Cardgame Coalition

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Yuzuru Otonashi
Yusei Fudou
Kyousuke Kousaka
Illyarcher
DanteSparda
Kira
Johnny
Jordan, Lich Lord
Shard
Ashiok
Serenade
Legend Zero
Ice
Rodrigo
Ruby
19 posters

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion

Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : 6

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion

Post by Kira Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Re-watching the first episode. Just realized they pulled a YGO. Bullies that magically turn into friends like nothing ever happened after they stole pretty much the most important thing to them. Really?
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Rep : 45

Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime Discussion

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:27 pm

So far it seems pretty good Smile Cant wait till the sub though..
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Rep : 0

Post by Ice Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:41 pm

I want a full release of Limit Break (or whatever the new OP is called, I'm just assuming it's that due to how much emphasis is put on it). =/
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 17

Post by Ruby Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm not the only one who hated most of the episode, right?

The memory wipe thing, imo, was pretty stupid. Come on, you could've had some development on them changing decks instead of: "I Ride Grade 3. Your clan is in another castle. Use this one.".

Aichi acting as a tutor is silly.

The next episode, I find it pretty... unfair. Kai is gonna be showing off Limit Break with Vermillion right off the bat. They can hold back on a monster like that. I mean, you had a bunch of posters with Kai and Thunder Break, so... :s

imo, I don't like the way it's going so far. Only things I'm waiting for is Zeyer's Superior Ride, Ren and Spectral Duke Dragon, Misaki's new cards, and Kamui with Azure Dragon.
    Legend Zero
    Legend Zero
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Legend Zero Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:26 pm

The fast pace had better be because they want to get into the plot (multiple plots) quickly, instead of just doing it to push the new decks as quickly as possible.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Rep : -1

Post by Johnny Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Cherry, you're literally not the only one. I can only hope that the writers can get out of this rut as soon as they can. If they can't, it's /really/ not looking good, and it's only been the first episode. =/
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:11 pm

The memory wipe was pretty stupid. The sealing clans was fine imo, but they probably should have gone into it a bit slowly with something happening where those three had to get sealed in order to obtain victory or something. Even if they want to go to main plot points faster, they probably should have started to dip into the plot before doing this, and then actually used a valid explanation instead of a memory wipe cop-out.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm

This was the anime's sad attempt at trying to deviate a little from the card-lore, because the card-lore for Gold Paladins /do/ talk of the 'Original Heroes" being sealed away, them being several Pallies (Shadow and Royal), and Kageros.

Proof's in the pudding.

Spoiler:
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:50 am

Heres the Vanguard english opening and ending thhemes if you want them Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHNfMVmtso
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:27 am

Wi fi Master jordan wrote:Heres the Vanguard english opening and ending thhemes if you want them Smile

TO THE FUTURE
    WE'LL KEEP ON RACING THROUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    FINAL TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
    Opening is bad, but that line gets more hilarious the more I use it.

Dream Shooter <3
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:34 am

Queen wrote:
    Wi fi Master jordan wrote:Heres the Vanguard english opening and ending thhemes if you want them Smile

TO THE FUTURE
    WE'LL KEEP ON RACING THROUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    FINAL TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
    Opening is bad, but that line gets more hilarious the more I use it.

Dream Shooter <3

after listening to it enough times it has become "So bad its good" to me Smile

But the ending was absolutly wonderfull.
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 am

I wasn't really a fan of either of the first songs, but the original OP1 sounded much better since it didn't sound awkward as hell in Japanese.

BUT THAT ED <3333333333333333333333333333333

Speaking of OPs, I keep rewatching the first 3 minutes of 66 for Kai and Limit Break (that IS the name, right?) Very Happy
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 pm

The ending is the best song that ever graced my ears.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:54 am

They actually didn't screw up the voices. TOO bad...
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:01 am

I remember hating that.
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:15 am

Something interesting I found while rewatching most of the episodes.

In episode 57, Ren is using his Psyqualia show everyone the image of his battlefield. Okay. Then he uses Psyqualia to see the image of his victory. Seeing all the cards that came up, Dragon Overlord The End was seen multiple times.

Why was Ren surprised again?
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:42 am

I'd assume part 2'll be up shortly, but I have to go, so I thought I'd just leave this here before I do.
    Rodrigo
    Rodrigo
    Admin
    Admin

Rep : 76

Post by Rodrigo Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Kai doesn't even need a full description on his duels to be on his level of badassery.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Rodrigo wrote:Kai doesn't even need a full description on his duels to be on his level of badassery.

This guy. He knows stuff. Listen to him.
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Jordan, Lich Lord
    Legendary Member
    Legendary Member

Post by Jordan, Lich Lord Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 am

Am i the only one who likes the way this season is going so far? It looks interesting to me Smile
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ruby Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:41 am

Wi fi Master jordan wrote:Am i the only one who likes the way this season is going so far? It looks interesting to me Smile

>Random Memory Wipe
    >Randomly acquire new Decks
    >Annoying kid
    >Aichi teaching
    >Anime going by Card Lores because they can't think of anything else
    >Nothing cool was shown for Royal Paladins or Kagero before disappearing for Season 2

yep
    seems pretty interesting.
    Kira
    Kira
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Kira Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 am

I hated season 2's start... Writers were high, I'm sure.
    Ice
    Ice
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Post by Ice Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:43 am

They definitely started it wrong and should have went about the deck switch another way, but I'm not gonna say I'll hate the entire season because of it.
    Johnny
    Johnny
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post by Johnny Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Logically, there was really no good way to switch their decks without causing some kind of uprising within the fanbase (since Aichi was so attached to his Royal Paladins and stuff). Really, they could've gone without the mind-wipe, and then Aichi and his friends would together (before the Asia Circuit starts up) try to find Takuto (who will obviously never be found anyway). Go to the PSY Shop, rematch with Kourin (or a fight with Ren's Gold Paladins), tie up some loose ends and resolve the 'triangle relationship' (I'm so pissed that Bushiroad confirmed that =x) between Kai, Aichi, and Ren. Etc, etc.
    DanteSparda
    DanteSparda
    Members
    Members

Post by DanteSparda Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't even remember getting past Episode 8 or such. In fact, I'm not even so sure that I finished watching the Misaki vs. Aichi fight the first time.

I realllllly need to catch up. =|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm