't do at 1 or 3? I don't see what putting it to 2 really does.
    HSektor
    HSektor
    Experienced Member
    Experienced Member

Rep : 16

Post by HSektor Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 pm

I just don't agree about the Mind Control,. About the rest? f*** yeah, slow format.

- Neo - wrote:Out of curiosity, what does Skill Drain do @2 that makes it balanced that it couldn't do at 1 or 3? I don't see what putting it to 2 really does.

Still usable while being impossible to abuse. @3 is overkill. @1 is too fragile.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Mind Con with the addition of Synchros and Xyzs is literally just a costless Brain control that can hit face-down cards. If you play it, you're generally in a winning position from there.

Skill Drain is more of a deck-building thing. It stops players from just shoving in 3 Drains and calling it an anti-meta deck.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Chandra Ablaze wrote:Skill Drain is more of a deck-building thing. It stops players from just shoving in 3 Drains and calling it an anti-meta deck.

Then it really isn't a very necessary thing to be done.

IMO.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I want to prioritise skill in ALL parts of the game, that includes deck-building, which should be made so it's half the skill of the game in the first place. Thus, Skill Drain is better off @2. It also too much of a "flip this, I win" card, at points.
    Dog King
    Dog King
    Members
    Members

Rep : -5

Post by Dog King Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 am

>wouldnt agree to half of it
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Dog King wrote:>wouldnt agree to half of it

Elaborate, please?
    Kanade Otonashi
    Kanade Otonashi
    Members
    Members

Rep : 4

Post by Kanade Otonashi Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Rodrigo wrote:
    Dog King wrote:>wouldnt agree to half of it

Elaborate, please?

He's Dog King. He doesn't elaborate shit.

Also, I like how this list kinda makes Diamond Dude a thing again. Maybe not a meta thing, but a decent thing.
    Dog King
    Dog King
    Members
    Members

Rep : -5

Post by Dog King Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:11 pm

I just see this banlist as changing this game around into some sort of slow goat format thing.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rodrigo Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Dog King wrote:I just see this banlist as changing this game around into some sort of slow goat format thing.

That's the point.

It's a much more balanced, fun format to play in.
    Ashiok
    Ashiok
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by Ashiok Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

lol, goat format. There's no way with today's card pool anyone could ever change it to Goat format speed. I mean, Agents would be one of the top decks, how is that slow enough for goat format?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:03 pm